Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Any of you gents in Civic Organizations?

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
I unplugged for a couple weeks. Politics and anything "reported" on in the macro world is largely agitating to me, and ain't nobody got time for that.

But I have been pondering what it takes to mitigate the damage of the horde now in power and how to lay the foundation for long term change.

An emphasis on Local involvement is one key, IMO. Personal contact, personal connections, conversations, volunteering time, engaging in Civic Orgs, and paying particularly close attention to local (city and state) elections.

It all rolls up from those. You want to change the macro/Fed level of society, it starts in your neighborhood, your school board election, your local city council election, you state rep and senator. They'll be MUCH easier to influence than a Fed level official.

Back to my original question, anybody an active member in any Civic, Fraternal, or Religious organizations? Lion's Club, Rotarians, Optimists, Knights of Columbus, Shriners, Masons, Meet Up chapters, etc.

Quatch$

Elite
I unplugged for a couple weeks. Politics and anything "reported" on in the macro world is largely agitating to me, and ain't nobody got time for that.

But I have been pondering what it takes to mitigate the damage of the horde now in power and how to lay the foundation for long term change.

An emphasis on Local involvement is one key, IMO. Personal contact, personal connections, conversations, volunteering time, engaging in Civic Orgs, and paying particularly close attention to local (city and state) elections.

It all rolls up from those. You want to change the macro/Fed level of society, it starts in your neighborhood, your school board election, your local city council election, you state rep and senator. They'll be MUCH easier to influence than a Fed level official.

Back to my original question, anybody an active member in any Civic, Fraternal, or Religious organizations? Lion's Club, Rotarians, Optimists, Knights of Columbus, Shriners, Masons, Meet Up chapters, etc.
Nice try Joe

Dickheat

Poster
I am on the board of a large city United Way. I have done my part to curtail the Marxist takeover in my own little ways.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’m a Freemason. Also a member of The Grand College of Rites.

Glad to see you back on here!

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
KOC here. Not active since my house burned down two yrs ago. Just have too much of my own shit to get done. I need to get back at it i suppose

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
KOC here. Not active since my house burned down two yrs ago. Just have too much of my own shit to get done. I need to get back at it i suppose
Sorry for your loss.....I still remember that being posted. 🙏🙏🙏 scent!!

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Sorry for your loss.....I still remember that being posted. 🙏🙏🙏 scent!!
Thanks man. Ive gotten over most of it. Still blows not having any of my stuff from growing up and my pooch. But i live in a nice place and am just about out of debt so whatcha gonna do?

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Thanks man. Ive gotten over most of it. Still blows not having any of my stuff from growing up and my pooch. But i live in a nice place and am just about out of debt so whatcha gonna do?
I followed your story closely and have thought about you and your dog many times. (Hate to say it BUT it has helped serve a constant reminder that tomorrow is never guaranteed....)

Top Bottom