Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why do I have to take a damn test to get gas these days?

PleasureMoose

Legendary
In 2 years:

Please enter your VIN.
Please provide your insurance policy number.
What is your mother’s maiden name?
What is your dads social security number?
What is your favorite food?
in 5 years:

Please enter blood type
What is your race?
What is your pronoun?
Please enter Vax ID number

No vax Id number... guess you're not getting fuel to get to work

MrNonSequitur

Poster
Yep there is another one
Yeah, it's been bad for many years. I remember this one station in the 90s would ask if you wanted a hot dog/coke combo.

Best Buy for a while required their cashiers to get your zip, phone number and then ask if you want some magazine subscriptions (pretty random)....and you had to choose from this catalog with 6 people waiting in line behind you. I would simply ask "can I just pay for this?"

BigBucnNole

Elite
Yeah, it's been bad for many years. I remember this one station in the 90s would ask if you wanted a hot dog/coke combo.

Best Buy for a while required their cashiers to get your zip, phone number and then ask if you want some magazine subscriptions (pretty random)....and you had to choose from this catalog with 6 people waiting in line behind you. I would simply ask "can I just pay for this?"

It's like a cheap buck off surveys and then you get the riff raff. At FSU there was governors square mall and they seemed to get kinda ghetto around fame homecoming but was by and large okay.

Then a couple years ago we went back to check it out and they had a survey biz surrounded in bullet proof glass. They'd pay like 50 bucks for a couple hundred surveys lol.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Do you have a shell credit card?
Are you a member of shell rewards?
Do you want fuel cleaner put in?
Debit or credit?
Enter your zip code?
Would you like a receipt?
Which gas you want?
Yeah, screw that shit - they are trying to data mine every frigging thing on the planet. I just push my card in and enter my pin and it over-rides all that shit.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Yeah, screw that shit - they are trying to data mine every frigging thing on the planet. I just push my card in and enter my pin and it over-rides all that shit.
I think thats what happens for me also, because i don't have to answer all those questions like @croot_lord. Not sure if its just that i don't usually go to Shell or maybe another reason. But usually I just start by putting in my card and then zip code and thats it.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

I always tell them mr. X
ZIP 99999
PHONE 843 9999999
Lowes home depot or anywhere else

Top Bottom