Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Biden coming after cryptos (@America 1st was right again)

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I don’t think you can consider China a superpower. At least, not by traditional standards. They have very little ability at force projection and don’t really have a blue-water navy. They are certainly trending toward that status but they aren’t there yet imo.

I agree that their Navy isn't any where comparable to ours. However, I doubt any war we fight with China will be a traditional war. They are powerful in many ways and its hard for me to not consider them a super power. Although i agree they may not meet the traditional definition.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Soros likes Bitcoin. Says it all…

Meh, just another person jumping on the train.

I continue to be amazed at BTC's staying power. In theory it could still be in its infancy.

BTC and ETH are emerging from the pack as market leaders and its performing as a hedge vs inflationary policies of big governments.

Last edited:

Overwatch

Poster
Founder
I agree that their Navy isn't any where comparable to ours. However, I doubt any war we fight with China will be a traditional war. They are powerful in many ways and its hard for me to not consider them a super power. Although i agree they may not meet the traditional definition.

Don’t get me wrong. They are absolutely our biggest threat but I feel like they’re somewhat of a paper tiger. I don’t think a conventional war would go well for them but with their nukes and their cyber warfare capacity they are absolutely a threat.

But superpowers don’t have fully built cities completely uninhabited. There’s something amiss with China and it’s not just communism.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
US subs will even the odds quickly.

It’s the great equalizer.
Meh, just another person jumping on the train.

I continue to be amazed at BTC's staying power. In theory it could still be in its infancy.

BTC and ETH are emerging from the pack as market leaders and its performing as a hedge vs inflationary policies of big governments.
C_A didn’t design it to go away quickly. Its worked out well too with them being able to mine all that information.

Can’t track people, their purchases, and confirm identities with tangible gold and silver.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
US subs will even the odds quickly.

It’s the great equalizer.

C_A didn’t design it to go away quickly. Its worked out well too with them being able to mine all that information.

Can’t track people, their purchases, and confirm identities with tangible gold and silver.

Do you think Satoshi Nakamoto is really DARPA?

America 1st

Founder
Do you think Satoshi Nakamoto is really DARPA?
Himself no.

Paid or leveraged by gov; definitely.

The C_A got confirmation of the criminal interest in BTC back in 2013 and haven’t looked back since.

America 1st

Founder
@America 1st this is good crypto reading.

View attachment 53213
Well that’s not really surprising. Traditional finance has much more capital in it.

The difference would be we NEED traditional financial services while virtual currencies could be completely done away with @ a net benefit to society.

I’d be interested to know what percentage of crypto transactions actually represent criminal activity. It’s always been believed to be around 50% if all transactions.

That number might be “smaller” than the to value of transactions in traditional services but if that percentage in traditional services is 1% then we have a much more clear idea of what the motivation behind cryptos really is (and anyone with brain knows it’s not above board investing”).

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Well that’s not really surprising. Traditional finance has much more capital in it.

The difference would be we NEED traditional financial services while virtual currencies could be completely done away with @ a net benefit to society.

I’d be interested to know what percentage of crypto transactions actually represent criminal activity. It’s always been believed to be around 50% if all transactions.

That number might be “smaller” than the to value of transactions in traditional services but if that percentage in traditional services is 1% then we have a much more clear idea of what the motivation behind cryptos really is (and anyone with brain knows it’s not above board investing”).

I think you will find we don't need traditional financial services. Most anything that can be done by a bank can be done by an algorithm. The industry is budding but in the not too distant future we wont NEED traditional finance. I see a hybrid model where people comfortable with crypto will use it while the olds will stay traditional. Eventually, in 50 years or so, traditional banking will phase out.

I don't buy that 50% of all crypto transactions are for illicit purposes. Maybe a long time ago, but crypto has gone mainstream now and there are plenty of legitimate uses.

America 1st

Founder
I think you will find we don't need traditional financial services. Most anything that can be done by a bank can be done by an algorithm. The industry is budding but in the not too distant future we wont NEED traditional finance. I see a hybrid model where people comfortable with crypto will use it while the olds will stay traditional. Eventually, in 50 years or so, traditional banking will phase out.

I don't buy that 50% of all crypto transactions are for illicit purposes. Maybe a long time ago, but crypto has gone mainstream now and there are plenty of legitimate uses.
No. It could literally all be gone tomorrow and nobody would be any worse off. In fact many of us would be much better off without it.

Also

As long people seek credit, the government issues currency (never gonna stop nor should it), and government programs like reverse repo & federally backed mortgages exist there will be banks.

I’m not even a fan of big banks or The Fed but suggesting people will just go to crypto is nonsense. Not only would government put a stop to it (for plenty of reasons) but most people aren’t gonna start storing their money in something that’s not federally insured (and crypto will never be).

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
No. It could literally all be gone tomorrow and nobody would be any worse off. In fact many of us would be much better off without it.

Also

As long people seek credit, the government issues currency (never gonna stop nor should it), and government programs like reverse repo & federally backed mortgages exist there will be banks.

I’m not even a fan of big banks or The Fed but suggesting people will just go to crypto is nonsense. Not only would government put a stop to it (for plenty of reasons) but most people aren’t gonna start storing their money in something that’s not federally insured (and crypto will never be).

This is not an honest argument. THere are millions of people with money invested in crypto. if they were gone tomorrow millions of people would be worse off.

Does it matter if your account is federally insured if the dollar is worthless?

America 1st

Founder
This is not an honest argument. THere are millions of people with money invested in crypto. if they were gone tomorrow millions of people would be worse off.

Does it matter if your account is federally insured if the dollar is worthless?
The dollar will never be worthless and it’s a completely legit argument to say cryptos have zero positives.

If all the capital were returned tomorrow and all those products disappeared the world would be a FAR better place.

Cryptos couldn’t even exist without the dollar because there would be no way to know what each coin is worth. Even now if someone gets on an exchange to go coin to coin that math and transaction is possible because they can track supposed value of of those coins back to dollars to make the conversion.

Without the stability of the dollar the world stops. You can have economic activity or functioning economies trying to operate using something like cryptos where the value changes 30% in a few hours. In fact people that argue otherwise are not making an honest argument and they know it.

Last edited:

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
The dollar will never be worthless and it’s a completely legit argument to say cryptos have zero positives.

If all the capital were returned tomorrow and all those products disappeared the world would be a FAR better place.

Cryptos could even exist without the dollar because there would be no way to know what each coin is worth. Even now if someone gets on an exchange to go coin to coin that math and transaction is possible because they can track supposed value of of those coins back to dollars to make the conversion.

Without the stability of the dollar the world stops. You can have economic activity or functioning economies trying to operate using something like cryptos where the value changes 30% in a few hours. In fact people that argue otherwise are not making an honest argument and they know it.
I agree with you 100%. At the moment the volatility is too high to be a full fledged, stable currency. However, Cryptos are theoretically in their infancy and it takes time to establish value and a market. Given 5-10 years I think you will see reduced volatility and deeper liquidity as market participants increase.

I don't think its unusual for a currency to be volatile during its infancy.

America 1st

Founder
I agree with you 100%. At the moment the volatility is too high to be a full fledged, stable currency. However, Cryptos are theoretically in their infancy and it takes time to establish value and a market. Given 5-10 years I think you will see reduced volatility and deeper liquidity as market participants increase.

I don't think its unusual for a currency to be volatile during its infancy.
They aren’t currencies.

Currencies are a medium of exchange that’s widely accepted.

Coins are not widely accepted and, most importantly, the medium of exchange is the dollar. BTC, ETH, ect have no value without the dollar as the medium of exchange.

America 1st

Founder
It’s time to make this illegal for everyone’s sake.

Taggart

Elite
Founder

giphy.gif

America 1st

Founder
"Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies have already sucked an insane amount of money from the real economy," said Bart Naylor, financial policy advocate at the consumer group Public Citizen. "Enabling more gambling under the banner of the SEC debases what’s supposed to be the gold standard of world securities markets oversight."

“To be sure, the SEC is expected to continue pursuing a crackdown on crypto exchanges and digital currency products, despite its comfort with Bitcoin futures. Gensler has warned that investors don't get enough information on how the market functions. He's calling on Congress to give regulators more power to rein in digital asset trading, lending and decentralized finance platforms.”

America 1st

Founder
Im just thinking about all those poor people that bought bitcoin. Thank God you were there to tell them not to.;)
Pore*

I’d feel bad about funding terrorism too if I were them.

That’s not even counting all those pore suckers who have lost money on it as funds and governments buy them up and manipulate it.

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
An hour and 16 minute video that is worth a watch. Larry Lepard a staunch Gold Bug/Sound Money/Ron Paul Guy/Money manger goes into why Bitcoin is good investment.

America 1st

Founder

America 1st

Founder

Scary that amount of money could be going towards terrorists without any mechanism to try to prevent it.

Also makes me hurt for for all the retired and working class folks with retirement accounts in the market. Just imagine how much better off those people would be if the capital in cryptos were in the market.

Makes me appreciate more and more everyday how right Trump was that all those products need regulated very very heavily.

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
Scary that amount of money could be going towards terrorists without any mechanism to try to prevent it.

Also makes me hurt for for all the retired and working class folks with retirement accounts in the market. Just imagine how much better off those people would be if the capital in cryptos were in the market.

Makes me appreciate more and more everyday how right Trump was that all those products need regulated very very heavily.
Today is the first time since 2013 I've bought Bitcoin. Developers have finally started creating wallets that fixed a lot of my concerns around how governments could regulate it and stop it. You raise a lot of concerns that should be talked about, but the same problems happen right now with fiat currency.

America 1st

Founder
Today is the first time since 2013 I've bought Bitcoin. Developers have finally started creating wallets that fixed a lot of my concerns around how governments could regulate it and stop it. You raise a lot of concerns that should be talked about, but the same problems happen right now with fiat currency.
State issued currencies attempt to those things and allow sovereign people to institute their own laws and norms.

Meanwhile as you just noted cryptos are designed to bypass sovereign people and their governments in an attempt to avoid law and order.

Top Bottom