Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Are you excited about the CFP expanding to 12 teams? (Poll)

Is CFP expansion good?

• Yes

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
The big question is how many slots will be set aside for the SEC and B1G and how many will be left for the others?

Assume the SEC gets 4 slots, UT and OU likely won't win enough to get one with UA, UGA, FL, LSU, Tenn, a rising Arky and Auburn, Ole Miss and 1 or 2 more looking in. Not to mention the shit show Jimbo has in Collieville assuming he has a team to field with all the portal player and NFL defections.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
No….if they are agreeing to 12 the real number should be 24.

Wanna make “bowl games” more exciting and up participation……let 24 teams into a playoff. 24 teams will have something to play for and get more exposure.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder

Wanna make “bowl games” more exciting and up participation……let 24 teams into a playoff. 24 teams will have something to play for and get more exposure.
I was thinking 16.

OTD Sports

Elite

Talk about a good way to make regular season games not matter.

BurntJ

Founder
I was thinking 16.
16 would be fine BUT I would go to 24-32 (let them figure out the f they wanna give too seeds a buy week) and get more teams involved and keep players playing.

I bought a package last year to get (Peach Bowl 21, UGA vs Oregon kickoff 9/22, and Peach Bowl Playoff tix 22) and sold my 2021 Peach Bole tix for $22 and I have to eat the $3 service fee BC Pitt had Pickett opt out and Mich St had Walker opt out.

If those 2 player Both fanbases would have traveled and game would have been good and worth while….instead 2 top 10 teams and NO ONE cared.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

A local sports guy said 20 or so years ago they should institute a playoff system (before a playoff came about) where the preliminary games would be played in the lesser bowls leading up to the last couple of games in the Rose, Cotton, Orange, and Sugar bowls. He said it would be a colossal money maker and wouldn't extend the season more than a week or so.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
The more the merrier so there are no excuses when Sark's dynasty begins next season. 4. 12. 16. 32. It don't make a shit.

BurntJ

Founder
A local sports guy said 20 or so years ago they should institute a playoff system (before a playoff came about) where the preliminary games would be played in the lesser bowls leading up to the last couple of games in the Rose, Cotton, Orange, and Sugar bowls. He said it would be a colossal money maker and wouldn't extend the season more than a week or so.
This is it.,.. Players will play….more teams with opportunities….more exposure…..WIN WIN if there ever was..

If people watch bowl season then get back to me. Boring games with stars opting out.👎 (but controversy sells…..still having Bama/UGA win SEC titles and the other won the Natty is really stupid. Also eliminates the whining about not being picked (if you aren’t top 20-24, 🤣🤷‍♂️)…

Just win baby and it’ll all work out.

BurntJ

Founder
You pair this with Super Conference(s) with Relegation. Each pod would an even split of top teams. Make everyone play each other then have a big tourney!

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Absolutely. If these kids are going to get paid then we need to get our moneys worth. You know most of the high draft picks are going to skip the playoffs for the draft so those other guys are going to have to step up perform.

It's business and more games = more money.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Absolutely. If these kids are going to get paid then we need to get our moneys worth. You know most of the high draft picks are going to skip the playoffs for the draft so those other guys are going to have to step up perform.

It's business and more games = more money.
As you said, if the playoffs were expanded to include 1st and 2nd round games in lesser bowls with quarterfinals at Peach, Gator, Alamo and others of this import then everyone would march off to their banks. You'd also see fewer players opting out if they had a chance at winning a natty. The costly part would be having teams at bowl locales the entire week (they couldn't and have quality practices) and the cost to fans traveling all over the country with only a week to make reservations and travel arrangements.

Could you see a team going to Shreveport for the 1st round, then Jacksonville for the quarterfinals, then to Phoenix for the semis and back to Miami for the championship game? Quite costly for teams and fans. This is with a 16 team playoff. The other bowls left out could grab those teams that didn't make the field and play those games like now.

What the sports guy said in my post above was it could generate $250 million and that was 20 years ago.

BurntJ

Founder
It already wouldn’t matter when Alabama could lose 2 games every year and he guaranteed a spot.
Like this year huh…..

Remember when I told this Alabama rebuild was a POS before the season. Congrats on yore POS. Best offensive and defensive player and you barely escaped a 5 loss season……🤣🤣🤣🤣

Top Bottom