Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Biblical Prophecy Thread

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
What all does the New Testament nullify?

Hard to see compatiblity between the bible and free will although I suppose a middle ground is plausible. Transcendence is an elixir

We are designed to sin. Jesus sacrificed for our salvation. There is still a best life to be lived via fidelity to truth

Timothy

Elite
The passage about the 144,000 intrigues me, because 10 of the original 12 tribes are "lost"

Only Judah and Benjamin returned from Babylon and their descendants comprise most of the Jews that exist today. If you search for the "10 lost tribes" you can find all kinds of opinions on this subject

Emma tenywa

Elite
The passage about the 144,000 intrigues me, because 10 of the original 12 tribes are "lost"

Only Judah and Benjamin returned from Babylon and their descendants comprise most of the Jews that exist today. If you search for the "10 lost tribes" you can find all kinds of opinions on this subject
The region fell into turmoil and people lost their identity

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder

They might be lost to you and I, but God would have no problem identifying them.

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
What all does the New Testament nullify?

Hard to see compatiblity between the bible and free will although I suppose a middle ground is plausible. Transcendence is an elixir

We are designed to sin. Jesus sacrificed for our salvation. There is still a best life to be lived via fidelity to truth
The Law had 3 parts:

1. Spiritual - the ten commandments and how to conduct our spiritual lives (commandments 1-5) and how to treat others (commandments 6-10)
  2. Governing - God as head of government and determine civil structure and process
  3. Ceremonial or Levitical - the ritual or sacrifices

Paul explains clearly in Hebrews that we have a new and sole high priest and the rituals and sacrifices that were responsibly of levitical priests is no longer according to Gods covenant as Jesus is the permanent, rather than temporal, sacrifice.

The spiritual law still persists. The OT law always pointed to Jesus.

The civic law is kept on pet by most judicial systems, but not in its entirety by most countries as they are not setup as Israel was.

Emma tenywa

Elite
The Law had 3 parts:

1. Spiritual - the ten commandments and how to conduct our spiritual lives (commandments 1-5) and how to treat others (commandments 6-10)
  2. Governing - God as head of government and determine civil structure and process
  3. Ceremonial or Levitical - the ritual or sacrifices

Paul explains clearly in Hebrews that we have a new and sole high priest and the rituals and sacrifices that were responsibly of levitical priests is no longer according to Gods covenant as Jesus is the permanent, rather than temporal, sacrifice.

The spiritual law still persists. The OT law always pointed to Jesus.

The civic law is kept on pet by most judicial systems, but not in its entirety by most countries as they are not setup as Israel was.
But why do some preachers say that the law was abolished in its entirety and now it's all about jesus

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
But why do some preachers say that the law was abolished in its entirety and now it's all about jesus
Why do some preachers teach any type of apostasy?

Ultimately, Jesus fulfilled the law and elevated it.

For instance, it's not just we are commanded to not murder anyone. Jesus states in Matthew 5:21-48 that it isn't enough not to murder someone, but if you even think about hating someone, you have committed murder in your heart. Same thing with looking at a woman with lust, being the same thing as committing adultery for people that are married.

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
Annnnnd we're back.

The cycle of world events seems to be accelerating, doesn't it? We move from chaos to chaos so rapidly in the 21st century. Granted, there have always been wars, famines, droughts, despair, and the like, but what we're seeing now is unprecedented.

When a butterfly farts in China, the whole world catches a cold.... or something like that. Our ability to spread our own agendas, manipulate entire populaces, and either advance or roll back centuries of democratic progress and institutional norms is breathtaking.

Technology has made the world a small place, and one that is more easily manipulated and cowed.

This is all to be expected. This sense that the world is speeding up - it's right on. As we read the end of world events written of in Daniel, Ezekiel, Zechariah, Malachi, the Gospels, Paul's Epistles, and Revelation, it's clear that the world ends in a rapid spiral to the bottom.

Tonight, I watched the farce of Dr. Strangelovian theatre that is the United Nations Security Council, wherein representatives of the leading countries in the world sat at one table to address bold, ludicrous, and deadly moves made by another country.... all while that very country presided over the meeting. The world is powerless, and man's institutions all result in naught.

This is how the world ends, folks. Man's worship of his own wisdom and structures will one day result in a world system that simply crumples under the will of a charismatic dictator. He will crush public uprising with an iron fist, beat breakaway provinces and nations into total submission, and operate in the public, UN-like bodies, with the suave over-confidence of a Bond villain played by Alexander the Great.

I'm talking about Antichrist. You're getting pictures of what he looks like now, glimpses of what he has always looked like when his spirit has risen in the world, embodied in lesser antichrists throughout history. Lesser antichrists? Yes, the book of I John says that the spirit of Antichrist is to come, but "in fact is already in the world."

If I asked you to name the godless mass murderers of history who might represent a lesser antichrist, I'm sure that even the atheists among us could come up with a solid list of half a dozen or more tyrants, each bent on domination, conquest, and the sacrifice of life to achieve it.

Putin is not him.

The Antichrist will come from obscurity, will rise quickly, and deceive many.

Putin is far too obvious a tyrant, and he lacks the charisma Antichrist is prophesied to possess.

So, if Putin's not Antichrist, what is he? What does he represent?

We'll talk about that next...

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
Before I go on, I need to expound a bit more on what I just wrote.

I just said that Putin is not The Antichrist. Of course, I'm not God, and so he absolutely could be - it's just highly unlikely. Putin's speech today is a great example of why he is almost certainly not the Antichrist. The entire world fact-checked Putin as he spoke, calling out lie after lie after reshaped and fabricated history.

Think about how rare this is in the world today - for several minutes, the overwhelming majority of THE ENTIRE WORLD actually agreed about the basis of truth. We all recognized Putin as the gaslighting liar that he is, and saw right through his flimsy motives. The Left, the Right, the Middle - it appears that it takes a Putin speech to unite the world in mockery.

When the Antichrist speaks, the world's response will be far different. The overwhelming majority of the entire world will fawn. I am going to use some contemporary examples of similar responses below to illustrate the world's future response to Antichrist - IN NO WAY AM I STATING THAT ANY OF THESE PEOPLE ARE THE ANTICHRIST OR REPRESENT THE TOTAL SUM OF EVIL INCARNATE IN THE WORLD THE WAY HE WILL.

Antichrist will:
  • Be celebrated wrongly as a man of peace to a far greater degree than this century's "man of peace," Barack Obama, who was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for absolutely nothing. Instead, he will reveal himself as history's ultimate man of war and conquest.
  • Be dazzling in speech and charisma, being full of deceit. Think of Hitler - "The man gave off such a charisma that people believed whatever he said," says Emil Klein, who heard Hitler speak in the 1920s."
  • Be supported by a shadowy religious figure who demands obedience. Think of the reverence shown Fauci and Gates during this pandemic, but magnified.
  • Be a master on the world political stage - some blend of Churchill, Gandhi, Thatcher and Franklin.
  • Be a dominant military leader willing to play by the dirtiest of self-serving rules - Genghis Khan, Alexander, Stalin, Hitler, Nebuchadnezzar on steroids.
The world will be deceived.

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
Putin - what is he, then?

Honestly, who's to say? Hopefully, he turns out to be nothing more than a minor historical despot, and his escapades don't end up bearing the rotten fruit of widespread, continental death and destruction.

There will be a leader, one day, possibly from Russia, who will lead his armies out for conquest and annihilation, but rather than heading west to Ukraine, he'll head south to Israel, and gather allies to meet him there. What he finds when he reaches Israel will indeed be death and destruction - his own, that is.

I'm going to do some bulk pasting of Scripture right now, and I urge you to read this, even if you don't believe in the Bible, because it lines up with so much of the world today. To Buzzfeed this, you won't believe what God has to say about the future in the book of Ezekiel.

We're going to be in Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39, which predict an end of ages cataclysmic war against Israel that ends in epic failure for the attackers. This section of the Bible is famously referred to as the War of Gog and Magog. For context, Ezekiel was an Israelite prophet who lived in captivity in Babylon. This book was written almost 2,600 years ago.

If you want to know more about the book of Ezekiel, I recommend the wonderful cartoon illustrations put out by my fellow Oregonians at The Bible Project. See below for these brief, informative and incredibly entertaining overviews.

Now, to Ezekiel Chapter 38. This chapter starts out with Ezekiel saying "The word of the Lord came to me:" What follows after the colon, beginning with "Son of man, set your face..." is God speaking in first person. Ezekiel is writing the words of God Himself directed to somebody named "Gog" who lives in the land of "Magog."

Read this short passage below, and then we'll discuss.

"The word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, set your face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him and say, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. And I will turn you about and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you out, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in full armor, a great host, all of them with buckler and shield, wielding swords. Persia, Cush, and Put are with them, all of them with shield and helmet; Gomer and all his hordes; Beth-togarmah from the uttermost parts of the north with all his hordes—many peoples are with you.

Be ready and keep ready, you and all your hosts that are assembled about you, and be a guard for them. After many days you will be mustered. In the latter years you will go against the land that is restored from war, the land whose people were gathered from many peoples upon the mountains of Israel, which had been a continual waste. Its people were brought out from the peoples and now dwell securely, all of them. You will advance, coming on like a storm. You will be like a cloud covering the land, you and all your hordes, and many peoples with you.

“Thus says the Lord God: On that day, thoughts will come into your mind, and you will devise an evil scheme and say, ‘I will go up against the land of unwalled villages. I will fall upon the quiet people who dwell securely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having no bars or gates,’ to seize spoil and carry off plunder, to turn your hand against the waste places that are now inhabited, and the people who were gathered from the nations, who have acquired livestock and goods, who dwell at the center of the earth. Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all its leaders will say to you, ‘Have you come to seize spoil? Have you assembled your hosts to carry off plunder, to carry away silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods, to seize great spoil?’

Therefore, son of man, prophesy, and say to Gog, Thus says the Lord God: On that day when my people Israel are dwelling securely, will you not know it? You will come from your place out of the uttermost parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great host, a mighty army. You will come up against my people Israel, like a cloud covering the land. In the latter days I will bring you against my land, that the nations may know me, when through you, O Gog, I vindicate my holiness before their eyes."
[Ezekiel 38:1-16, English Standard Version]

Make sense? OK, great. We'll wrap this up, then. We'll be here all week - be sure to tip your waitress.

On second thought, we ought to tease this apart. There's a lot here.

Due to post length limitations, we'll get to that right away on the next post.

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
We're picking up with the above post regarding Ezekiel 38. Read the passage in the last post if you missed it.

1. What's Going On In This Passage?

Well, there's a war - it looks as if God Himself is going to allow somebody named Gog to lead a coalition of armies to fight against another nation, which we'll quickly see is Israel.

2. Who's Fighting Against Whom?

We'll lay out all the players that are mentioned in this text.

Gog Coalition Members
- Magog
- Meshech
- Tubal
- Persia
- Put
- Cush
- Gomer
- Beth-Togarmah

VERSUS

Israel

Outraged Bystanders and Onlookers

- Sheba
- Dedan
- The merchants of Tarshish and all its leaders

3. When does this happen?

This part should blow your mind, and if you're an atheist or agnostic, I hope this gives you a little pause to reconsider the Bible's claims. Remember, Ezekiel is writing this from exile in Babylon. His nation has been DEVASTATED by the greatest conquering force the world had seen to date, and yet he had the nerve to write the bizarrely accurate claims below.

"After many days you will be mustered. In the latter years you will go against the land that is restored from war, the land whose people were gathered from many peoples upon the mountains of Israel, which had been a continual waste. Its people were brought out from the peoples and now dwell securely, all of them....

On that day, thoughts will come into your mind, and you will devise an evil scheme and say, ‘I will go up against the land of unwalled villages. I will fall upon the quiet people who dwell securely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having no bars or gates,’ to seize spoil and carry off plunder, to turn your hand against the waste places that are now inhabited, and the people who were gathered from the nations, who have acquired livestock and goods, who dwell at the center of the earth."

Ezekiel saw that "in the latter years," meaning towards the end of time, the people of Israel will have been scattered among "many peoples" and brought back to a land that "had been a continual waste." He also saw that the land is "now inhabited," and that the people had become wealthy, having "acquired livestock and goods."

Even the most revisionist, non-spiritual interpreter of the Bible has to do linguistic and metaphorical contortions to avoid the clear message presented here - Ezekiel predicted that the Jewish people would be scattered around the world, that their land would be left as a waste, and then somehow, miraculously, they would return to the land - and they would be wealthy!

That, my friends, is exactly what has happened. This is no Nostradamus nonsense that could be interpreted sixty different ways.

Ezekiel nailed it. No other spiritual or religious text man has ever devised has come close to making a claim 2,600 years into the future - and gotten it right. Spend time in the Bible, and you'll find that it's FULL of claims like this.

This is why we're so interested in future prophecy - because the Bible's batting average is 1.000 to date. What comes next will also come to pass.

So, this war takes place after the people of Israel have returned to the land from being scattered among "the peoples," and after the land has been left "a continual waste." This pre-condition of the war was met only in 1948, after Israel became a nation after ~1900 years of non-existence.

There's another condition, though, which is that the people live in safety - "all of them dwelling without walls, and having no bars or gates." We need to think about this. There are a few different ways to consider this.

The first two points below could be made by somebody who thinks the war of Gog and Magog is imminent, and that the people of Israel currently live in the safety prophesied by Isaiah:
  • Israel has faced down multiple foreign invasion threats over the past 70 years, and its people live in safe confidence, having seen that their military, intelligence, and missile defense systems can handle anything that has been thrown their way to date.
  • The Kushner/Trump Abraham Accords have given Israel regional security that is unprecedented in its history.
  • There are indeed walls and gates on certain borders and at the edges of the West Bank and Gaza Strip, but inside Israel, people move freely and enjoy tremendous prosperity, on average.
There are many who believe that the current security situation in Israel is not as secure as it will be one day. Those people might argue the following:
  • There may be a peaceful reconciliation between Jews and Palestinians which will result in a unified country with no walls.
  • Even more countries will sign peace accords with Israel, giving it further regional security.
  • The Antichrist himself may help Israel one day realize both of these dreams of peace, as he is prophesied to one day guarantee a seven year peace arrangement between Israel and many nations (which he breaks to install himself as dictator-god).
Either way, this massive war comes after Israel is back in the land and is prosperous and safe. Historically speaking, Israel is safer than it has ever been, and it is certainly wealthy. Just this week, I saw that two of the top 10 cities for AirBNB owners are Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. The tech and biotech innovations out of Israel right now are second to none, and the world is being blessed greatly by the brilliance of Israel's citizens.

At a certain point in future history, a Magog coalition member countries will get a bit tired of Israeli prosperity, and come to claim it for themselves. We'll sort out those countries and see who we can identify in modern terms in the next post.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
Couple observations from someone who is not as scholarly as you.

Seems to me Israel 🇮🇱 is the root of he problems since they’re always at the center of the end of the world as we know it? (Just being a little sarcastic:)

The second video at the end makes sure the listener doesn’t take things too literal as Ezekiel didn’t reference Jerusalem and other places.
The video also inferred the cycle of life by mentioning the stream into the Dead Sea. To me there’s enough evidence there have been prior civilizations we didn’t know existed, the video is talking about a reboot which gnostic texts refer to us being in a simulation.

Are you trying to read the tea leaves and keep score of this cycles reboot?

EXECFRT

Elite
Founder
So, I'm extremely lost. Wasn't something said in the Dances thread regarding Russia and Ukraine that Ezekiel 37-38 just happened. Isn't that what kicked this conversation off, nothing about Israel?

AC2021

Legendary
Founder
So, I'm extremely lost. Wasn't something said in the Dances thread regarding Russia and Ukraine that Ezekiel 37-38 just happened. Isn't that what kicked this conversation off, nothing about Israel?
The mention of Ezekiel's prophecy was in response to this comment in the fraqqle thread by @Joe Kings: "Russia is getting tough on Israel now over Syria and Iran. Syria was the 1st country to recognize Donetsk and Luhansk. Which will now tie and will lead to Israel."

Russia and their coalition will some day attempt to invade Israel. (Could we be in the verge of this action in the next several months or years?)

I believe after this is when we'll see the rise of the Antichrist.

Last edited:

LVRebel

GIF specialist
Founder
Good stuff guys. Following, and agree with what's being said here. I've studied bible prophecy in the past, but not as much in recent years. Though no one knows the day or the time of such things to take place, we'll see the signs pointing towards it.

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
Couple observations from someone who is not as scholarly as you.

Seems to me Israel 🇮🇱 is the root of he problems since they’re always at the center of the end of the world as we know it? (Just being a little sarcastic:)

The second video at the end makes sure the listener doesn’t take things too literal as Ezekiel didn’t reference Jerusalem and other places.
The video also inferred the cycle of life by mentioning the stream into the Dead Sea. To me there’s enough evidence there have been prior civilizations we didn’t know existed, the video is talking about a reboot which gnostic texts refer to us being in a simulation.

Are you trying to read the tea leaves and keep score of this cycles reboot?

A couple of thoughts here - the authors of those videos definitely take a more symbolic interpretive stance regarding these passages. I take an "and" rather than "either" approach, meaning that I do believe that there will be a physical king and kingdom who attack physical Israel, and that he will do it with physical allies. This doesn't just take place as a spiritual archetype, though he certainly represents the spiritual death, defiance, and march against God's leadership that has been present throughout human history.

For a long part of church history, many people simply assumed that all of the prophecies relating to Israel's future had to be metaphorical, because there's just no way that Israel would ever be re-established back in the land in a physical sense. However, God accomplished exactly what He said He would do, and He brought Israel back from the dead.

As to your questions regarding gnostic texts - I'm no scholar in those, nor are they viewed as Scripture by the Church. There may be some truth in them, but I think it best to look at the Scripture we do have in front of us, and read and do what it says.

Regarding the concept of "cycles," however, yes, the Bible clearly speaks of one cycle - that of Creation, the rebellion of man, the sacrifice of Jesus, and the new Creation that makes all things right again. The cycle is this - the world was once entirely under the authority of God, and it once again will be.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
A couple of thoughts here - the authors of those videos definitely take a more symbolic interpretive stance regarding these passages. I take an "and" rather than "either" approach, meaning that I do believe that there will be a physical king and kingdom who attack physical Israel, and that he will do it with physical allies. This doesn't just take place as a spiritual archetype, though he certainly represents the spiritual death, defiance, and march against God's leadership that has been present throughout human history.

For a long part of church history, many people simply assumed that all of the prophecies relating to Israel's future had to be metaphorical, because there's just no way that Israel would ever be re-established back in the land in a physical sense. However, God accomplished exactly what He said He would do, and He brought Israel back from the dead.

As to your questions regarding gnostic texts - I'm no scholar in those, nor are they viewed as Scripture by the Church. There may be some truth in them, but I think it best to look at the Scripture we do have in front of us, and read and do what it says.

Regarding the concept of "cycles," however, yes, the Bible clearly speaks of one cycle - that of Creation, the rebellion of man, the sacrifice of Jesus, and the new Creation that makes all things right again. The cycle is this - the world was once entirely under the authority of God, and it once again will be.
Haven't had time to watch the videos, but my thoughts re: Gog & Magog.

Gog & Magog are mentioned here, and also in Rev. 20:8. I don't think those names being mentioned in Rev. are just happenstance or just as names symbolic of the lost world. I believe although they're men, or at least Gog will be, what they truly are is evil spirits, princes in Satan's kingdom. Vladimir Putin may well be the man embodied in Ezekiel 38, but it won't be Putin at least 1007 years later that will be with Satan in one last attempt to invade the holy city at the final war before the end of time.

When Daniel was praying for 3 weeks, the angel that finally delivered the message to him told him that he'd been fighting those 3 weeks with the Prince of Persia, and later mentions the return of the Prince of Greece. He was fighting evil angelic beings. When Ezek. 38:2 refers to Gog as a Prince, it appears scripture isn't just referring to Putin or some other world leader, the text is almost certainly referring to the spiritual entity that will embolden, inhabit, or at the least, influence that world leader, a "prince" in the same context as the angel spoke of to Daniel.

We think of Putin, or Erdogan, or some other world leader as being Gog, but in reality, I believe it's clear they're nothing more than a vessel. The true evil - ostensibly - in command are the beings that possess them. I caveat that "command" because as Ezekiel tells us, God will put a hook in the nose and draw this army south.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
So, who are these countries who are involved in this epic war? As a reminder, the text mentions the following nations:

Gog Coalition Members
- Magog
- Meshech
- Tubal
- Persia
- Put
- Cush
- Gomer
- Beth-Togarmah

VERSUS

Israel

Outraged Bystanders and Onlookers

- Sheba
- Dedan
- The merchants of Tarshish and all its leaders

There are a couple that are easy. Israel is clearly, well, Israel, and Persia is modern-day Iran. What about the rest? Well, you can go and dig for years on some of these, and you'll end up with a handful of educated guesses. The research, etymology, histories, etc., behind all of these is so broad that it's way beyond the scope of what we're trying to do here.

I'll share what appear to be likely potential answers, and you'll see that what's going to matter most for us is not so much nailing down in advance which particular nations are involved, but the situation Israel is in when they attack. When this attack actually does happen, it will be remarkably clear, and all of this speculation will make sense.

Put - the area around modern Libya
Cush - the area around modern Sudan
Gomer & Beth-Togarmah - there is a LOT of speculation here, and both of these names are mentioned and identified by ancient historians, including Herodotus and Josephus. They likely represent peoples from the area around modern Turkey and Armenia, though some implicate the Germans in this as well.
Magog, Meshech, Tubal - again, more speculation, but the region of Russia and the "-stan" countries of the former Soviet Union are routinely considered as logical choices here.

Making matters more interesting is the slight interpretation question that rises from the word interpreted as "chief" in verse 1:

"the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal"

That word, in English is "Rosh." Some Bible interpretations list the verse as shown above, while others recognize that the word could be used either as the common noun for "chief" or as a proper name. Thus, many render the verse as:

"prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal"

Even versions that favor the "chief" interpretation may offer a footnote explaining the alternate interpretation.

Of course, with Rosh being used as a proper noun, that throws even more weight behind the idea that Rosh is modern day Russia.

One last group is mentioned. There are some nations that seem to be outraged (or at least feigning outrage), questioning why this coalition would dare invade and attack Israel. Those nations are:

Sheba & Dedan - modern Saudi Arabia
The merchants of Tarshish and all its leaders - western Europe and nations descended from it

So, it looks like Israel might one day face an attack from enemies to its north, south, east and west, coming at it from all angles all at once, and that a few nearby nations and the West will protest against it (but not stop it).

As I said before, many of these country names, as researched as they are, aren't entirely certain. See this map below to get a sense of what such an invasion might look like.

Russiamap.jpg

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
Haven't had time to watch the videos, but my thoughts re: Gog & Magog.

Gog & Magog are mentioned here, and also in Rev. 20:8. I don't think those names being mentioned in Rev. are just happenstance or just as names symbolic of the lost world. I believe although they're men, or at least Gog will be, what they truly are is evil spirits, princes in Satan's kingdom. Vladimir Putin may well be the man embodied in Ezekiel 38, but it won't be Putin at least 1007 years later that will be with Satan in one last attempt to invade the holy city at the final war before the end of time.

When Daniel was praying for 3 weeks, the angel that finally delivered the message to him told him that he'd been fighting those 3 weeks with the Prince of Persia, and later mentions the return of the Prince of Greece. He was fighting evil angelic beings. When Ezek. 38:2 refers to Gog as a Prince, it appears scripture isn't just referring to Putin or some other world leader, the text is almost certainly referring to the spiritual entity that will embolden, inhabit, or at the least, influence that world leader, a "prince" in the same context as the angel spoke of to Daniel.

We think of Putin, or Erdogan, or some other world leader as being Gog, but in reality, I believe it's clear they're nothing more than a vessel. The true evil - ostensibly - in command are the beings that possess them. I caveat that "command" because as Ezekiel tells us, God will put a hook in the nose and draw this army south.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
And the way to fight this type of demonic possession is done in one way only. What is a prince by definition? A son, correct?

Jesus Heals a Boy with an Unclean Spirit​

14 And when they came to the disciples, they saw a great crowd around them, and scribes arguing with them. 15 And immediately all the crowd, when they saw him, were greatly amazed and ran up to him and greeted him. 16 And he asked them, “What are you arguing about with them?” 17 And someone from the crowd answered him, “Teacher, I brought my son to you, for he has a spirit that makes him mute. 18 And whenever it seizes him, it throws him down, and he foams and grinds his teeth and becomes rigid. So I asked your disciples to cast it out, and they were not able.” 19 And he answered them, “O faithless generation, how long am I to be with you? How long am I to bear with you? Bring him to me.” 20 And they brought the boy to him. And when the spirit saw him, immediately it convulsed the boy, and he fell on the ground and rolled about, foaming at the mouth. 21 And Jesus asked his father, “How long has this been happening to him?” And he said, “From childhood. 22 And it has often cast him into fire and into water, to destroy him. But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.” 23 And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.” 24 Immediately the father of the child cried out[d] and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!” 25 And when Jesus saw that a crowd came running together, he rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “You mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.” 26 And after crying out and convulsing him terribly, it came out, and the boy was like a corpse, so that most of them said, “He is dead.” 27 But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose. 28 And when he had entered the house, his disciples asked him privately, “Why could we not cast it out?” 29 And he said to them, “This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.”[e]

Combine this with Ephesians 6:

The Whole Armor of God​

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

Prayer is our weapon. Nothing else will win.

Latest posts

Top Bottom