Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

True or False: Time to ramp back up the national psychiatric hospital system?

honkforhagan

Poster
There is, but there's also another really big problem that nobody wants to talk about.

A whole generation or 3 whose bad behavior and general loserness being excused as mental illness instead of what it really is.....Spoiled brats who have been told all their lives they are specialer than the most special, never told no, never had their bottom warmed with a wooden spoon, and self esteem is the end all and be all.

And I say this as a woman married to a man who is long diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety (before we met and we've been married for 23 years). Medication is only one part of his treatment/management. I watch my kids like a hawk for any sign they might be experiencing any symptoms. I do NOT dismiss mental illness.

But, while MI is woefully ignored/unrecognized by many, there is huge movement that any feeling of distress or sadness is a mental health emergency.

Similarly... suddenly it's cool to be transwhatever. It gets attention and supportive tweets. Trans is NOT common... certainly not to the point of suddenly 14 Trans students in my son's class of 116. (I think 3 more jumped in this year). All boys suddenly deciding they're girls except one. The other decided he's now a cat. And nobody is allowed to tell him to stop meowing or hissing. (I'm dead serious).
It’s only going to get worse with the media starting to champion people as being heroes when they choose to take a break from fulfilling their responsibilities in order to ‘focus on’ their mental health.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
There is, but there's also another really big problem that nobody wants to talk about.

A whole generation or 3 whose bad behavior and general loserness being excused as mental illness instead of what it really is.....Spoiled brats who have been told all their lives they are specialer than the most special, never told no, never had their bottom warmed with a wooden spoon, and self esteem is the end all and be all.

And I say this as a woman married to a man who is long diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety (before we met and we've been married for 23 years). Medication is only one part of his treatment/management. I watch my kids like a hawk for any sign they might be experiencing any symptoms. I do NOT dismiss mental illness.

But, while MI is woefully ignored/unrecognized by many, there is huge movement that any feeling of distress or sadness is a mental health emergency. We've failed to teach children how to handle disappointment, sadness, anger or boredom. We've taught them that every one of their thoughts and feelings is the most important thing in the world and everybody must cater to their whims and make them happy.

Similarly... suddenly it's cool to be transwhatever. It gets attention and supportive tweets. Trans is NOT common... certainly not to the point of suddenly 14 Trans students in my son's class of 116. (I think 3 more jumped in this year). All boys suddenly deciding they're girls except one. The other decided he's now a cat. And nobody is allowed to tell him to stop meowing or hissing. (I'm dead serious).

Yes. A thousand times yes.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Another aspect that feeds into this situation is the over diagnosis of some mental illnesses, which results in prescriptions that result in Big Pharma profits. Meanwhile those taking these pharmaceuticals are putting shit in their bodies that probably, in many cases, causes mental illness.

Sikness23245

Elite
Another aspect that feeds into this situation is the over diagnosis of some mental illnesses, which results in prescriptions that result in Big Pharma profits. Meanwhile those taking these pharmaceuticals are putting shit in their bodies that probably, in many cases, causes mental illness.

History will most certainly look at us for the shit we use as medicine today like we look at the past using cocaine and heroin as medicine.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

But, while MI is woefully ignored/unrecognized by many, there is huge movement that any feeling of distress or sadness is a mental health emergency. We've failed to teach children how to handle disappointment, sadness, anger or boredom. We've taught them that every one of their thoughts and feelings is the most important thing in the world and everybody must cater to their whims and make them happy.

Very good points and very well stated. Another ingredient that is very commonly mixed in with all of this is alcoholism and drug abuse.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder

I remember the good ole days when men worried about drinking beer and getting laid (by awomen) in high school (graduated with 87 and not a single tranny in the high school).

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder

Are all those boys now thinking they are girls still (presumably) attracted to girls?

Top Bottom