Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What do other loners do with their free time?

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I have no friends, family, partner, nor a job. I am a military vet surviving on disability. I have 0 social life + skills - I did when I was younger but it just seemed to dry up one day. Currently I play a lot of video games and watch anime.

I'm interested in hearing what other people that don't have a whole lot going on do. I honestly think I'm starting to lose my mind from boredom.

Sometimes i feel anti-social and it just takes a while to get out of a funk. I think developing a routine with work and hobbies helps mental health a lot.

Do you have a pet? I have a dog (yellow lab) and she is a working dog so she makes me get out of the house everyday. If she doesn't get her walk / play time she starts to get antsy. I kind of like it because it gets me out of the house.

Hobbies like bike riding, gardening, nature walks, golf, fishing, hunting are all things that i enjoy to get me out of the house. I also find it satisfying to take odd jobs even when i don't need the money. When is the last time you have visited a national park? There are so many really cool parks to visit that a lot of people don't take advantage of.

There are certain jobs that love veterans because they are reliable, competent, on time, disciplined etc. You guys make great employees.

Socializing is hard for a lot of people, you aren't alone there!

champsballs

Elite
Founder
I have no friends, family, partner, nor a job. I am a military vet surviving on disability. I have 0 social life + skills - I did when I was younger but it just seemed to dry up one day. Currently I play a lot of video games and watch anime.

I'm interested in hearing what other people that don't have a whole lot going on do. I honestly think I'm starting to lose my mind from boredom.

85C5B594-2F95-4C5D-A868-7CE19ECF6F16.gif

1st of all THANK YOU for your service to this country. 2nd social life is overrated. The older I get the more I realize how untrustworthy ppl really are. 3rd bars will only get you in trouble, especially if you have PTSD.
What about local veterans organizations? Church? Different local groups on social media?
I'm probably the wrong person to give advice because I love isolation but I am married & have e a big family that NEVER leave me alone so I crave it. LOL

ChingChongDingDong

Legendary
Founder
Also…..wtf kinda weed are you smoking to cause this? I actually feel bad enough to donate some of my reserve goods to fix this issue.
Nothing hits rike a gravity bong par.

I don’t know about you par, but I smoke the type of weed that makes doing nothing absorutery fucking fun.

Old boy needs to join a gym, take an art class, but not be too baked to think on his feet in a social setting.

Retarded Asian was redundant

Last edited:

Joe King

Elite
i found this website bc none of the ask subreddits would accept it
That's odd. Did they give a reason as to why? I always thought Reddit was custom made for people who are like how you describe yourself.

Mainly, the bolded part.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
That's odd. Did they give a reason as to why? I always thought Reddit was custom made for people who are like how you describe yourself.

Mainly, the bolded part.
Are you implying……this is a troll (thread?)

WTF….place has been boring lately, some of us enjoy playing with our new toys…..

I bet you kicked over multiple peoples lego builds as a kid….didn’t you?!!?! 🤣

Fansong1977

Poster
I'm pretty much of a loner since my wife died last year. I play golf a couple times a week with a group of guys, play some video games and go to church. That's about it. I rarely leave the house except for golf and church.
My daughter lives close by, she calls me daily and comes over every weekend to visit and we have lunch together.
Pretty damn boring and lonely but it is what it is.

ChingChongDingDong

Legendary
Founder
I'm pretty much of a loner since my wife died last year. I play golf a couple times a week with a group of guys, play some video games and go to church. That's about it. I rarely leave the house except for golf and church.
My daughter lives close by, she calls me daily and comes over every weekend to visit and we have lunch together.
Pretty damn boring and lonely but it is what it is.
Ever think about identifying as an Asian?
Im starting a curt.

I’m starting a curt guys.

Aint a thing wrong with anything you have said. In regards to your personal life.........but i do have a question:

You have said you do workout and do exercises, and are mobile, meaning you can get to a job..........why are you on disability, and do not have a job?

BurntJ

Founder
No, not at all. Just amazed that Reddit didn't want him.
16051e1f-7218-4371-8258-4aac7fc847a8_text.gif

Goldhedge

Legendary
If you want to start fishin for a good time, you got to start fishin by throwin in yer line....

I suggest Pickleball.

It's kind of like ping pong, but the court, ball, and paddle are bigger.

First time I heard of it was @4 years ago. Wife's gf's wanted her to play for her bd.

I thought... "Pickleball? What a stupid sounding game that is!"

I was a CC runner. Never played ANY paddle/racket sports.

Wife needed a 4th so I said 'Sure'. I had no idea what to do. She said "Just stand here and when the ball comes your way try to hit it back over the net."

One game and I was hooked! It was a blast! Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on.

Eye and hand coordination develop with practice. You can buy a decent paddle for $100. Cheaper ones are garbage. There are local clubs that teach how if you need that, but most folks on the court will help you learn. The people who play are inviting and friendly. You don't have to talk much. Rules are fairly simple.

It's been around since 1965! It keeps you physically active. It's a hoot!

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

I work, beatoff, kick my dog, work, go to church and cuss a bunch, shit like that. I dvr young Sheldon and some storage war shows. I fish and have a boat but I'd rather fish w a buddy.

BurntJ

Founder
If you want to start fishin for a good time, you got to start fishin by throwin in yer line....

I suggest Pickleball.

It's kind of like ping pong, but the court, ball, and paddle are bigger.

First time I heard of it was @4 years ago. Wife's gf's wanted her to play for her bd.

I thought... "Pickleball? What a stupid sounding game that is!"

I was a CC runner. Never played ANY paddle/racket sports.

Wife needed a 4th so I said 'Sure'. I had no idea what to do. She said "Just stand here and when the ball comes your way try to hit it back over the net."

One game and I was hooked! It was a blast! Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on.

Eye and hand coordination develop with practice. You can buy a decent paddle for $100. Cheaper ones are garbage. There are local clubs that teach how if you need that, but most folks on the court will help you learn. The people who play are inviting and friendly. You don't have to talk much. Rules are fairly simple.

It's been around since 1965! It keeps you physically active. It's a hoot!
After reading the above post.......

How old were you when it started in 1965?

Top Bottom