Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yesterday I watched Billy Madison for the first time in my life

pleaseclap

Poster
Founder
It was ok I guess. Sandler definitely honed his schtick with experience. I think if I would have seen that before all of the Happy Madison Productions movies, I would've found it a lot funnier.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
As a guy that grew up on Caddy Shack, Stripes and Animal House, never watched an AS movie all the way through. Never seen Billy Madison.

The issue I have with the more modern comedies by AS and Jim Carrey, is they have outlandish characters that try and carry an entire movie. I always felt that type of character was best used in a bit role. Carl Spackler is a perfect example. BM was great in that role but didn't have to carry the movie. In fact, he ad-libed about 90% of his lines and shot all of his scenes in single week.

I just get bored with wacky characters for 90 minutes or more.

Let the abuse begin.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
As a guy that grew up on Caddy Shack, Stripes and Animal House, never watched an AS movie all the way through. Never seen Billy Madison.

The issue I have with the more modern comedies by AS and Jim Carrey, is they have outlandish characters that try and carry an entire movie. I always felt that type of character was best used in a bit role. Carl Spackler is a perfect example. BM was great in that role but didn't have to carry the movie. In fact, he ad-libed about 90% of his lines and shot all of his scenes in single week.

Let the abuse begin.
You’re fine. I’m just pissed we will never see movies like Blazing Saddles or Airplane ever again.

Spc311

Poster

Let the abuse begin.
Bill Murray is, by far, the worst part of Caddy Shack

Oklahoma

Poster

Let the abuse begin.

who the fuck invited syskels and ebert?

Wait What

Elite
Founder
Bill Murray is, by far, the worst part of Caddy Shack
tenor.gif

Top Bottom