Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pet peeves

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Any of my relatives still in Ohio are likely not driving more than around town although one is a long haul trucker and spends more time out of Ohio than there. If there are any driving Ohio highways and dodging Jeeps they are in generations below me and we've likely never met. I haven't been to Ohio in decades except on a train trip from Philly to Chicago.
This summer alone...I will be driving to Indy, Philly, Maryland, NJ, Indy (again) Columbus, Cincy, Oxford, Cleveland, Dallas, and hopefully Scottsdale.

Already drove to Dallas with a 9 week old puppy,(Arkansas, we need to have a little talk) Florida, Oxford and Columbia.

I'm the woman that threw 3 kids in the car and drove to California and back. 17 states in one amazing road trip.

I drive. A lot.

If your relative hauls for Landstar...I might have a few choice words.😅

Last edited:

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Okay... on a lighter note.. when my kids' friends (and my friends' kids) graduate and are real adults.. trying to get through to them that they can address me by my actual name. Punkinz... if you're drinking with me, we're on a first name basis.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
And the speeders aren't?
Almost never. Speed doesn't kill. That's a farce. If speed killed then the Autobahn would lead the world in auto related deaths.

The Autobahn recently added some sections with speed limits. Wrecks increased by 30%. Imagine that. Forcing cars to be closer to each other caused more wrecks. Similarly to how forcing a bottleneck causes wrecks.

Get out of the way. Free up traffic. Save lives.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Almost never. Speed doesn't kill. That's a farce. If speed killed then the Autobahn would lead the world in auto related deaths.

The Autobahn recently added some sections with speed limits. Wrecks increased by 30%. Imagine that. Forcing cars to be closer to each other caused more wrecks. Similarly to how forcing a bottleneck causes wrecks.

Get out of the way. Free up traffic. Save lives.

I always say if the cops really cared about making us safer on the roads, they'd go hard after slow left lane drivers and tailgaters...but speeding tickets are way easier to write, and do pay the bills. The cops in my small community are just tax collectors with guns, really.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
I always say if the cops really cared about making us safer on the roads, they'd go hard after slow left lane drivers and tailgaters...but speeding tickets are way easier to write, and do pay the bills. The cops in my small community are just tax collectors with guns, really.
I repeat... my friend got pulled and cited for impeding traffic. She was technically speeding, but not enough in the left lane on 635. She was holding up traffic. Cop pulled and cited her. She took it to court. Even hired an attorney. Judge found her 'guilty. She would have paid a lesser fine if the officer had cited her for speeding.

Lesson learned. Move your ass out of the way.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I repeat... my friend got pulled and cited for impeding traffic. She was technically speeding, but not enough in the left lane on 635. She was holding up traffic. Cop pulled and cited her. She took it to court. Even hired an attorney. Judge found her 'guilty. She would have paid a lesser fine if the officer had cited her for speeding.

I bet they write 1000 speeding tickets for every one like your friend got. Shame, speeding isn't even all that dangerous.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

Funny (not really) enough...I regularly blow by the always there state troopers on 75. Never hit the brakes. They don't care. I'm not who they're watching for. They're looking for the trafficking.

Here is SC, the little towns along the interstates like to draw their city limits so they include the interstate. So the town might be a mile or 2 from the interstate, but they will annex a tiny sliver of a road that runs to the highway overpass/exit, just so they can hide their shitty cops there and write speeding tickets to raise money for the city. There are 3 such towns within about 10 miles of my exit on I-95. Bastards.

Peach-head

Poster
Here's my problem with left lane drivers. If I am going at or below the speed limit I am not going to be in the left lane. But, if I am already speeding and some person speeding at a higher rate comes behind me and wants me to move over, I am inclined not to, especially if there is room for them to go around.

You’re a fucking asshole and I hope you die.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
Keeping to the driving theme,

I drive for my job. Quite a bit of highway driving. I usually set my cruise to 79(within 10 of speed limit) and boogie along.
I hate when someone comes up behind me(I'm always in the right lane) in the left, then proceeds to slow down to where they are 2-3 car lengths in front of me. When I have to pass, now I'm behind a slow car who never gets over for faster traffic. So I have to decide if I'm going to be hovering around this person who can't decide the speed limit they want to go.
Usually I'll pass and get about 1/2 mile clear, resume my preset speed, only to have them come racing up again to catch me, and proceed to slow down!
Make up your mind Dude! Fast or Slow, get the **** away from me!

GPSooner

Poster
The worst are when you are going 10 over in the left lane and someone comes flying up on you. You move over to let them pass and they speed up just enough and drive beside you so when there is a slower car in your lane you have to hit the brakes. If I am being nice enough to move over for you do what you gotta do to not inconvenience me.

Been called an asshole before. Likely again before I leave planet Earth. But, I'm not moving if I am speeding and there is an empty lane next to me. Sorry if that bothers people.

I see both sides. If the speed limit is 70 and I’m doing 87 mph+ in the fast lane then you need to go around me if you feel you need to go 90+. However, if I was doing 80 and someone comes up on me then I get over. No one needs to be driving 90mph+ on the interstate unless it’s mostly empty. If I see you coming I try to get over.

Last edited:

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I see both sides. If the speed limit is 70 and I’m doing 85 mph+ in the fast lane then you need to go around me if you feel you need to go 90+. However, if I was doing 80 and someone comes up on me then I get over. No one needs to be driving 90mph on the interstate unless it’s mostly empty.

If you are in the left lane and a car comes up behind you, if there isn't anyone in the right lane then you get over, regardless of speed. Or, you can drive like an asshole. That is your prerogative.

Peach-head

Poster

Ive seen signs on the interstate before that say it’s illegal to ride less than 70 mph in the left hand lane, when the speed limit is 70. I think it’s Virginia.

Peach-head

Poster
I can’t stand when I’m in the left lane going faster than the speed limit, but behind a bunch of other cars, and someone comes up and rides my backside wanting to go faster. It’s not like everyone in the left lane is going to move over for them, and not like I can go any faster.

YES! And usually when traffic eases up I go back running 90 while the cars riding your ass end up doing about 75.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
Left lane slow drivers.

And people who smoke cigarettes and toss their butts on the ground. I used to smoke and I always tossed my cigarette butts away in the trash. I want to grab one from the ground from someone who just tossed it and shove it down their mouths.
I passed a fucker with Ohio plates yesterday that was doing 10 under on the Interstate in the fast lane (now assuming it was @imprimis ). I've just come to the assumption that those backwards fucks have "Keep left except to pass" signs up all over the state. Or they're stupid. Probably Stupid.

Coming home one time between Columbus and Cincy, and the person in the slow lane was doing 55mph, and the person in the fast lane was doing 55.15mph. Literally 20 miles cursing them before we could finally pass the one in the fast lane...in the slow lane. Fucker wouldn't get over even then.
#2. I can’t stand when my wife asks me to voice my opinion on something. Then, once I voice said opinion she proceeds to ask me about ten times if I’m sure that’s how I feel about it. The reason being is that she disagrees and she basically just wants me to echo her opinion. No way to win on that.
Wife and I have done this a hundred times over Jab vs. No Jab. I'm pro no-jab, she's pro jab. Made the crack with friends last night that I wasn't taking it because "that shit ain't settling in my ovaries and sterilizing me". She wasn't amused. Friends were though, so that's all that matters.

Taggart

Elite
Founder
Here's my problem with left lane drivers. If I am going at or below the speed limit I am not going to be in the left lane. But, if I am already speeding and some person speeding at a higher rate comes behind me and wants me to move over, I am inclined not to, especially if there is room for them to go around.
They have to put up signs now for dipshit drivers like you.

57d741bec582d.image.jpg

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Was reminded of another one today. It especially irritates me, because it is stupid and almost everyone does it.

When assholes give you your change, and they either balance the coins on top of the bills, or give you the bills then dump the coins on top. Why the fuck don't you idiots put the coins in my open hand, then the bills on top?! That way I don't have to do a balancing act as I take my change from you.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
People who leave their shopping carts in the parking lot are pretty high up there. They deserve a night in jail.

People who talk on the phone in public - especially loudly - are also terrible.

But again, left lane loafers are still the worst. Hell was created specifically for them.

Peach-head

Poster
People who leave their shopping carts in the parking lot are pretty high up there. They deserve a night in jail.

People who talk on the phone in public - especially loudly - are also terrible.

But again, left lane loafers are still the worst. Hell was created specifically for them.
I never really understood about talking on the phone, especially speaker phone. I hear people say that all the time. I just don’t pay what other people are doing that much attention. Now someone sitting near you at a restaurant that’s loud af and doesn’t stop talking irritates the shit out of me.

Peach-head

Poster
People parking crooked is probably my biggest pet peeve. Especially in a big truck. Learn to fucking park and if you can’t figure it out park away from everyone else.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
I never really understood about talking on the phone, especially speaker phone. I hear people say that all the time. I just don’t pay what other people are doing that much attention. Now someone sitting near you at a restaurant that’s loud af and doesn’t stop talking irritates the shit out of me.
If they're keeping to themselves, then no one cares. That's not what I'm talking about.

These are the same idiots who pull up to a place with their shitty music playing really loudly so everyone has to hear it. We get it, you're trash. You really didn't have to broadcast it to everyone. We already knew.

Peach-head

Poster
People not using turn signals at 4-ways. You fuck everything up. In fact, people not knowing how 4-ways work in general, or just looking at their phone not paying attention to what’s happening. The ones I go through around Clemson are like a free for all game of chicken. People just stare at each other and then are like fuck it I’m going!

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
People not using turn signals at 4-ways. You fuck everything up. In fact, people not knowing how 4-ways work in general, or just looking at their phone not paying attention to what’s happening. The ones I go through around Clemson are like a free for all game of chicken. People just stare at each other and then are like fuck it I’m going!
I haven't been everywhere obviously, but I have been to 45 states and a dozen countries. I have never seen a single 4 way stop where the majority seem to know how to properly use them.

Cooper

Elite
Founder
Or on a 4-lane divided road with nobody around, I drive in the left lane because the trucks have beat the stuffings out of the right lane. Then rocket man comes up from behind and expects me to move over when the right lane is clear for a long
I can always make an argument that I am passing someone. In the circumstances I described it will be a cold day before I move over if the other lane is clear. Just as easy for the fast guy to move as me especially if no one else is nearby in either lane.
People that drive the the left lane should not be allowed to drive. It’s not a good look.

Detective John Kimble

Stop whining!
Founder
When I was a young hot head, I was that prick coming up hot on your ass. I’ve mellowed now and if some young blood comes up on my ass, I stay there slow and steady.

Peach-head

Poster
When I was a young hot head, I was that prick coming up hot on your ass. I’ve mellowed now and if some young blood comes up on my ass, I stay there slow and steady.
I’ve definitely cooled down too, but I sure as fuck haven’t turned into the dickhead not moving over for slower traffic. If they are riding my ass too bad when I can’t go anywhere I will brake check the shit out of them though. I’m usually the one that goes faster than anyone once traffic eases up though. Been a while since I got a speeding ticket so I’ve been pushing it a lot.

Detective John Kimble

Stop whining!
Founder
I’ve definitely cooled down too, but I sure as fuck haven’t turned into the dickhead not moving over for slower traffic. If they are riding my ass too bad when I can’t go anywhere I will brake check the shit out of them though. I’m usually the one that goes faster than anyone once traffic eases up though. Been a while since I got a speeding ticket so I’ve been pushing it a lot.
I’m actually with you. I pull over. I was just on a roll with my word smithing above.

racernhra

Elite
Founder
Big pet peeve of mine is generally all people buying lottery tickets. They’ll hold up a line for 5 minutes trying to figure out which of the 30 different tickets they want to buy when the end result is the same.

Also people that ride your butt on a 2-lane highway and won’t pass. I can be doing 75 in a 65 and there’s that person (almost always a woman) that will be glued to my bumper no matter the speed. I make it a game to see how slow I can go before they’ll finally catch the hint to pass. I think I’ve gone as slow as 45 before the light finally come on in their head.

s-ou-thern

Legendary
Founder
Hate waiting at a traffic light when the car in front decides to be Mr. Friendly and encourage people to go in front of him. Usually it consists of multiple signals back and forth that waste so much time three other cars waiting don’t make the late just so this idiot could feel better about letting one car go.

A few times I’ve laid on the horn to the bewilderment of the do-gooder. I’m sure they have no idea why anyone would be pissed.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Hate waiting at a traffic light when the car in front decides to be Mr. Friendly and encourage people to go in front of him. Usually it consists of multiple signals back and forth that waste so much time three other cars waiting don’t make the late just so this idiot could feel better about letting one car go.

A few times I’ve laid on the horn to the bewilderment of the do-gooder. I’m sure they have no idea why anyone would be pissed.
The oddity is they are being more dangerous, when they believe they are just being nice.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Here is SC, the little towns along the interstates like to draw their city limits so they include the interstate. So the town might be a mile or 2 from the interstate, but they will annex a tiny sliver of a road that runs to the highway overpass/exit, just so they can hide their shitty cops there and write speeding tickets to raise money for the city. There are 3 such towns within about 10 miles of my exit on I-95. Bastards.
This is every small town in every state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom