Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PGA and LIV announce merger today.....stopping all litiagtion.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Instead of being against those who went to the LIV, the PGA players should be praising them. Notice none of the PGA players have offered to give back any of their increases in payouts. The love of money is the root of all evil.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
The price of the tour just jumped up big time today. Guessing in order to do that he will need some other deep pocketed people to join him.

I believe the biggest losers, no so much from a $$ perspective but from a show yourself perspective, are all those guys who threw away life long friendships because their "friend" took a better paying job. They all acted like spoiled brats, Especially Rory and even guys like Fred Couples showed their dooshiness (and Couples can be a big time doosh bag without trashing fellow players.) Imagine being such a princess that you won't be friends with someone who took a job better for their own career?
THIS IS IT........

Everytime I think about it.....I shake my head and.....

200w.gif

denn

Legendary
Founder
PGA found couch cushion money and started paying more when players broke away to the LIV. PGA always was fat with cash and held the money back from the players. LIV proved they can pay and now PGA can pay as well
Absolutely. Something like 4% of profits went to the players purses from week to week. Which is terrible.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
The alleged threats by the PGA towards the LIV players is pure vindictiveness. I suspect if they try to impose monetary penalties or a slush fund to compensate those PGA players who stayed you'll see more litigation. What the LIV players did was tantamount to Curt Flood's lawsuit bursting MLB's reserve clause. It ushered in free agency. Look at how much pro players worldwide in most pro sports have benefited since Flood's suit.

The PGA players need to be channeling their butt hurt feelings towards the PGA Tour not the LIV players. The departure to the LIV increased the purses significantly and altered some of the rules and qualifications. It showed PGA players just how much money was being generated and withheld from them. The PGA merged to avoid having to open their finances for all to see. The departure of LIV players also allowed more players, especially newbies, a better opportunity to make cuts and earn money. How many of those players would have made the cut had many of the LIV players still played on the PGA tour? Maybe 20% of the field?

Those PGA players who are expressing hatred towards the LIV players in light of the merger shows a lot of envy and jealousy on their part for not going for the gold when offered.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Dang, things getting chippy.

BurntJ

Founder
Look, this was all settled to avoid DISCOVERY and LOSING THE ANTI-TRUST case.

1) PGA would have LOST their 501C Tax exempt status... (THIS CRUSHES THE PGA)
2) They would def LOSE the case...... (you literally had Ari E come out and say he was going to invest 1 billion BUT Jay M reached out and asked him NOT TO as they have alot of business with the PGA. JFC this is literally BIDEN threatening the Ukraine Prosecutor level obvious.)

Now the PGA may lose fans, players, and change leadership BUT UNLIKE the PAC12, BIG12, and ACC will still EXIST once the smoke clears.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Look, this was all settled to avoid DISCOVERY and LOSING THE ANTI-TRUST case.

1) PGA would have LOST their 501C Tax exempt status... (THIS CRUSHES THE PGA)
2) They would def LOSE the case...... (you literally had Ari E come out and say he was going to invest 1 billion BUT Jay M reached out and asked him NOT TO as they have alot of business with the PGA. JFC this is literally BIDEN threatening the Ukraine Prosecutor level obvious.)

Now the PGA may lose fans, players, and change leadership BUT UNLIKE the PAC12, BIG12, and ACC will still EXIST once the smoke clears.
I may start watching the PGA tour regularly again. I will still root against Rory as much as one can, he is such an insufferable d-bag. Let it go man. Try to mend the lifelong friendships you destroyed because you are too stubborn. I am glad I was never a fan of him.

The PGA tour would cease to exist if they went to discovery in that trial. They were so used to doing whatever they wanted without recourse....well the LIV called them on it and we have yesterday happen. Monohan would never admit to it, but when everyone ese in golf already knows the story, he doesn't have to.

BurntJ

Founder
I may start watching the PGA tour regularly again. I will still root against Rory as much as one can, he is such an insufferable d-bag. Let it go man. Try to mend the lifelong friendships you destroyed because you are too stubborn. I am glad I was never a fan of him.

The PGA tour would cease to exist if they went to discovery in that trial. They were so used to doing whatever they wanted without recourse....well the LIV called them on it and we have yesterday happen. Monohan would never admit to it, but when everyone ese in golf already knows the story, he doesn't have to.
Again....PERFECT RESPONSE!!

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
The PGA is going to get in deep shit if they go through fining or restricting LIV golfers from returning to the tour. They'll say it's bad for the player to take money from Saudi and they must be punished but OK for the PGA to take it. Lawyers are waiting in the wings.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
e PGA is going to get in deep shit if they go through fining or restricting LIV golfers from returning to the tour. They'll say it's bad for the player to take money from Saudi and they must be punished but OK for the PGA to take it. Lawyers are
The Saudis are in control of the PGA now. PGA is all in now.

This is a good life lesson for Rory.

denn

Legendary
Founder
The PGA is going to get in deep shit if they go through fining or restricting LIV golfers from returning to the tour. They'll say it's bad for the player to take money from Saudi and they must be punished but OK for the PGA to take it. Lawyers are waiting in the wings.
Yeah, that makes total sense. The Saudis also run the PGA tour now. with Moynahan as its day to day guy. The PGA would essentially be suing itself if that were to happen. right?

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Yeah, that makes total sense. The Saudis also run the PGA tour now. with Moynahan as its day to day guy. The PGA would essentially be suing itself if that were to happen. right?
Not the PGA suing the PGA. It would be LIV golfers suing the PGA if the PGA imposes fines or make those players contribute to a fund to compensate the non-LIV golfers for not going LIV and therefore not reaping the windfall the LIV golfers did. In other words, make the LIV golfers make restitution to the non-LIV golfers as a condition of rejoining the PGA.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Not the PGA suing the PGA. It would be LIV golfers suing the PGA if the PGA imposes fines or make those players contribute to a fund to compensate the non-LIV golfers for not going LIV and therefore not reaping the windfall the LIV golfers did. In other words, make the LIV golfers make restitution to the non-LIV golfers as a condition of rejoining the PGA.

No way the LIV would allow that. They essentially bought the PGA it is not really a merger.

BurntJ

Founder
Ugh....JM just came out and said he was going to make the loyal golfers "whole"......

that's code for: the LIV guys are just gonna get a small slap (if anything).....and I'm not sure that LIV/PIF will allow it......since they are funding this deal. So they will probably just give the PGA guys a small concession and (ho hum) whistle right along........

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Ugh....JM just came out and said he was going to make the loyal golfers "whole"......

that's code for: the LIV guys are just gonna get a small slap (if anything).....and I'm not sure that LIV/PIF will allow it......since they are funding this deal. So they will probably just give the PGA guys a small concession and (ho hum) whistle right along........
Don't know what will happen. However, the talking heads on the Golf Channel and elsewhere have been talking since this was announced about having the LIV players pay fines or contribute to a pool to make the loyal ones "whole". Every player of any consequence was likely offered money to go the LIV route. Some did and some didn't. Now, those who didn't are butt hurt and want those who did to pay them some of their gains. BS. If the PGA wants to give Rory, Schleffler, Spieth, et al, something, that's their business. To have the LIV golfers pay it will lead to lawsuits.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Don't know what will happen. However, the talking heads on the Golf Channel and elsewhere have been talking since this was announced about having the LIV players pay fines or contribute to a pool to make the loyal ones "whole". Every player of any consequence was likely offered money to go the LIV route. Some did and some didn't. Now, those who didn't are butt hurt and want those who did to pay them some of their gains. BS. If the PGA wants to give Rory, Schleffler, Spieth, et al, something, that's their business. To have the LIV golfers pay it will lead to lawsuits.
If a ruling fines the LIV golfers for anything and gives it to the ones who chose another route, i will stop watching the PGA tour altogether. Possibly stop watching any golf for that matter. If Rory gets a dime out f this, I am done with them!

AgEngDawg

Legendary

LOL, "whole"!!! They will get sent $35 Walmart Gift Cards.

This is a great lesson for those fellas. They should be paying for this education.

BurntJ

Founder
Wait so people who HAD NO CLUE WHAT WAS GOING ON prior to yesterday....are now the people you are listening to for advice on what has been/is happening.

No FUCKIN way Phil is paying any PGA FAGGIT! The shit he has taken over this should mean every PGA player/executive pays him....or at least gives him the raise they are getting thanks to his move.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Wait so people who HAD NO CLUE WHAT WAS GOING ON prior to yesterday....are now the people you are listening to for advice on what has been/is happening.

No FUCKIN way Phil is paying any PGA FAGGIT! The shit he has taken over this should mean every PGA player/executive pays him....or at least gives him the raise they are getting thanks to his move.
Yup. No way any player gives once cent. I think they would rather lose money be represented in litigation than give ass asses like Rory anything.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Yup. No way any player gives once cent. I think they would rather lose money be represented in litigation than give ass asses like Rory anything.
Yep, there is no real alternative league. There is no driver to just hand over hundreds of millions to the "loyal" pga golfers. No one...........................especially Saudis...........just hands over hundreds of millions of dollars with no driver for it. Just out of the goodness of their heart with nothing driving it!

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

Exactly. For any of the talking heads or others to even suggest that the LIV golfers pay restitution or a penalty to rejoin the PGA tour is nitwittery. But, it has been expressed. If the PGA tries to impose it there will be lawsuits. From what I hear the details of this merger haven't been hammered out. I suspect anything like this idea will never make it into the final documents.

Top Bottom