Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What does 2050 look like?

lucio

Poster
Founder
madrid-gay-pride-2018-1519047592.jpg

Whiskey&Weed

Poster
Founder
I think there will be at least one major war between Asian countries that will set the stage. The loser of Pakistan and India will become a threat to China who will be in dire need of land and resources. I also believe the US will steadily decline through mismanagement, deadlock, and debt until we have recessions every few years. We will also break up the world's largest companies and open those markets to new competition internationally.

HunterPKP

Poster
Founder
I think there will be at least one major war between Asian countries that will set the stage. The loser of Pakistan and India will become a threat to China who will be in dire need of land and resources. I also believe the US will steadily decline through mismanagement, deadlock, and debt until we have recessions every few years. We will also break up the world's largest companies and open those markets to new competition internationally.

China and India area already in open conflict/deadlock over natural resources right now. That's only going to get worse. Russia continue to rattle the sabre, but knows that any conflict with us leads eventually to an ass kicking that probably turns nuclear. Unfortunately, I agree to a degree on the USA. Unless moderates retake control of the country, we are in serious trouble. The idiocracy is real.

China's still got it's own internal issues. Will be very interesting to watch how they navigate those issues. A few are their healthcare system was way more woefully unprepared for COVID than we were and it showed with draconian measures being put into place and China just stopping reporting numbers. No one got hit harder than they did and there is some speculation of millions dying over there.

Also, China has some infrastructure issues that may come home to roost. I know a bunch of us were laughing about the Three Gorges Damn. Still, it took some structural integrity damage during the flooding that can't be fixed easily. Especially not in 1 year. If a similar flooding situation happens next year, they entire flood plain is in serious trouble.

Could post about this kind of stuff for hours.

Whiskey&Weed

Poster
Founder
China and India area already in open conflict/deadlock over natural resources right now. That's only going to get worse. Russia continue to rattle the sabre, but knows that any conflict with us leads eventually to an ass kicking that probably turns nuclear. Unfortunately, I agree to a degree on the USA. Unless moderates retake control of the country, we are in serious trouble. The idiocracy is real.

China's still got it's own internal issues. Will be very interesting to watch how they navigate those issues. A few are their healthcare system was way more woefully unprepared for COVID than we were and it showed with draconian measures being put into place and China just stopping reporting numbers. No one got hit harder than they did and there is some speculation of millions dying over there.

Also, China has some infrastructure issues that may come home to roost. I know a bunch of us were laughing about the Three Gorges Damn. Still, it took some structural integrity damage during the flooding that can't be fixed easily. Especially not in 1 year. If a similar flooding situation happens next year, they entire flood plain is in serious trouble.

Could post about this kind of stuff for hours.

I also believe the US Government will enter the crypto space. After borrowing so much on the dollar and gold, the only way for the US to support it's current economic position is to move away from borrowing on the dollar to it's own centralized cryptocurrency that it creates. They will be able to control inflation by mining a set amount of coins each year and will then use those coins to purchase back money from the banks or countries. Those coins held by the banks will then be distributed to the wealthy elite in exchange for their cash, and all the poor Americans with Bitcoin fortunes will be crushed.

Rushie

Poster
We will be under perpetual safer-at-home orders with everyone receiving a government stipend to have food and supplies delivered by Amazon drones. Big Brother will always be watching and we will love Big Brother.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Trump's policies are going to usher in the next renaissance in 2025 that will last for 50 years. Liberals will cry about it the whole time while real men reinvent art, culture and science

Top Bottom