Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What was the first record, 8track, tape, CD you bought?

Zach10

Poster
First one my parents bought me was probably spice girls in 4th grade.

First one I bought myself was probably Enema of the State.

Cards1968

Founder
Mom never left the F section - Fleetwood Mac Rumors and Foghat Live! were my first two 8-tracks. Not bad mom.

Long cat

Elite
green-day-dookie-large.jpg

Cowboy1stn10

Elite
I think I technically bought two at the same time, one cd one tape. I bought a Joe Diffie single tape with Third Rock From the Sun on it. Ended up meeting him a few times in my 20's and brought this up(grew up with his nephews), he didn't believe me. :ROFLMAO:

Also I believe Queen Greatest hits 1. I think I was 8 or 9 at the time. Not weird at all......

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
My first cassette purchase was G-N-R Appetite for Destruction. And Justice for all was next.

I have a turtles music token (their old gift card deal) and me mom and Bro went. Bro talks mom Into it bc I’m 4th grade and he is 8th. Turtles employee never even said a thing about 18. Next year bro talked “Santa” into getting me the GNR shirt with slash in bottom corner wearing shirt that says SHIT HAPPENS. (FYI: Forest Gump infringed on Slashes said and owes him a lot of money)

Yea, school sees shirt is going to suspend me till mom explains she bought me the shirt and I have worn it countless times and NO ONE even noticed So NO big deal 🤣

Suck it losers, I’ve been a bad ass since birth (insert wegottabadassoverhere.gif)

🤣😂🤣 Gret Thread OldePee

TarCock29

Poster
First I remember parents getting me was the Ghostbusters soundtrack (record). First trip to a record store I bought Def Leppard - Hysteria and Gun n Roses - Appetite for Destruction

spf84

Poster
The first cd I can remember getting, bedsides like a flinstones one I got as a little kid was nirvana never mind.

CadetHawk

Elite
Founder
First cassette was Vanilla Ice when I was 9. First cd was Dangerous Minds Soundtrack when I was 14. Then I joined Columbia House and BMG (I think that was the name of it).

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Can't remember if it Mike Jackson's Thriller or Duran Duran's Hungry like the wolf or The Police Roxanne cassette.

PTCAU

Poster
Madonna Like A Virgin cassette under the tree for Christmas. Didn’t ask for it but 9 year old me loved it and played it a lot. ZFG.

RKirkD

Legendary
Founder
I was 10 when this came out.
ACDC_Back_in_Black.png
I was in 8th grade living in Butzbach Germany when this came out. 3 of us pulled the sleeping at the buddies house game and hopped a train to Frankfurt for the show. The ass whipping I took over that stunt was ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT. We had the times of our young lives at that show. To this day still my ATF.

First album for me was this one and quickly resulted in me getting my own record player for my room cause my pops was having none of this shit played where he could hear it. 🤣
1618579336154.png

Top Bottom