Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Saturday dinner thread::

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
Biggest tip you can give for grilling steak?
I don’t like to grill on a super hot grill. Lots like to cook 400-450 for 6 minutes.

I like a cooler (275–300) grill and have some time to cook it. 2 minutes flip, 2 minutes flip. Usually 8 minutes total for medium rare-medium depending on thickness.

A big thing I learned was using a finger pressing Into the meat to determine doneness.

TJHall1

Legendary
I don’t like to grill on a super hot grill. Lots like to cook 400-450 for 6 minutes.

I like a cooler (275–300) grill and have some time to cook it. 2 minutes flip, 2 minutes flip. Usually 8 minutes total for medium rare-medium depending on thickness.

A big thing I learned was using a finger pressing Into the meat to determine doneness.
I get that fucker up to 6 hundy for steaks and chops. Sears the fuck outta them. Always love your dinner pics. Looks delish my man. I am gonna need some deets on the hash brown casserole.

PawPower1981

I love those 👩🏻‍🦰
Founder
9kxjxWP.jpg

Viking

Legendary
Founder
I do halibut and shrimp. So hard to get fresh wild shrimp here. Most of the time I pass on farm raised shrimp from Vietnam or India. Yuck. We do get these seasonal beauties and are delicious anyway you cook them but shine in a good shrimp and grits recipe. SKOL!
1647749285995.jpeg

TJHall1

Legendary
I do halibut and shrimp. So hard to get fresh wild shrimp here. Most of the time I pass on farm raised shrimp from Vietnam or India. Yuck. We do get these seasonal beauties and are delicious anyway you cook them but shine in a good shrimp and grits recipe. SKOL!
View attachment 87205
I seen a documentary on farm raised fish/shrimp/seafood a while back that’d make you never eat that shit again. Also, until yesterday I didn’t know halibut were such a fucked up looking fish. Always thought they prolly looked like other white fish types. And just a stupid fact but lobster are so fucking expensive now, but back in the mid 1900s they fed lobster to prisoners on the east coast because they were the garbage of the sea and cheap.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Grilling burgers. Potato salad with leftover potatoes from a crawfish boil we hosted last weekend.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Seems like I did burger night a day early. We did burgers on the blackstone last night

Top Bottom