Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shocker - Dems fuck up legalized weed.

BigBucnNole

Elite
The problem with weed is it's an established and accepted black market and can be grown just about anywhere. They were never going to get any tax money the second they tried to put legal hoops to jump through and when you make it recreational, all that does is allow the black market weed to be smoked out in the open.

Tax argument, if I had to guess, likely assumed the black market disappeared. Which is impossible.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
The problem with weed is it's an established and accepted black market and can be grown just about anywhere. They were never going to get any tax money the second they tried to put legal hoops to jump through and when you make it recreational, all that does is allow the black market weed to be smoked out in the open.

Tax argument, if I had to guess, likely assumed the black market disappeared. Which is impossible.
How about alcohol? We tax that fairly efficiently.

BigBucnNole

Elite
How about alcohol? We tax that fairly efficiently.

Alcohol, good alcohol, is harder to produce than weed. Then the storage, distribution network and warehousing costs on top of that.

Reason why folks like Al Capone and Pablo Escobar got so filthy wealthy was because of the expense behind production and distribution networks. They solved a market barrier problems and received a premium for the markets being blackmarkets.

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
That is exactly how it was sold. All the impossibilities and absurdities around government overreach were predicted.

But, no amount of logic, common sense and reason could pierce through the fog of the mental disorder known as Liberalism.

BigBucnNole

Elite
That is exactly how it was sold. All the impossibilities and absurdities around government overreach were predicted.

But, no amount of logic, common sense and reason could pierce through the fog of the mental disorder known as Liberalism.

They were working with baseline of assumptions comparing it to tobacco. They regulate the shit out of it and tax it. It's a crop too.

That comparison doesn't work because there are very limited areas where you can grow tobacco, and then you need a set of warehousing to dry and store it. None of which is required for decent weed.

I would not be surprised if weed were fully legalized it became akin to something like growing okra, or tomatoes in the backyard. Then you'd have a limited specialty market for the higher quality stuff. Not sure the business plan works for mass production and packaging of weed like cigarettes or booze.

You may be able to do a form of corporate farming, but it'll still be dirt cheap like vegetables.

Latest posts

Top Bottom