Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Share an obscure song from a hugely famous band/musician

Rva

Was in the original thread from day one trophy 🏆
Founder
The first time I saw Pat Green was 1995 at Bash Riprocks. I was a sophomore in high school and some how we got in. I threw up on my shirt. They called me Pukie for the rest of the night.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
My favorite and I swear could have been written about my family. (as all of us with west Texas/Panhandle roots will attest. Good clean living) I point out certain relatives every time. 🤣
My parents are from Dumas. Family spread from Dumas to Borger to Tulia to Plainview to Muleshoe and Lubbock. Hell, we just throw in Hereford and Merkel. We're everywhere.

My parents were the only ones to move to Dallas and raise their girls. (With stints in Lubbock and Cedar Park before heading back to DFW)

No better people than panhandle/WT people. And we're hilarious.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
An under the radar tune from one of my favorite bands, who happen to be from my hometown of Spartanburg, S.C. This from a live recording at Nassau Colliseum, The Marshall Tucker Band - If I Could See You One More Time-

Love that song!

I went to WCU. MTB was a staple on our party song list.

Haven't listened to them in years. Thanks for this. 😊

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I went to WCU. MTB was a staple on our party song list.

Haven't listened to them in years. Thanks for this. 😊

Enjoy! Not sure how much of their stuff you know, but besides their big hits, check out In My Own Way. Another really good song.

Last January my girlfriend and I visited Chicago, where we saw my favorite blues musician, Buddy Guy, play his club, and got to meet him. Such an awesome trip. The next weekend we visited my parents in Spartanburg and went to a small local concert being put on by a guy we know. The MTB drummer, Paul Riddle played with them. My Dad knows him, because they all went to HS together, and he was married to my uncle's sister for many years...anyway, Dad introduced us all, and it was hilarious to see my wine-drunk girlfriend all star struck. She looked like a kid on Christmas morning, probably the same I did in Chicago lmao. We don't meet alot of famous people haha.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Enjoy! Not sure how much of their stuff you know, but besides their big hits, check out In My Own Way. Another really good song.

Last January my girlfriend and I visited Chicago, where we saw my favorite blues musician, Buddy Guy, play his club, and got to meet him. Such an awesome trip. The next weekend we visited my parents in Spartanburg and went to a small local concert being put on by a guy we know. The MTB drummer, Paul Riddle played with them. My Dad knows him, because they all went to HS together, and he was married to my uncle's sister for many years...anyway, Dad introduced us all, and it was hilarious to see my wine-drunk girlfriend all star struck. She looked like a kid on Christmas morning, probably the same I did in Chicago lmao.
😅 so cool.

I know most of their stuff. Just been a while since I've listened.

MTB and Drivin and Cryin were guaranteed in the girls' pre-party rotation. (Which was also the longest, most epic skip-bo tournament in history. It was the early 90s in Cullowhee. Everything was a drinking game.)

My girls wanted to teach me 'asshole' and 'bullshit' over Christmas break. I let them and amazed them with my beginners luck and ability to catch on so fast. 🤣

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
😅 so cool.

MTB and Drivin and Cryin were guaranteed in the girls' pre-party rotation. (Which was also the longest, most epic skip-bo tournament in history. It was the early 90s in Cullowhee. Everything was a drinking game. 🤣)
Have seen Drivin & Cryin a couple of times at the Windjammer at Isle of Palms. Loved those guys in the late 90's. Fly Me Couragous is a great one, and though overplayed, I still jam out Straight to Hell pretty often.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Have seen Drivin & Cryin a couple of times at the Windjammer at Isle of Palms. Loved those guys in the late 90's. Fly Me Couragous is a great one, and though overplayed, I still jam out Straight to Hell pretty often.
Straight to Hell will get me singing every time.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Had forgotten about this little gem-

Now I'm on a furious download spree of memory lane.

Pretty sure I've seen most of those homes in the video in person. Was in Bethune a couple of months before the world lost its mind. And I tend to take the back and dirt roads. I can still drive you down the dirt road from Western to Highlands. Did it a couple of years ago on a round about route to Florida and freaked my kids out. They thought I had lost my mind and got them lost in the middle of nowhere.

Won't be too long til I'm back out in Western Carolina. Probably SC.

WestcampTX

Elite
Founder
😅 so cool.

MTB and Drivin and Cryin were guaranteed in the girls' pre-party rotation. (Which was also the longest, most epic skip-bo tournament in history. It was the early 90s in Cullowhee. Everything was a drinking game.)

My girls wanted to teach me 'asshole' and 'bullshit' over Christmas break. I let them and amazed them with my beginners luck and ability to catch on so fast. 🤣
Skip-Bo, now there’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. My mom is pretty proud of her vintage original sets from Brownfield.

wdnole

Poster
The Who's best album, full of classics but this one is under the radar. I recently digitally bought the album, heard this song for the first time in at least 10 years... awesome little song, only problem is it is pretty short:

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
One of just of few of their later "come-back" album songs that I thought held up to their previous, hi-hi standards.

I see several mentions of Steely Dan in here. I discovered a couple of great songs after recently watching Classic Albums- Aja. I think it is on Prime, but found it on youtube for anyone interested. Basically it is Fagin and Becker sitting there with a soundboard, going through the album song by song for an hour. Good shit. Great album.

Here is the vid. I cut ahead to an interesting part with their drummer for Home at Last, a really good song I had not heard. The drummer plays and talks & it cuts back and forth between he and Donald & Walter for about 2-3 minutes in a cool little segment. Hell of a drummer, apparently.

Belezabro

Elite
Paul called it the best Beatles remake ever

g

This reminds me that I haven't listened to Gaye's album, What's Going On, in a long time. I didn't discover it until later in life, found it and love it. Used to listen on repeat.

Top Bottom