Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I havent articulated it before but was this exact premise about a yr ago hiking w my dog on the palmetto trail. And i am not that bright a fella either
It is super interesting to me. His stance in the video makes a lot of sense

Alpha_Cock

A Real A Hole
Founder
Perceptual Predictions is about as much as I got out of this. I'm a terrible listener and I predict what people are saying to me as the words are coming out of their mouths. If it is completely unpredicted, I have to get them to say it again or explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old.

Speaking of 5 year olds, they have not developed enough experiences to predict the perceptions they see. So, their reactions are slower or nonexistent as their brains learn what they are perceiving and how they need to react.

Sometimes these Ted Talks just don't do anything for me because they jabber on without a moral or resolution that can be helpful to little ole me. But, this one was interdasting. Thanks.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Perceptual Predictions is about as much as I got out of this. I'm a terrible listener and I predict what people are saying to me as the words are coming out of their mouths. If it is completely unpredicted, I have to get them to say it again or explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old.

Speaking of 5 year olds, they have not developed enough experiences to predict the perceptions they see. So, their reactions are slower or nonexistent as their brains learn what they are perceiving and how they need to react.

Sometimes these Ted Talks just don't do anything for me because they jabber on without a moral or resolution that can be helpful to little ole me. But, this one was interdasting. Thanks.
I have a super hard time concentrating on stuff like this as well as paying attention to what people say to me.

To me one of the big take away is that our minds have not evolved to be objective. We have evolved to survive and our brain is constantly influencing our perceptions (i.e. hallucinating) to protect us - we are just made that way.

But even if you just think about "vision". What we see is not objective reality - it is just our brains interpretation of reflected light

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I have a super hard time concentrating on stuff like this as well as paying attention to what people say to me.

To me one of the big take away is that our minds have not evolved to be objective. We have evolved to survive and our brain is constantly influencing our perceptions (i.e. hallucinating) to protect us - we are just made that way.

But even if you just think about "vision". What we see is not objective reality - it is just our brains interpretation of reflected light
People hear and see what they want. That way their internal rhythm doesnt get upset at the chaos

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
People hear and see what they want. That way their internal rhythm doesnt get upset at the chaos
Yeah there is a book on here I've mentioned before called "Prometheus Rising"

One of the ideas he jumps on very early in the book is: "What the thinker thinks, the prover proves" (The thinker and prover both being aspects of the brain)

I basically learned how to brainwash myself from that book

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
@Croot_Overlord
The reason i was able to be as bad as i was as a kid was specifically correlated to peoples lack of situational awareness. People won t believe their own eyes and ears if it is upsetting to their ego
LOL you say you are not too bright but that is pretty brilliant right there.

I have always had a major struggle with self consciousness so I feel really uncomfortable actually acting out "non comformist" behavior

But when it comes to thinking, sharing and talking ideas I can clean slate my brain pretty well

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder

Not only is it just reflected light, but we are also always living in the past because it takes time for our brain to process that information.

I wonder what someone like Elon Musk is like. He's always been forward thinking and pushing boundaries that would scare most people. I wonder if his brain has an imbalance of some sort where his brain doesn't focus on the survival thought as much and can focus on being objective and trying to create rather than survive. Combine that with a high IQ and the possibilities are endless.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Not only is it just reflected light, but we are also always living in the past because it takes time for our brain to process that information.

I wonder what someone like Elon Musk is like. He's always been forward thinking and pushing boundaries that would scare most people. I wonder if his brain has an imbalance of some sort where his brain doesn't focus on the survival thought as much and can focus on being objective and trying to create rather than survive. Combine that with a high IQ and the possibilities are endless.
Damn dude, I've never really thought much about living in the past.

The time trip I like to think about is considering that time doesn't exist and there is only eternity. It really is the truth, but we sure don't perceive it that way.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Damn dude, I've never really thought much about living in the past.

The time trip I like to think about is considering that time doesn't exist and there is only eternity. It really is the truth, but we sure don't perceive it that way.
E=MC² proves that we all have a 'spirit' or 'soul' that will carry on after our death IMO.

Energy can't be destroyed. The energy from our physical bodies, specifically the brain, goes somewhere.

Last edited:

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
E=MC² proves that we all have a 'spirit' or 'soul' that will carry on after our death IMO.

Energy can't destroyed. The energy from our physical bodies, specifically the brain, goes somewhere.
I have been thinking about that some recently. That equation really is mind blowing

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

Energy can't be destroyed. The energy from our physical bodies, specifically the brain, goes somewhere.
Yes I concur. But I would think energy could be manipulated, amplified, or otherwise stimulated/suppressed.
Lets do blankets first though. None of us save them all. It is a shitty game.

Top Bottom