Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PGA and LIV announce merger today.....stopping all litiagtion.

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
  • PIF will make a capital investment into the new entity to facilitate its growth and success.
  • PIF will initially be the exclusive investor in the new entity
  • Going forward, PIF will have the exclusive right to further invest in the new entity, including a right of first refusal on any capital that may be invested in the new entity, including into the PGA TOUR, LIV Golf and DP World Tour.
The PGA Tour is appointing the majority of board members in the new entity, but with PIF money pulling the strings there I'm not sure how meaningful that is. Looks a lot the Saudis just acquired the PGA Tour.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Chamblee, lol. He is a try too hard turd. Of course he was wrong about the LIV. He was wrong to go after everyone he did in regards to wanting a better paying job. He was never a great tour player but boy does he talk like he was. No respect for that guy.

I think I now understand why Rory started to come off of his high horse a bit in regards to LIV. My guess is he knew and was told to tone it down. I am also guessing Phil knew and why he was more vocal and coy lately.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
So the LIV players got freaking paid and the guys who stuck by the PGA get shafted?

They took a smart risk, and it paid off.

The biggest loser was Tiger. If the rumors are true, he turned down $1 billion.

IMO, Tiger will attempt to buy the PGAT in a few years or start his own league. I think his "e-golf" league is a trial run for the real thing.

denn

Legendary
Founder
They took a smart risk, and it paid off.

The biggest loser was Tiger. If the rumors are true, he turned down $1 billion.

IMO, Tiger will attempt to buy the PGAT in a few years or start his own league. I think his "e-golf" league is a trial run for the real thing.
The price of the tour just jumped up big time today. Guessing in order to do that he will need some other deep pocketed people to join him.

I believe the biggest losers, no so much from a $$ perspective but from a show yourself perspective, are all those guys who threw away life long friendships because their "friend" took a better paying job. They all acted like spoiled brats, Especially Rory and even guys like Fred Couples showed their dooshiness (and Couples can be a big time doosh bag without trashing fellow players.) Imagine being such a princess that you won't be friends with someone who took a job better for their own career?

Taggart

Elite
Founder
oof-old-man.gif

denn

Legendary
Founder
All the LIV did was usher in free agency into pro golf. Strange people were against that but in favor of free agency in the other pro sports and the transfer portal in professional college sports.
It had to happen. Guaranteed contracts in the mold of what LIV started was as well. Funny it took the Saudis to make that even more clear. The major tours, until now, have fought against it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom