Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who no longer sees themselves as a Republican and why?

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
I am very displeased with the splintered Republican party that is gradually moving to the left. I call myself a staunch conservative - I am waiting for a NEW republican party to emerge or a totally new party that i can totally identify with.

I remember what Ronald Reagan said when a reporter ask him why he left the democratic party to run for Governor of California as a Republican. Ronald said - "I did not leave the democratic party...the democratic party left me!"

Last edited:

MrNonSequitur

Poster
I identified as a 'pub since I was a teenager....Trump changed that. He managed to bring to light the corruption that I was essentially blinded to. I've always been opposed to professional politicians - now, even more so. I'm a veteran, who also blindly supported our foreign adventures (participated in one of them) - now oppose them unless truly necessary for our own national secuity.

Hell, I would say, if anything, I relate more to some 80s conservative democrats as I do most modern day republicans in Congress.

Cre8ive

Founder
Calling the swamp the swamp is perfect. It's a cesspool or more like a sewage treatment plant but there's no treatment going on, just more and more rot and squalor that makes Washington the dirtiest place on the face of the earth. Career politicians are the worst plague ever to be released into the once strong and healthy body named America. May they all rot in hell. They lie, cheat and steal for a living. Damn them all.

Last edited:

t_money86

Legendary
Founder
I identified as a 'pub since I was a teenager....Trump changed that. He managed to bring to light the corruption that I was essentially blinded to. I've always been opposed to professional politicians - now, even more so. I'm a veteran, who also blindly supported our foreign adventures (participated in one of them) - now oppose them unless truly necessary for our own national secuity.

Hell, I would say, if anything, I relate more to some 80s conservative democrats as I do most modern day republicans in Congress.
AromaticWetArcticduck-size_restricted.gif

Navy Veteran, former registered Dem. After I served '08-'12 under Zero, I truly had an awakening. Dems are anti-American as it comes now (far far cry from where they were in the 90s at least outwardly) and basically Communists posing as democrats. I hate Republicans too because they are smarmy phony pieces of shit. 2015 I absolutely identified with everything Pro America that Donald Trump was saying in his campaign. I dropped the Dem and registered Pub only so I can vote for Trumplicans in the primaries, but I hate career pols on both sides and will only vote for ones that espouse America First agenda.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
I am probably closer to Libertarian than pub but I vote pub since a libertarian doesn't stand a chance in a general.
I'm pretty much a national populist but I'm smart enough to realize national populism isn't popular enough to have its own party right now.

That what makes "Republicans" different is the fact that so many different perspectives vote this way because they know they don't stand a chance individually.

Personally that's why I think qualifying GOP candidates as either America 1st or Liz Cheney types is the next step in the evolution of the party's base. Conservatives, libertarians, national populists, single issue voters can all find something to love with America 1st but the swampy, beltway loving, elitist war hawks have nothing to get behind thank goodness.

casfoto

Poster
Im nothin. Its safer that way. No one bangin on my door. No one calling me a donkey. No one calling me an elephant. No one cares. And at this point its a moot question. I am a stock holder in Dominian Voting Machines. Thats why I dont care. Living in Barbados on a 120 ft Swan sailiboat gives me hope.

Cre8ive

Founder
I consider myself a Trumplican. Should be self explanatory.
That is excellent! Too bad Rush isn't here anymore. He would have loved that new moniker of Trumplican. It was kind of surreal to me that the greatest voice for America passed away as Trump, the greatest defender of America, was literally cheated out of being president. The sycophant den/libs fired the first shot with that stunt and we will fire the last.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
That is excellent! Too bad Rush isn't here anymore. He would have loved that new moniker of Trumplican. It was kind of surreal to me that the greatest voice for America passed away as Trump, the greatest defender of America, was literally cheated out of being president. They fired the first shot with that stunt and we will fire the last.
I just couldn’t stand the Paul Ryan’s of the party. He was just so flimsy. Trump comes out and is one of the FEW politicians who does what he says he is going to do. Trump is also largely responsible for calling the press to the mat and forcing their honesty as an issue. So many republicans either couldn’t do it or were scared.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
I just couldn’t stand the Paul Ryan’s of the party. He was just so flimsy. Trump comes out and is one of the FEW politicians citizens who does what he says he is going to do. Trump is also largely responsible for calling the press to the mat and forcing their honesty as an issue. So many republicans either couldn’t do it or were scared.
It's perfect now IYAM.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Fuck both parties, I don’t even call myself a conservative anymore. Strictly a Patriot.
I have started calling myself a liberal, because if you think about it we are what classic liberalism is. I had a discussion with a friend that Trump got dems to love war. He completely flipped everything to do with the 20th century definitions of the liberal/conservative argument.

I was very anti bush. Republicans are spineless and that is mostly why I don’t indentify with them. I am conservative with American first agenda

I am a conservative. The GOP is a bunch of spineless, feckless turds. So much momentum to do so much greatness and they completely shit the bed. Fuck playing ball and cow towing to the PC whims of the commie liberals.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Never been a Republican. We don't have to register in Tejas. Always split my ticket. Even voted for Hildebitch...in the primary when she ran against OhBoy.

SADUCFKNIGHT

Poster
Trump will be the nominee and the results will be worse thus go around. Meanwhile Desantis has to wait 4 more years so he may be out by then as well.*

IrishStout

Poster
I’ve been a registered independent my entire life and was raised in a very liberal, upper middle class home. I’m to the point now where I have zero faith in our elected officials to do anything that remotely resembles a compromise to help everyday Americans. Until we get lobbyists out of politics and install term limits I will continue to vote against incumbents regardless of party affiliation. And don’t get me started on the media....

casfoto

Poster
I’ve been a registered independent my entire life and was raised in a very liberal, upper middle class home. I’m to the point now where I have zero faith in our elected officials to do anything that remotely resembles a compromise to help everyday Americans. Until we get lobbyists out of politics and install term limits I will continue to vote against incumbents regardless of party affiliation. And don’t get me started on the media....
Totally. We think that we have lobbyists!!!!...That issue is far bigger in the EU with an estimate of over 30,000 in Brussels. The media is OWNED by a few people. We know who they are and we know how dangerous this is to our republic. Before Bill Clinton got elected there were approx 54 different news groups now there are 6. My family had The Christian Science Monitor in our house as far as I can remember and Nat Geo. We had the NYT also and it was the intellectual paper of choice. When I saw the CSM turn from its high caliber of jounalists to a crap sheet pressured by certain groups I cancelled it. When Murdoch bought Nat Geo I cancelled it. I have not seen the NYT's for years and will never have it in my house. We threw the TV out many years ago because of the corrupt opinions (not News). But so many people are swayed by this junk. Remember Marshall Maclluens book "The Media is the Message"? That says it all.

scanodd

Poster
Founder
I consider myself an anti-left conservative. Washington is more of a cesspool occupied mostly by sewer rats instead of a swamp. Swamps have some redeeming qualities.

IrishStout

Poster
Totally. We think that we have lobbyists!!!!...That issue is far bigger in the EU with an estimate of over 30,000 in Brussels. The media is OWNED by a few people. We know who they are and we know how dangerous this is to our republic. Before Bill Clinton got elected there were approx 54 different news groups now there are 6. My family had The Christian Science Monitor in our house as far as I can remember and Nat Geo. We had the NYT also and it was the intellectual paper of choice. When I saw the CSM turn from its high caliber of jounalists to a crap sheet pressured by certain groups I cancelled it. When Murdoch bought Nat Geo I cancelled it. I have not seen the NYT's for years and will never have it in my house. We threw the TV out many years ago because of the corrupt opinions (not News). But so many people are swayed by this junk. Remember Marshall Maclluens book "The Media is the Message"? That says it all.
The news was an event around my house when I was a kid. You had an hour of local and then an hour of national news every night and you felt comfortable that they were telling you a reasonable amount of truth. But there were only three broadcasting networks then. Now you’re selling ad space on a 24hr cycle and the truth no longer matters.

Top Bottom