Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who remembers 3 Wheelers?

AgEngDawg

Legendary
View attachment 216784

I grew up with them, and still love them. By far the best thing to ride around in the woods.

By the time I was old enough, they were known as killers and were not allowed.

I had one of these bad boys back in 1988. I rolled on 4, not three.

1988_honda_trx300_fourtrax_0.jpg

Had dirt bikes. First time on a three wheeler, I ran over my foot. Didn't hurt it but that's why they said they quit making them.
That was a danger, for sure, I have ran over my foot several times in the woods. But man do they turn tight.

I miss mine. Tryed to get the wife to let me convert one we have into a 3 wheeler, maybe when she dies.....HAHAHA.

For real, they did and do have have some engineering challenges. Funny, I have 2 2014 Honda Recons, and from the engine back, is nearly identical to what it was 30 years ago.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
We rode 3 wheelers forever but they were dangerous. I have a 1999 Polaris 400 automatic. I've never been able to top it out. I get too scared when I hit around 70. I have people trying to buy it all the time. I never ride it anymore bc I don't have a farm any more. I keep my toys

Last edited:

Joe King

Elite
What about these 3 wheelers called Mud Bug? Were these the original 3 wheelers?

Had an adjustable frame and even had a front ski and luggage rack option. Small enough to haul in your station wagon.

sMTD1973MudBug6.jpg

sMTD1972MudBug2.jpg

Top Bottom