Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Roland Martin Marina

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Was suppose to go w my best friend @White Eagle to fish the okchobee swamp for a week.
BC of shit at work i can only go 1 full day. So im gonna drive charleston to bum fuck Florida to slay fish. I have all brand new gear Salt and freshwater. But ive been on the coast so long my freshwater skills have lost some luster.
Anyone w good tips?
I have all style and size of beetle spins. Im thinking I need about 4 types of mepps spinners.
I have all the worms and frogs hoolapoppers etc.
I guess im looking for a secret like shutting in a sock to catch the big catfish.
Any help appreciated

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I was just thinking again...@Croot_Overlord

Should i fly down to Bham. In my full duck armour? I just had that thought fly through my skull. Imagine the looks my mosquito net face mask would get

Peach-head

Poster
Was suppose to go w my best friend @White Eagle to fish the okchobee swamp for a week.
BC of shit at work i can only go 1 full day. So im gonna drive charleston to bum fuck Florida to slay fish. I have all brand new gear Salt and freshwater. But ive been on the coast so long my freshwater skills have lost some luster.
Anyone w good tips?
I have all style and size of beetle spins. Im thinking I need about 4 types of mepps spinners.
I have all the worms and frogs hoolapoppers etc.
I guess im looking for a secret like shutting in a sock to catch the big catfish.
Any help appreciated

We used to go stay there in college on spring break and do nothing but fish/drink/smoke all week long. Back then we were broke of course. The few times we could afford to buy those big shiners was mind blowing. Most of the time I just fished pearl white fluke and did pretty well. You can pull out 5 pounders like you would half pounders on an unmaintained farm pond.

the outskirts of the lake around there is like a road system with dredged lanes through the sawgrass leading to these big holes that I assume were mined for something. We just rode around to different holes and casted around the edges.

like I say this was back before fancy fish finders and being able to research how to fish the lake on the internet. We were limited to info we picked up at the marina and gut feel.

It’s a beautiful place and some of my bet memories were from fishing there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom