Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ukraine defense minister to Russia: welcome to hell

flyerjeff

Poster
Founder
Hope he’s right. Biggest factor has to be resolve more than numbers and equipment. My worry is if we get involved, how do we plan to?

Way I figure, our ground attack aircraft won’t be able to do anything until Russian forces reach farther inland due to the Theater SAM systems (SA-5, SA-21, etc) that would umbrella the border areas. Once ground forces are out of range they’ll be covered by strategic SAMs like the SA-8, SA-6 and our SEAD sorties can knock those out when their radar goes active. CAP sorties will cover the SEAD sorties which cover the ground strike sorties. But how many are we sending?

Whatever the number is it won’t be enough. Russia will have a massive air advantage to harass and occasionally shoot down our guys simply by a numbers perspective. A lot of missions will be incomplete because they are burning up their fuel evading or they were shot down.

Reaaaaally hope the Air planners have an Ace up their sleeve cause either we commit enough aircraft to fend of Russian air domination or sit this one out. 1 squadron of Raptors for CAP, 1 squadron of vipers(F-16) for SEAD, and 1 squadron of Hawgs (A-10) would be a huge mistake.

First time I’ve been worried for our guys in a while

Emma tenywa

Elite
Am of a view that there's going to be no war and no invasion. I don't see Russia invading Ukraine. The USA needed allies to take on Iraq, it was for clear reasons. In modern warfare, you need allies to take on another nation, it doesn't matter how strong you are, you real need backing otherwise things can turn ugly. It's the same case here,and i don't see Russia's allies on this. And put knows it very well. Germany tried to take on the world back then and failed, Putin can't make the same mistake, he knows the consequences just by looking 70yrs back in history. And even if no other world power makes a move and Russia manages to annex Ukraine.still the consequences of that action can be severe so Putin is not a fool and is not so ambitious as many media houses portray him, otherwise he would have moved a lot closer like 10km off the border.

flyerjeff

Poster
Founder
Am of a view that there's going to be no war and no invasion. I don't see Russia invading Ukraine. The USA needed allies to take on Iraq, it was for clear reasons. In modern warfare, you need allies to take on another nation, it doesn't matter how strong you are, you real need backing otherwise things can turn ugly. It's the same case here,and i don't see Russia's allies on this. And put knows it very well. Germany tried to take on the world back then and failed, Putin can't make the same mistake, he knows the consequences just by looking 70yrs back in history. And even if no other world power makes a move and Russia manages to annex Ukraine.still the consequences of that action can be severe so Putin is not a fool and is not so ambitious as many media houses portray him, otherwise he would have moved a lot closer like 10km off the border.
Hope your right but one key difference between Iraq and this is Russia won’t have to travel far so logistics are much easier to handle an invasion. Plus you can self cover troop movements with Air, Artillery, and Air Defense support being next door

AgEngDawg

Legendary
5b5782ef20bd72d96977eaa88b26c2dd.gif

Hope he’s right. Biggest factor has to be resolve more than numbers and equipment. My worry is if we get involved, how do we plan to?

Way I figure, our ground attack aircraft won’t be able to do anything until Russian forces reach farther inland due to the Theater SAM systems (SA-5, SA-21, etc) that would umbrella the border areas. Once ground forces are out of range they’ll be covered by strategic SAMs like the SA-8, SA-6 and our SEAD sorties can knock those out when their radar goes active. CAP sorties will cover the SEAD sorties which cover the ground strike sorties. But how many are we sending?

Whatever the number is it won’t be enough. Russia will have a massive air advantage to harass and occasionally shoot down our guys simply by a numbers perspective. A lot of missions will be incomplete because they are burning up their fuel evading or they were shot down.

Reaaaaally hope the Air planners have an Ace up their sleeve cause either we commit enough aircraft to fend of Russian air domination or sit this one out. 1 squadron of Raptors for CAP, 1 squadron of vipers(F-16) for SEAD, and 1 squadron of Hawgs (A-10) would be a huge mistake.

Could not imagine what it could lead to if the US and Russians start trading lives

Jayhox

Legendary
Founder

The fuck you mean “our guys”? Why would we put a single US soldier’s life at risk in this situation? And I know what you mean, as long as you know what I mean.

flyerjeff

Poster
Founder
The fuck you mean “our guys”? Why would we put a single US soldier’s life at risk in this situation? And I know what you mean, as long as you know what I mean.
Our pilots and aircrews are all I care about as it seems is your focus. Just don’t want to waste any bodies or equivalent if we didn’t think the problem through as I imagine is your concern.

But I DO NOT have faith in General staffers. Majors and light colonels as planners I do to some extent. But certainly not flag officers. They have proven time and time again to be number crunchers and nothing more.

More of the reason I love JSOC. Totally different ballgame and I wish they were pitching. But it’s not their ballgame. This is big blue and green to a T.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

The Russian ambassador said yesterday "We don't give a shit about sanctions." Translation - "We don't fear America anymore...it is just a shell of what it used to be. So glad Buydumb is in the white house."

Top Bottom