Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Watching the NBA get @dead

Belezabro

Elite
In this thread we can share articles and other media detailing the demise and ultimate death of the once great NBA.

There is plenty of information, but I’ll get us started. This is a doozie.

Twitter comments are not surprising

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Loved basketball but haven't turned it on this year. Big Heat fan and didn't watch a second of the finals. Didn't even know that Jimmy Butler missed like 6 games or something due to COVID until a friend told me. Friend that likes to get me riled up sent this too me, just responded with they don't want me to watch so I don't dude. Enjoy your CCP league.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Found this historical reference regarding the origins of playing the anthem at sporting events to be interesting:

...After America's entrance into World War I, Major League Baseball games often featured patriotic rituals, such as players marching in formation during pregame military drills and bands playing patriotic songs. During the seventh-inning stretch of Game One of the 1918 World Series, the band erupted into "The Star-Spangled Banner." The Cubs and Red Sox players faced the centerfield flag pole and stood at attention. The crowd, already on their feet, began to sing along and applauded at the end of the song.

Given the positive reaction, the band played the song during the next two games, and when the Series moved to Boston, the Red Sox owner brought in a band and had the song played before the start of each remaining contest. After the war (and after the song was made the national anthem in 1931), the song continued to be played at baseball games, but only on special occasions like opening day, national holidays, and World Series games.

During World War II, baseball games again became venues for large-scale displays of patriotism, and technological advances in public address systems allowed songs to be played without a band. "The Star-Spangled Banner" was played before games throughout the course of the war, and by the time the war was over, the pregame singing of the national anthem had become cemented as a baseball ritual, after which it spread to other sports.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Stories like this demonstrate how far gone the woke NBA has become. None of these guys could have handled playing in the NBA of the 70's-90's. Shit talking is a part of the game. In today's NBA, they make this a story:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...nyone-wake-claim-was-called-coronavirus-court

And the village idiot keeps shouting from the mountaintop. This is my favorite quote from the article: "I speak from a very educated mind, so I'm kind of the wrong guy to actually go at because I do my homework." -LBJ

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...s-zlatan-ibrahimovic-no-way-ever-stick-sports

Phillip McKraken

Legendary
Founder
He sounds like he has an uneducated mind pretending to be educated. That said, he’s had worse interviews. The NBA has dug its own hole and alienated its American fan base. I am looking forward to Chinese expansion. The Wuhan Pangolin-Bats vs the Los Angeles Wet Markets.

The_Goose

Poster
Founder

I prefer this one.

1*m1W-0CZTPKbh3hoh-jS4lw.jpeg

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
I would love for them to hasten their death.

Propose to play an entire season in various host cities in China.

Just cut to the chase and go after the China money in one big swoop.
Ugh... China is actually racist to AA's. Not sure they are gonna grow much there especially if they hang out there and interact with the locals. On tv with control of the image is one thing. Let one black dude beat the hell out of a couple assholes in a bar and watch how quick that goes to hell.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Top Bottom