Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The truck thread, own the libs by getting fewer MPG

CMTiger15

Poster
Founder
Thinking about getting a used F250 diesel. Have a F150 now with 170k, no issues except a fuel filter replacement.

Any of you have a 250 diesel with any issues?
View attachment 2711

My uncle has had a F250 powerstroke for about 15+ years and swears he’s had no issues with it.

He pulls tractors, his 60’ offshore boat, etc with no problems.

I’m not really a “Ford guy” but seeing that truck still in action makes me a believer and kinda want one (I just don’t have a need for it).

RHT 3

Elite
My uncle has had a F250 powerstroke for about 15+ years and swears he’s had no issues with it.

He pulls tractors, his 60’ offshore boat, etc with no problems.

I’m not really a “Ford guy” but seeing that truck still in action makes me a believer and kinda want one (I just don’t have a need for it).

Anyone can get lucky I'm afraid..........screw Ford.

Buy a 2011-2014 GMC/Chevy 2500. Best motor/tranny combo ever invented ( outside of the fuel injection system, which is a easy fix).

Plenty of torque/power and easy to delete all the DEF shit.

tsumatt06

Poster
Anyone can get lucky I'm afraid..........screw Ford.

Buy a 2011-2014 GMC/Chevy 2500. Best motor/tranny combo ever invented ( outside of the fuel injection system, which is a easy fix).

Plenty of torque/power and easy to delete all the DEF shit.
Also a federal crime and you better have a buddy that does inspections. Feds seize used trucks from lots here in TX that have DPF deletes and they hammer/shut down any business caught doing it.

RHT 3

Elite
Also a federal crime and you better have a buddy that does inspections. Feds seize used trucks from lots here in TX that have DPF deletes and they hammer/shut down any business caught doing it.

Bro you worry too much. I'm in Florida, and in case you didn't know, we be crazy.

I know several guys that have done it, hell, people even advertise with the words " ERG DELETED " in them.

I don't know what businesses do, I'm talking personal use.

tsumatt06

Poster
Bro you worry too much. I'm in Florida, and in case you didn't know, we be crazy.

I know several guys that have done it, hell, people even advertise with the words " ERG DELETED " in them.

I don't know what businesses do, I'm talking personal use.
EGR delete and DPF delete are big differences. DPF delete is straight piping the exhaust and removing the filter. Plenty of people here black smoke as well. Spending thousands upon thousands to unfuck the truck when you want to trade it in is another problem. So, if you're planning on doing a DPF delete, that's great and all, but make sure the shop lets you keep your DPF. And ALWAYS wait until the factory warranty is up on a truck before doing anything that throws codes and has to be fixed with a tune. Dealerships can buttfuck your tune and then void your warranty.

RHT 3

Elite
EGR delete and DPF delete are big differences. DPF delete is straight piping the exhaust and removing the filter. Plenty of people here black smoke as well. Spending thousands upon thousands to unfuck the truck when you want to trade it in is another problem. So, if you're planning on doing a DPF delete, that's great and all, but make sure the shop lets you keep your DPF. And ALWAYS wait until the factory warranty is up on a truck before doing anything that throws codes and has to be fixed with a tune. Dealerships can buttfuck your tune and then void your warranty.

Hence why I recommended the 2011-2014.

Any later and GM started making life difficult with their computer programs.

MasturGator

Poster
Founder
Just live in a state where they don’t have nazi ass vehicle inspections. Like the GOAT Florida. I think the only inspections we have is for vehicles bought out of state and used vehicles, and it’s not an annual thing. They don’t test emissions. Pretty sure it isn’t much more than a cross check of the VIN to a lien/title.

EdgeBest

Poster
1989 land cruiser for sale I am considering as a weekender / investment . 8-11 mpg zfg
637461741877035490.jpg

EdgeBest

Poster
Just live in a state where they don’t have nazi ass vehicle inspections. Like the GOAT Florida. I think the only inspections we have is for vehicles bought out of state and used vehicles, and it’s not an annual thing. They don’t test emissions. Pretty sure it isn’t much more than a cross check of the VIN to a lien/title.
Can confirm. I buy a 2year registration online for $150. Zero inspections or taxes. No stupid front license plates either. Florida is the goat

RHT 3

Elite
1989 land cruiser for sale I am considering as a weekender / investment . 8-11 mpg zfg
637461741877035490.jpg

Badass and you only live once bitch.

Just the regular 1500 LTZ for me. No need for Deisel.

Silverado-1500-LTZ-Silver-Ice-Metallic.jpg

Also, no step-up. I am not a manlet.

Bro I'm 6'5" and use running boards. They save your seats from getting scraped to shit.

Astragalus

Poster
Founder
3438430C-3D90-4D4C-9815-D5821885105F.jpeg
Just got this one. It’s my 4th diesel. Love em. I’ve had three Fords and one Chevy. They’ve all been great trucks and no major issues. I will say that there is a bit more maintenance involved. They suck air like crazy, and the air filter needs to be replaced pretty regularlay, particularly if you drive off road a lot. Also, diesel fuel tends to be dirtier than gas, and the fuel filter needs to be replaced regularly as well. Also, my last truck (Ford) had some type of organic coolant that became acidic over time. There was a buffer additive that had to be added to the coolant periodically. This new one doesn’t have that issue, so they must have fixed it. Finally, there’s the hassle of having to add DEF in trucks made after 2013. All in all, it‘s not too big of a deal, and I don’t plan to ever go back to a gasser.

Last edited:

Astragalus

Poster
Founder
I guess I've never noticed an issue with that.

I like the cleaner look and the ground clearance too.
They now have retractable running boards. Best of both worlds. Only problem is, if you hop out of the truck quickly before the running boards deploy, you can get tripped up. I about killed myself hopping out to check the mail yesterday.

PawPower1981

I love those 👩🏻‍🦰
Founder
This is a great video, explains the whole delete/don’t delete how that govt regulations have cucked Diesel engines. Thx Libs...

OculusTiger

Poster
In looking at these right now too.

i should say i have the slt version. Same color. Interior the same as the Denali. Only differences were the front, 6.2 liter vs 5.3 liter engine, and the retractable running boards. i couldn’t justify the price difference between the two and love it so far

RHT 3

Elite
GM has stopped using Allison transmissions, they now use their own 10 speed which is " approved by Allison " or some stupid shit.

If RAM could somehow wiggle their way into getting that Allison tranny into their Cummins truck it would be unstoppable.

A six speed tranny is perfect for a diesel truck IMO.

Top Bottom