Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pentagon admits it has been testing wreckage from UFO crashes

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
u-g-F5EYCR0.jpg

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
Expound please
Fermi Paradox.. basically says if there’s anyone else out there why are they so hidden, or no other life gets thru the great filter and there’s no capability for interstellar travel. Statistically out of billions of other planets there should be others, but paradoxically there’s no evidence.

The Fermi paradox, named after Italian-American physicist Enrico Fermi, is the apparent contradiction between the lack of evidence for extraterrestrial civilizations and various high estimates for their probability (such as some optimistic estimates for the Drake equation).[1][2]

A graphical representation of the Arecibo message, humanity's first attempt to use radio waves to actively communicate its existence to alien civilizations
The following are some of the facts that together serve to highlight the apparent contradiction:

• There are billions of stars in the Milky Way similar to the Sun.[3][4]
  • With high probability, some of these stars have Earth-like planets.[5]
  • Many of these stars, and hence their planets, are much older than the Sun.[6][7] If the Earth is typical, some may have developed intelligent life long ago.
  • Some of these civilizations may have developed interstellar travel, a step humans are investigating now.
  • Even at the slow pace of currently envisioned interstellar travel, the Milky Way galaxy could be completely traversed in a few million years.[8]
  • And since many of the stars similar to the Sun are billions of years older, the Earth should have already been visited by extraterrestrial civilizations, or at least their probes.[9]
  • However, there is no convincing evidence that this has happened.[8]
There have been many attempts to explain the Fermi paradox,[10][11] primarily suggesting that intelligent extraterrestrial beings are extremely rare, that the lifetime of such civilizations is short, or that they exist but (for various reasons) we see no evidence.

Although he was not the first to consider this question, Fermi's name is associated with the paradox because of a casual conversation in the summer of 1950 with fellow physicists Edward Teller, Herbert York and Emil Konopinski. While walking to lunch, the men discussed recent UFO reports and the possibility of faster-than-light travel. The conversation moved on to other topics, until during lunch Fermi allegedly said suddenly, "But where is everybody?" (although the exact quote is uncertain).[12][13]

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Fermi Paradox.. basically says if there’s anyone else out there why are they so hidden, or no other life gets thru the great filter and there’s no capability for interstellar travel. Statistically out of billions of other planets there should be others, but paradoxically there’s no evidence.

The Fermi paradox, named after Italian-American physicist Enrico Fermi, is the apparent contradiction between the lack of evidence for extraterrestrial civilizations and various high estimates for their probability (such as some optimistic estimates for the Drake equation).[1][2]

A graphical representation of the Arecibo message, humanity's first attempt to use radio waves to actively communicate its existence to alien civilizations
The following are some of the facts that together serve to highlight the apparent contradiction:

• There are billions of stars in the Milky Way similar to the Sun.[3][4]
  • With high probability, some of these stars have Earth-like planets.[5]
  • Many of these stars, and hence their planets, are much older than the Sun.[6][7] If the Earth is typical, some may have developed intelligent life long ago.
  • Some of these civilizations may have developed interstellar travel, a step humans are investigating now.
  • Even at the slow pace of currently envisioned interstellar travel, the Milky Way galaxy could be completely traversed in a few million years.[8]
  • And since many of the stars similar to the Sun are billions of years older, the Earth should have already been visited by extraterrestrial civilizations, or at least their probes.[9]
  • However, there is no convincing evidence that this has happened.[8]
There have been many attempts to explain the Fermi paradox,[10][11] primarily suggesting that intelligent extraterrestrial beings are extremely rare, that the lifetime of such civilizations is short, or that they exist but (for various reasons) we see no evidence.

Although he was not the first to consider this question, Fermi's name is associated with the paradox because of a casual conversation in the summer of 1950 with fellow physicists Edward Teller, Herbert York and Emil Konopinski. While walking to lunch, the men discussed recent UFO reports and the possibility of faster-than-light travel. The conversation moved on to other topics, until during lunch Fermi allegedly said suddenly, "But where is everybody?" (although the exact quote is uncertain).[12][13]
That we know of... We don't even know what we don't know. There could be intelligence that uses different types of communications than we do so the signals we are looking for might not be there.... stuff like that. Coelacanth was thought extinct and they could never actually find one despite 2nd hand reports. After they physically proved they were there you can now go scuba diving to go see them.

I do love the thought process of debating this though. It definitely makes you think about the world.

soonermike

Poster
For starters, I'm Christian. As such, I personally believe we are alone, and that God created us exclusively. That said, my faith wouldn't waiver if indeed there is other life out there. Who is to say that God didn't create other civilizations? I find it interesting though that our planet is in the absolute perfect "habital zone" for life. For us to be any closer to the sun/moon, or any further away, life as we know it wouldn't exist.

Those things above being said, as humans, I think we often tend to think intelligent life would inhabit crafts with propulsion like we envision it, and physically take on shapes and forms similar to the human body. I think it's probable that alien space craft can be any shape; cubes, "tic tacs", etc...what is considered aero-dynamic to us may not apply to other beings. Also, for all we know, their bodies may take on the shapes of a blob, or something similar to a jelly fish. Who knows...they may not have mouths, heads, arms and/or legs.

Last edited:

Peach-head

Poster
Fish. Thought to be extinct and fisherman said they saw them but scientist called bullshit. Then someone caught one and showed it to a scientist and people started diving in that area and they see them all the time now.

same as pythons in the Amazon and those giant fucking hornets I see every summer that dont exist in the US.

TJHall1

Legendary
Fish. Thought to be extinct and fisherman said they saw them but scientist called bullshit. Then someone caught one and showed it to a scientist and people started diving in that area and they see them all the time now.
So, yes, Bigfoot exists.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
That we know of... We don't even know what we don't know. There could be intelligence that uses different types of communications than we do so the signals we are looking for might not be there.... stuff like that. Coelacanth was thought extinct and they could never actually find one despite 2nd hand reports. After they physically proved they were there you can now go scuba diving to go see them.

I do love the thought process of debating this though. It definitely makes you think about the world.
I agree.. radio waves, etc get destroyed by the sun so they don’t travel far.
have you watched close encounters of the fifth kind on prime?
this seems plausible to me, or some of it does. using our minds to communicate with others in the universe using transcendental meditation.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
I agree.. radio waves, etc get destroyed by the sun so they don’t travel far.
have you watched close encounters of the fifth kind on prime?
this seems plausible to me, or some of it does. using our minds to communicate with others in the universe using transcendental meditation.
No but I'll give it a look. Is it interdimensional?

Top Bottom