Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What was it like living in the 1990s

TJHall1

Legendary
s-l300.jpg

OIP.X2SKlhF4_3WlqwSpIw1qowAAAA

Also the Griffeys
R.12e2c0e76d3c13e6161d21ef410d8778
I had that hornets coat in about 3rd or 4th grade.

mrt

Elite
I watched a game from the 80s or 90s recently... I couldn't tell what down it was, where the first down line was, what quarter it was...

I was like How the fuck did people watch this shit back then.
Oh, you mean when they played real football. I remember a guest on Johnny Carson who had played pro football in the 50s. He told Johnny that he and all the others would get drunk the night before a game and the linemen would purposely blow their alcoholic breath into the face of the lineman he was facing. If I remember right it was an old Green Bay Packer. Everyone had missing teeth and broken arms back then. The early years and first Super Bowl was great football with the likes of Jim Brown and others. I might be wrong but there weren't any indoor stadiums then and people preferred outdoor football opposed to indoor, Pro football wasn't popular until early 70s and it took off with Monday Night Football airing. I attended a few games over the decades and I actually saw Joe Namath's last game before retirement played at Jack Murphy Stadium San Diego. That was the good ole days. One Holiday bowl game with SMU and BYU my Brother and I were there in the same stadium, SMU kicked BYUs ass 32 to 0 at half time and when they came out for 3rd half BYU scored that 32 points and shut SMU down for the win. We had to take off our SMU ball caps and sneak out of the stadium, my Brother and I laughed for 40 years over that game.

Jtrain80

Legendary
Oh, you mean when they played real football. I remember a guest on Johnny Carson who had played pro football in the 50s. He told Johnny that he and all the others would get drunk the night before a game and the linemen would purposely blow their alcoholic breath into the face of the lineman he was facing. If I remember right it was an old Green Bay Packer. Everyone had missing teeth and broken arms back then. The early years and first Super Bowl was great football with the likes of Jim Brown and others. I might be wrong but there weren't any indoor stadiums then and people preferred outdoor football opposed to indoor, Pro football wasn't popular until early 70s and it took off with Monday Night Football airing. I attended a few games over the decades and I actually saw Joe Namath's last game before retirement played at Jack Murphy Stadium San Diego. That was the good ole days. One Holiday bowl game with SMU and BYU my Brother and I were there in the same stadium, SMU kicked BYUs ass 32 to 0 at half time and when they came out for 3rd half BYU scored that 32 points and shut SMU down for the win. We had to take off our SMU ball caps and sneak out of the stadium, my Brother and I laughed for 40 years over that game.

I did some work for Cowboy Bill Watts who played at OU and in the NFL. Completely different world back then.

Viking

Legendary
Founder
The 90’s were the hangover the party mad 80’s created. The 90’s started the trend downward! SKOL!

PleasureMoose

Legendary
1637028192513.jpg

1637029308436.jpg

1637027712784.jpg

1637029073105.jpg

7454558_a4d34a4b60_z.jpg

1637178302434.jpg

EDIT: Nothing like riding bikes outside with your friends until it got dark then having them over for the night and playing N64 and eating dominos. There was a sense of optimism for the future.

Last edited:
Top Bottom