Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What are some of you guys good appetizer recipes for gatherings? (Super Bowl, etc) (slightly NSFW)

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-shrimp-cocktail-recipe-1943915

I always get compliments on this simple and easy recipe. Trick it up with Old Bay. Smaller shrimp, slightly reduce the cooking time.

39-roasted-shrimp-web-horizon.jpg

Last edited:

Don Johnson

Poster
Founder

Sausage balls are always good. I typically use spicy sausage.

TJHall1

Legendary
What are these jalapeno boats of which you speak?
You slice all your jalapeños in half and clean out the seeds and guts. Then you make your mixture of cream cheese, sharp cheddar shredded, bacon (I use hormel precooked bacon pieces), pepper, garlic powder, chives. You then load the mixture into the jalapeño "boats" and top with lots of panko crumbs. In the oven for 20 mins and then plow. I fucking love those things. Will find recipe if you want.

MaizeBlaze

I’m just here so I won’t get fined.
Founder
@MaizeBlaze did you end up making those armadillo eggs?

Feel like those would be perfect for TT if they turned out as good as they looked in the recipe.
I posted pics on the aluminum board. They turned out great. I’ll probably make some more this weekend.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
You slice all your jalapeños in half and clean out the seeds and guts. Then you make your mixture of cream cheese, sharp cheddar shredded, bacon (I use hormel precooked bacon pieces), pepper, garlic powder, chives. You then load the mixture into the jalapeño "boats" and top with lots of panko crumbs. In the oven for 20 mins and then plow. I fucking love those things. Will find recipe if you want.
I think you just gave us the recipe and will definitely be doing this.

MaizeBlaze

I’m just here so I won’t get fined.
Founder
Can you post here too for those of us who can’t be within 500 yards of tMB
The aluminum board isn’t the MB. The aluminum board is a house of learned doctors. Here’s the recipe. @tsumatt06

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
They are the tits. Made 20 last Saturday for my brother and girlfriend just hanging out. Pretty sure I ate 15 of them.

View attachment 4675
Yea I don’t think my super bowl gathering will like me too much when I have crumbs falling down my chin and the plate is gone. Those look amazing. But I’ll give them a go and try to share. Try.

TJHall1

Legendary
Yea I don’t think my super bowl gathering will like me too much when I have crumbs falling down my chin and the plate is gone. Those look amazing. But I’ll give them a go and try to share. Try.
I ate so many I didn't even want to fuck Saturday night. And I'm a sex addict.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Years ago wife and I were watching Emeril back when he was on. He had a tailgate special and it had some good stuff but the one that has stuck with us over the years was this guys poppers.
T the jalapeño and remove the seeds/ribs
In a bowl mix goat cheese, sundried tomato, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper
Put mixture in a bag and then fill jalapeños with mixture
Wrap with prosciutto and grill 10 minutes.

Amazing.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Years ago wife and I were watching Emeril back when he was on. He had a tailgate special and it had some good stuff but the one that has stuck with us over the years was this guys poppers.
T the jalapeño and remove the seeds/ribs
In a bowl mix goat cheese, sundried tomato, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper
Put mixture in a bag and then fill jalapeños with mixture
Wrap with prosciutto and grill 10 minutes.

Amazing.

I think it was my first or 2nd week brand new to New Orleans. That guy sat down with me for at least 30 minutes recommending me what to do, what to stay away from, where to eat.... Guy has a heart bigger than his belly.

All I did was walk in to a shit hole for a bourbon and he invited me over. Super, super nice guy.

BoiseGator

Poster
Founder
Candied-Bacon-8-1200x1553.jpg
Spicy, sugar candied bacon...

1. Thick cut bacon. The good shit, don’t fuck this up.
2. Cayenne Pepper/Chili powder
3. Brown Sugar
4. Air Fryer

Steps

1. Mix Cayenne pepper and brown sugar.
2. Toss/Coat bacon in mix
3. Place in air fryer for 16 minutes at 400
4. Flip at 8 minutes
5. Remove, rest then place in serving tray

Repeat 1,000 times because shit gets devoured.

If you are a semi attractive male, be warned your frands will want to butt slam you after you serve.

Note: If you are poorsinous and don’t own an air fryer. Baking pans covered with parchment paper cooked at 400 for 16 minutes.

Last edited:

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
We are getting a Publix, they just broke ground right across the street from Harris Teeter, Publix dragging their balls all over Mrs Harris' chin.
Are you in NC?

it’s funny when Harris Teeter moved into atlanta over 20 years ago we thought the opposite... was disappointed when Kroger bought them out and closed the Harris Teeter stores only a year or so opening, I guess it’s all about the new shiny ball.

FU_Rivals

Poster
Founder

We do something similar except we put sausage in the mix and wrap them in bacon and grill them.

dragworm

Poster
Here’s something that I make that’s pretty tasty
-2 8oz packs of Philly cream cheese (don’t get the low-fat kind)
- 1 green onion
- 2 packs of thin beef lunch meat (I usually get Buddig brand)
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (add more later if desired)
Chop the green onion up
Shred the beef lunch meat into pieces no bigger than your thumbnail
Mix all ingredients together. I usually mash with a fork.
Eat with crackers. I usually use Chickin-n-abiscuit crackers
Enjoy.

Top Bottom