Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

** TENNESSEE HC SEARCH / 2021 EDITION **

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Is Gus a real name in the search. If so, LOLOLOL. UTk may get back to a respectable 8-5 and will beat Bama every few years.
I have no idea, but I've got my fingers crossed

tenor.gif

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
Did a nuclear bomb go off in Knoxville? If even a quarter of what is being reported is true, then this is SMU bad. It’s gonna be a hell of time to hire a coach until the NCAA drops the hammer.

Hb35

Poster
If Peyton is on the search committee, no way he even talks to Freeze for what Hugh did to Archie at OM.
I thought they were tight? Do You just mean Freeze embarrassed Archie after Archie helped get him there, or something happened?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
What’s the latest? Think I killed the other one

tnboles

Poster
Founder
AD should be announced later today.

We are hearing O’Brien, Chadwell, Steele likely the leading candidates. But new AD will make the hire.

A bunch of talent in the portal.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
How long can it really take to name Kevin Steele HC?

I've been hearing that a great offensive coordinator is not off the table and to "think outside the box." VolQuest mods are pushing Tony Elliott from Clemson but I think White is looking at Joe Brady. My guy gave me Danny White's name so he knows what's up, but I don't think he knows what White will do. VQ mods are obviously hearing the same thing I am because I've seen them use the phrase "outside the box" multiple times since White was hired.

Having Steele gives them flexibility with a young innovative offensive minded coach IMO. Steele can handle the defense and even recruiting to an extent allowing a young guy to focus on offense and being a new HC in the SEC.

Brady probably wants to stay in the NFL but the teams he could take over right now are complete messes. If Tennessee is willing to pay $7m/yr I think that would be extremely attractive. If you can't get a NFL gig the next step down is the SEC.

The other name I've heard is Kliff Kingsbury. That seems to simply be a guess.

In the box guys are Napier, Campbell, Chadwell, Kiffin, Fickle, Heupel, Steele, and Herman. I think only a few of those guys would take the job and any AD could have hired the guys that would.

Rusty Strings

Poster
I've been hearing that a great offensive coordinator is not off the table and to "think outside the box." VolQuest mods are pushing Tony Elliott from Clemson but I think White is looking at Joe Brady. My guy gave me Danny White's name so he knows what's up, but I don't think he knows what White will do. VQ mods are obviously hearing the same thing I am because I've seen them use the phrase "outside the box" multiple times since White was hired.

Having Steele gives them flexibility with a young innovative offensive minded coach IMO. Steele can handle the defense and even recruiting to an extent allowing a young guy to focus on offense and being a new HC in the SEC.

Brady probably wants to stay in the NFL but the teams he could take over right now are complete messes. If Tennessee is willing to pay $7m/yr I think that would be extremely attractive. If you can't get a NFL gig the next step down is the SEC.

The other name I've heard is Kliff Kingsbury. That seems to simply be a guess.

In the box guys are Napier, Campbell, Chadwell, Kiffin, Fickle, Heupel, Steele, and Herman. I think only a few of those guys would take the job and any AD could have hired the guys that would.
You're delusional if you think Any of those OCs are coming to a dumpster fire that's about to be put on probation.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
You're delusional if you think Any of those OCs are coming to a dumpster fire that's about to be put on probation.

The NCAA isn't going to do shit. We'll implement a bowl ban (bowls are meaningless anyway), take away a handful of scholarships maybe and be done with it. We fired 3 coaches and forced the AD to retire. If the NCAA hammers Tennessee the days of self reporting violations are over.

I doubt White comes to Tennessee if he thought we'd get hammered. He's turned down "bigger" jobs before.

Rusty Strings

Poster
The NCAA isn't going to do shit. We'll implement a bowl ban (bowls are meaningless anyway), take away a handful of scholarships maybe and be done with it. We fired 3 coaches and forced the AD to retire. If the NCAA hammers Tennessee the days of self reporting violations are over.

I doubt White comes to Tennessee if he thought we'd get hammered. He's turned down "bigger" jobs before.
Yeah, good luck with that. Multiple level 1 infractions don't get handled by a bowl ban.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
Have you paid attention to how the ncaa handles things like this?

Probation. Fines. Show causes for coaches. Bowl ban. Reduction in scholarships.

Tennessee's admin basically did all of the NCAA's work for them. Head coach, two assistants, and multiple other staffers fired for cause. They were all hiding it from the compliance office.

If you think the death penalty or something resembling the South Cal/Penn St punishments are coming I'm interested in your take.

TJHall1

Legendary
Probation. Fines. Show causes for coaches. Bowl ban. Reduction in scholarships.

Tennessee's admin basically did all of the NCAA's work for them. Head coach, two assistants, and multiple other staffers fired for cause. They were all hiding it from the compliance office.

If you think the death penalty or something resembling the South Cal/Penn St punishments are coming I'm interested in your take.
I was agreeing with you......nothing will happen.

Jakethedog

Legendary
Founder

Just wait until you figure out that Saban was a secret witness that testified about Tennessee's transgressions.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
Is that considered good?

Probably the best coach we've had since Kiffin but he's not moving the needle. If he can bring Lebby from Ole Miss like some are claiming and then retain Steele as DC, maybe we can win 7-8 games a year. I'll take beating UK, Mizzou, Carl's Jr, and Vandy every year at this point. Maybe UF or UGA has a bunch of injuries and Saban dies, we can sneak in a 10 win season somewhere along the way.

MikeHunt78

Poster
Probably the best coach we've had since Kiffin but he's not moving the needle. If he can bring Lebby from Ole Miss like some are claiming and then retain Steele as DC, maybe we can win 7-8 games a year. I'll take beating UK, Mizzou, Carl's Jr, and Vandy every year at this point. Maybe UF or UGA has a bunch of injuries and Saban dies, we can sneak in a 10 win season somewhere along the way.
Time to jump on the Heupe train!

Top Bottom