Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Share an obscure song from a hugely famous band/musician

Belezabro

Elite
Janes Addiction:

My Cat’s Name is Maceo or simply is a Jane’s Addiction song that was originally supposed to appear on the album Nothing’s Shocking. Originally titled just Maceo or Macio, it was felt the song sounded too “pop-ish” and did not fit the mood on the rest of the album.

Perry’s cat Maceo was named after Maceo Parker, a jazz horn player who used to play with James Brown. In 1997, Maceo Parker would lend his musical skills to update the demo version of this song found on the Kettle Whistle album.

Last edited:

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
This one could be considered obscure for the uninitiated. SRV had some success with this tune as a cover but Jimi wrote it and it kicks ass.

Great song. Great album too. Castles Made of Sand and Bold as Love are 2 others off that album that I love...probably a fan of Jimi's blues stuff the most though...but then I am a huge blues fan.

*Would insert youtube videos of Red House and Once I Had a Woman, if youtube had them.

skoerner

Poster
Maybe Sir Elton's best tune in my mind and I don't believe it was ever released as a single. It's off of Tumbleweed Connection from 1970. Early Elton is fantastic.

Currently spinning...

Attachments

• 20210125_215117.jpg
    20210125_215117.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 1

skoerner

Poster
Great song. Great album too. Castles Made of Sand and Bold as Love are 2 others off that album that I love...probably a fan of Jimi's blues stuff the most though...but then I am a huge blues fan.

*Would insert youtube videos of Red House and Once I Had a Woman, if youtube had them.

I celebrate his entire catalog. I own all three studio albums on vinyl and a bunch of post death compilations. If you're a Jimi blues man then I already know you've heard or own Radio One. If you haven't then you have some homework. It's as good as any of his three studio albums, IMHO.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Maybe Sir Elton's best tune in my mind and I don't believe it was ever released as a single. It's off of Tumbleweed Connection from 1970. Early Elton is fantastic.

Currently spinning...

Crazy how sometimes such great music is just never put out. Two of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs, both of which would probably be popular on the radio, were not released until years after Bonham died and they broke up.

Rva

Was in the original thread from day one trophy 🏆
Founder
Great, now I have to dive into music I haven’t listened to in 25 years. Here comes George’s Bar by Pat Green.

Top Bottom