Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Where is everyone?

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
If you sell do you get to walk away mostly?
We would still have the other 2 shops. I'd probably do sales in order to keep me out of the shop. I physically can't do what I have traditionally done. I can work for a week or two without issue but when I have to grind out for 10hr days for months my body says fuck this and quits on me. I've considered starting my own mobile welding service. Instead of pumping out weight and charging per pound, I could weld stainless and aluminum and weld on rich people yachts and .Illinois dollar fishing boats w triple 350's. They don'tcare about price they just want it done well and now.
I don't want to walk away from 30 years of family business I started w my dad. My family is willing to set me up w equipment and a flatbed. So really it is whatever I want. I won't decide what to do until this place from Virginia decides if the want to buy one or all 3 of our shops.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
We would still have the other 2 shops. I'd probably do sales in order to keep me out of the shop. I physically can't do what I have traditionally done. I can work for a week or two without issue but when I have to grind out for 10hr days for months my body says fuck this and quits on me. I've considered starting my own mobile welding service. Instead of pumping out weight and charging per pound, I could weld stainless and aluminum and weld on rich people yachts and .Illinois dollar fishing boats w triple 350's. They don'tcare about price they just want it done well and now.
I don't want to walk away from 30 years of family business I started w my dad. My family is willing to set me up w equipment and a flatbed. So really it is whatever I want. I won't decide what to do until this place from Virginia decides if the want to buy one or all 3 of our shops.
Seems like you’ve been in that cycle a lot of feeling better, then having to get too busy again

I guess tj didn’t pan out as a welder?

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Seems like you’ve been in that cycle a lot of feeling better, then having to get too busy again

I guess tj didn’t pan out as a welder?
I think it was too far of a walk.
I've gone through 4 welders in less than a month
No one wants to work anymore. I have a buddy make deliveries for me a couple times a week. But most everyone is in the same boat so customers are working w us. .a carpenter friend said there were guys turning down 50.00 per hr on big projects. That's a 100k a year no overtime.
People want to get paid to do nothing.
Thats one reason I know I'll be ok. I will do the work of 3 people

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’m working my back to this site. I went to buy some “We the People” tumblers as my two were taken by others. Unfortunately they no longer are offered. Any chance they may make a return?
Those tumblers are so nice. We had them produced on the side though and it’s not something we have the manpower to manage anymore unfortunately. We are pretty bare bones at this point

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
If you sell do you get to walk away mostly?
Dude steel men hobble away. Itll be 6 months til I know. We don't shit suppliers or customers. We are steel men w integrity. I have about 6 options i am going to meet w my family of shareholders and try to do it right. My family doesn't want me to go. But I simply cannot do what I used to do to build the company. I've had 3 steel related surgery and need 4 more. My family won't bail on me and I won't on them. I can literally fix every piece of equipment w thebkwners manual. I'm self taught reading all schematics. Before the internet I checked out library books to learn.
Air?water?electricity? Oil all follow the same path of least resistance so it is really just learing symbols. I can't blow myself so I need one good arm minimum

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I think it was too far of a walk.
I've gone through 4 welders in less than a month
No one wants to work anymore. I have a buddy make deliveries for me a couple times a week. But most everyone is in the same boat so customers are working w us. .a carpenter friend said there were guys turning down 50.00 per hr on big projects. That's a 100k a year no overtime.
People want to get paid to do nothing.
Thats one reason I know I'll be ok. I will do the work of 3 people
me too

D

Deleted member 2886

It's exactly that. Even a college professor once told me that there was no Big Brother just so you see how corrupt and dysfunctional colleges have become.
Oh absolutely, i agree mate.

That meme i'd posted, and i could be mistaken about this, is utilizing the rhetorical device:- "antiphrasis".

*EDIT; nothing above changed, just adding that i now see i have slightly misinterpreted your comment.

Sorry bout that.😅

IMG_20220911_081814_299.jpg
IMG_20220911_142742_706.jpg
😁👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom