Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

So, uh Freddie Freeman is a Dodger now?

TJHall1

Legendary
Well to be fair the Braves beat the dodgers last year
giphy.webp

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
If what Freddie says is true then the braves basically told him to leave by barely contacting him at all.
This is probably true. The Braves are mainly owned by liberty media. They’re probably going to coast for another 20 years and live off this ws title.

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
Freddie asked for a fuck ton of money for a 32 year old. AA (the GM) doesn’t play big money deals

I love Freddie but for the money he was asking they got

Olson 1b
McHugh bullpen
Jansen bullpen
Rosario OF (NL champ mvp)
Alex Dickerson (OF depth)

I’ll take that 8 days a week

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Huge pickup for the Dodgers that gets Muncy into an everyday situation at 2B rather than playing 1B. We will probably win the next 4 World Series. Need to kick Trevor Bauer to the curb and go get another starter.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Do we really believe this?

I am guessing that Freemans agent negotiated to get only what Freeman wanted from the Braves and was not willing to take anything negotiate in good faith. IOW, Freeman was not budging at all. So the Braves said, thanks for the memories. Which I can't blame the Braves for. Besides all that money they saved, they were comfortably able to land multiple guys that make the team much deeper and possibly better.

denn

Legendary
Founder
The way players are developed and then acquired in MLB has made it a game that tilts in favor of the rich...and has made the regular season hard to watch in a whole lot of cities...
Definitely. Also, the whole idea of revenue sharing doesn't help when those receiving monies do not invest back into the franchise. There are some who do try and spend that money to compete but too many of those owners are putting that money right into ownerships pockets and not back into the franchise.

RollyInRaleigh

Legendary
Definitely. Also, the whole idea of revenue sharing doesn't help when those receiving monies do not invest back into the franchise. There are some who do try and spend that money to compete but too many of those owners are putting that money right into ownerships pockets and not back into the franchise.
Kinda like those bills in the US Congress....

denn

Legendary
Founder

Chipper is correct. If Freeman wanted to stay in Atlanta, he would have. He chose to follow his agent and not his heart. Nothing wrong with that but don't say you want to be somewhere and have a great offer to do so and then have your representation contradict that totally. It is not a good look. Just be honest. Most of us would go to the place that offered more money and years to the contract. Especially when this may be his last big money deal in his career.

utv2316

Elite
Founder
Chipper is correct. If Freeman wanted to stay in Atlanta, he would have. He chose to follow his agent and not his heart. Nothing wrong with that but don't say you want to be somewhere and have a great offer to do so and then have your representation contradict that totally. It is not a good look. Just be honest. Most of us would go to the place that offered more money and years to the contract. Especially when this may be his last big money deal in his career.
Except if you look at the net present value of Freddie's contract with the Dodgers, he is making less in six years with the Dodgers than he would have made in 5 years with the Braves. If I were him, I would hang his agent.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Except if you look at the net present value of Freddie's contract with the Dodgers, he is making less in six years with the Dodgers than he would have made in 5 years with the Braves. If I were him, I would hang his agent.
Yeah, I get that. I was generalizing more than anything but your point is a good one. I don't blame the agent however. Freeman is an adult and he is the one who pays the agent. Making him the boss of said agent. Freddie could have made his own decision and who knows, maybe he did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom