Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Russia cuts Poland and Bulgaria off from Natural Gas

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Next winter will be rough but the electrical grid will fail soon, cuz they keep closing nuclear power and coal plants.
Yeah when they think wind and solar will out perform nuclear you have morons in charge. Solar has a legit application but you have to build enormous storage. I don't believe the tech is out there to even store 50% of what they could get. It is as strange as the people putting panels on their house. I get they can sell it back but you really need storage rather than on going shipments of electricity imho

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
I thought it had something to do with all the weapons that were being shipped through poland to kill Russian soldiers. .

They were serious about that ruble thing?
Yep, trying to keep a sustainable value to the ruble. They've actually been allowed to make several bond payments in rubles in lieu of dollars to cover debts recently.

As long as the ruble is accepted/used in trade a value remains.

Last edited:

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
Yeah when they think wind and solar will out perform nuclear you have morons in charge. Solar has a legit application but you have to build enormous storage. I don't believe the tech is out there to even store 50% of what they could get. It is as strange as the people putting panels on their house. I get they can sell it back but you really need storage rather than on going shipments of electricity imho
Green will NEVER provide the same as Nuclear. NEVER

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
5 points is a big ass recession.
It would take something like 125% of all US LNG shipments to replace Russian gas. Of course we can't send all our exports there and the truth is that there is now way to replace Russian gas. Cost is 4 times more than pipeline gas from Russia. The electricity grid will fail and heavy industry will have to shut down in Germany and several other countries. I truthfully don't want Putin to win but the reality is the EU needs Putin.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
It would take something like 125% of all US LNG shipments to replace Russian gas. Of course we can't send all our exports there and the truth is that there is now way to replace Russian gas. Cost is 4 times more than pipeline gas from Russia. The electricity grid will fail and heavy industry will have to shut down in Germany and several other countries. I truthfully don't want Putin to win but the reality is the EU needs Putin.
In the face of supply chains already fubar that would not be good to say the least.

Top Bottom