Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Recipe thread: just in time for the holiday season

PleasureMoose

Legendary
35x7buf1aa511.jpg

bbb9cbf2e70214d4f6ecc6ea448ce7e6.jpg

518109da4565b1f376720489d67cec49--nice-asses-girls-gallery.jpg

d02b32d37ebaecf020acbf87bb32073b_width-600.jpeg

skramer100

Elite
Founder
My wife is writing down her crawfish recipe, I will post it. If you want a solid cream corn recipe the one from Ad Hoc that is awesome. Even my son destroys this. I usually double the recipe because it is one of the first things to go.

Creamed Summer Corn​

from Ad Hoc at Home by Thomas Keller

serves 6

Ingredients​

6 ears super sweet white or yellow corn, shucked
1 large lime
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Kosher salt
¾ to 1 cup heavy cream
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1½ tablespoons finely chopped chives

Directions​

With a sharp chef’s knife, cut vertically down each ear of corn to slice off the kernels. Put the kernels in a large bowl, then hold each cob over the bowl and use a spoon or the back of a knife to scrape any remaining corn and the milk from the cob.

Grate the zest of the lime, preferably with a microplane graters; set aside. Cut the lime in half.

Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the corn, squeeze about 1 tablespoon lime juice or to taste, over the corn and season with salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until all the liquid has evaporated, concentrating the flavor and the corn is beginning to sizzle, 15-17 minutes.

Stir in ¾ cup cream, cayenne, and lime zest. Continue to cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until the cream is absorbed by the corn. Add up to ¼ cup more cream if desired for a creamier texture. Add salt to taste and stir in chives.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
My wife is writing down her crawfish recipe, I will post it. If you want a solid cream corn recipe the one from Ad Hoc that is awesome. Even my son destroys this. I usually double the recipe because it is one of the first things to go.

Creamed Summer Corn​

from Ad Hoc at Home by Thomas Keller

serves 6

Ingredients​

6 ears super sweet white or yellow corn, shucked
1 large lime
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Kosher salt
¾ to 1 cup heavy cream
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1½ tablespoons finely chopped chives

Directions​

With a sharp chef’s knife, cut vertically down each ear of corn to slice off the kernels. Put the kernels in a large bowl, then hold each cob over the bowl and use a spoon or the back of a knife to scrape any remaining corn and the milk from the cob.

Grate the zest of the lime, preferably with a microplane graters; set aside. Cut the lime in half.

Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the corn, squeeze about 1 tablespoon lime juice or to taste, over the corn and season with salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until all the liquid has evaporated, concentrating the flavor and the corn is beginning to sizzle, 15-17 minutes.

Stir in ¾ cup cream, cayenne, and lime zest. Continue to cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until the cream is absorbed by the corn. Add up to ¼ cup more cream if desired for a creamier texture. Add salt to taste and stir in chives.
About damn time! Thanks man, looks good

skramer100

Elite
Founder
OK, now I will post some of my wife's. She made this stuff up by throwing shit in a pan.

Chipotle Cranberry Relish

2 chipotle peppers from a can of chipotle in adobe
1 12 oz package fresh cranberries
1 and 1/3 cup sugar
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice and zest of lemon
3 tbsp fresh orange juice and zest of orange
1 smal garlic clove minced
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt

Directions:
Heat first 5 ingredients in saucepan until sugar has melted and cranberries have popped.
Add remaining 3 ingredients and simmer for another 5 minutes. Turn off heat and Smash cranberries a bit to get to a chutney like consistency. Let cool to room temp and serve. Can be made a couple days in advance. Keep refrigerated and pull out day of and bring to room temp.

My dad loves this recipe. Has told my wife she can not change it.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Crawfish Gravy

1lb thick bacon (cut into thin lardons)
6 tbsp AP Flour
finely chopped trinity
1 small yellow onion,
1 small green bell pepper,
2 stalks celery
1/4 seeded jalepeno
2 tsp cajun spice mix (ex. Tony Chachere's creole seasoning)
3 cups seafood broth (or chicken but not as good)
1 lb peeled crawfish tails coarsely chopped.(use frozen if fresh not available. Make sure to rinse.)
cayenne to taste
1/2 cup chopped scallions

In a cast Iron pan saute bacon, remove when done and save bacon drippings in bowl except for 6 tbsp
whisk in flour to make a roux (one shade darker than peanut butter) 10 minutes or so (constant stirring w/low heat)
Add trinity w/ jalapeño and saute 20 minutes or until translucent
Increase heat and add bacon (I usually add half of the bacon but up to the chef on the amount) , cajun spice, broth and simmer for 20 more minutes
stir in crawfish and simmer until tails curl
garnish with salt and pepper, cayenne, green onion

Can be made ahead of time. Store in fridge and reheat. Serve hot.

t_money86

Legendary
Founder
So, uhhhh, any recipes? Or just whores in the kitchen and memes?

The Gruyere makes this recipe. Flavor is great.

Macaroni and Cheese Casserole

Ingredients:

1 pound elbow macaroni

5 tablespoons butter, plus more to grease baking dish

½ cup flour

6 cups milk

6 oz of grated cheddar cheese

8 oz of grated Gruyere cheese (in deli section in chunks, must grate yourself)

1 ½ teaspoon salt

Steps:

1. Preheat oven @ 350 degrees
  2. Cook macaroni according to directions (boil and drain)
  3. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat, sprinkle flour over top stirring constantly for 2 minutes,
  4. While still stirring, slowly add milk
  5. Cook until sauce has thickened (approximately 7 minutes)
  6. Add grated cheeses, salt and stir until melted
  7. Pour macaroni into greased baking dish
  8. Pour melted cheese over top of macaroni
  9. Sprinkle paprika over top for decoration (optional)
  10. Bake 25 to 30 minutes

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
Green Chile cheddar grits or jalapeño cheddar grits for those that have no idea what green Chile is. You can also add bacon to both. Pure fookin Fire. Every thanksgiving we have them.

TJHall1

Legendary
Cheesy Cauliflower bake

1 large head Cauliflower
6 slices bacon
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
8 ounce baby Bella mushrooms chopped
Green onion as you like
I clove minced garlic
Salt
Pepper

Cook bacon and crumble. I buy hormel bacon pieces pre cooked.
Steam Cauliflower 15 mins.
Combine 1/2 of cheese, 1/2 of bacon, green onion, mayo, sour cream, mushrooms, cooked Cauliflower and then salt and pepper to taste.
Spread in a casserole dish and top with rest of cheese and bacon. Sometimes I top with panko. Bake 15-20 at 425.

Jtrain80

Legendary
Since I only cook eggs, oatmeal, and sandwiches; my favorite Thanksgiving dish is green bean casserole.

Favorite meal was the year we boycotted all the bullshit and went to Hooters. Nothing like asking for a table for 5 with a high chair at Hooters.

Top Bottom