Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What’s you “go to” after work cocktail?

Astragalus

Poster
Founder
I love vodka and have never had a martini. Whats it consist of and how do I make it. Yes, im poor.
Get a cocktail shaker. Add ice, vodka of choice and some olive juice. Technically you’re supposed to add a splash of vermouth, but I usually don’t. Shake it up until the outside of the shaker has developed frost (if you live in a humid area). Pour and enjoy. The colder, the better. Add a few olives on a skewer if you want to make it classy.

Attachments

• BC9E0C0A-031F-41FB-9B85-B913A23C8E62.jpeg
    BC9E0C0A-031F-41FB-9B85-B913A23C8E62.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

TJHall1

Legendary
Get a cocktail shaker. Add ice, vodka of choice and some olive juice. Technically you’re supposed to add a splash of vermouth, but I usually don’t. Shake it up until the outside of the shaker has developed frost (if you live in a humid area). Pour and enjoy. The colder, the better. Add a few olives on a skewer if you want to make it classy.
Seems pretty simple. I dont even know what vermouth is. I've used olive juice as a chaser before, so basically I'm a martini conosuier

Astragalus

Poster
Founder
Seems pretty simple. I dont even know what vermouth is. I've used olive juice as a chaser before, so basically I'm a martini conosuier
Ha! I think vermouth is some kind of wine with spices added. It‘s kinda pungent to me, so I don‘t usually use it. If you do, a little goes a long way. The key is in finding good olives. I like blue cheese olives, but there’s a grocery near me (Whole Foods) that carries olives with Sicilian herbs (mustard, thyme, and other stuff) that have quickly become my favorite. Also, if you want extra olive brine, you can find it on Amazon. If you make your martinis dirty (with olive juice), you often run out of juice before you run out of olives.

TJHall1

Legendary
Ha! I think vermouth is some kind of wine with spices added. It‘s kinda pungent to me, so I don‘t usually use it. If you do, a little goes a long way. The key is in finding good olives. I like blue cheese olives, but there’s a grocery near me (Whole Foods) that carries olives with Sicilian herbs (mustard, thyme, and other stuff) that have quickly become my favorite. Also, if you want extra olive brine, you can find it on Amazon. If you make your martinis dirty (with olive juice), you often run out of juice before you run out of olives.
Thanks man. I love blue cheese olives too. I'm such a simple, small town goon that I have no idea what most shit is when it comes to fancy stuff.

Astragalus

Poster
Founder
Thanks man. I love blue cheese olives too. I'm such a simple, small town goon that I have no idea what most shit is when it comes to fancy stuff.
That’s why this forum exists, my friend. To enlighten us on the world’s problems, and to enlighten us on things like cocktails - which help us solve said problems. The free exchange of ideas is a beautiful thing.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Welllllll...as most know, I don't work and my husband works from home most days. So, 5 pm.... I'm making him titos RX bleu cheese olives (always 3... and yes, I stuff the olives myself. None of those nasty prestuffed/jarred things) and I'm pouring myself a stiff bourbon and water, tall.

He's normally on a conference call when I deliver the libation and that call has turned into a zoom happy hour.

His employees love me. 🤣

Top Bottom