Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Official Winter Weather Thread: Starting this for MeridianOSU...

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
It was 61 on my way in at 6am in Charleston. Sometimes i miss the cold then see a map like that and remember quickly it sucks when you are the one w a shovel

We get the perfect amount of snow here in SC. Just a little bit every few years, more or less. Enough so everyone can see it, take some pics, maybe crash a car or two, then it's gone by the time you are sick of it.

MeridianOSU

Legendary
Founder
Love the winter. Had the extreme heat. Give me the cold over heat errrday and twice on Sunday.
I think wife and I found perfect place. Longest place we have lived for 13 years and will retire here. Great summer. Semi mild winter and fall/spring is short. We live in the high desert at 2200 feet. A ski resort is 25 miles from us and Sun Valley a 2 hour drive.

WestcampTX

Elite
Founder
Fun story with a dairyman you know in Muleshoe. 10/04 when 8 inches of snow hit the area. Showed up in a rental car. Their CA ? Was what the hell are you doing. My former NE a life of 352 inches of snow told them you don’t want to know..lol.
My best friend growing up moved from Sidney NE. His first year in school I don’t think I ever saw him with more than a tshirt and shorts. I remember the first week or two after he started school it came a big dump of snow, the windy drifting type we get on the plains, everyone thought he was batshit, but it truly didn’t bother him.

WestcampTX

Elite
Founder
I think wife and I found perfect place. Longest place we have lived for 13 years and will retire here. Great summer. Semi mild winter and fall/spring is short. We live in the high desert at 2200 feet. A ski resort is 25 miles from us and Sun Valley a 2 hour drive.
I need to visit Idaho, it seems like just about the perfect state.

Long cat

Elite
I wore shorts, flip flops, and a short sleeved shirt yesterday here in the GOAT.

I feel sorry for people who live in snow.
I don’t know, the temperature has plummeted to the 50’s here in Orlando. I had to add a hoodie to the shorts and sandals when I walked the dog this morning. Might even put on pants for my boys’ soccer practice tonight.

I do love to visit the snow though.

denn

Legendary
Founder
I wore shorts, flip flops, and a short sleeved shirt yesterday here in the GOAT.

I feel sorry for people who live in snow.
No need to feel sorry for us. Most of us in the snowier states don’t mind it. Especially those of us who work at a golf course and get winters off. I will say that I do go down south for a month or so every winter so I don’t get all of the winter weather up here in Ct.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Love the winter. Had the extreme heat. Give me the cold over heat errrday and twice on Sunday.
Born in NY and moved to SC at 8
Hated the heat loved the cold til 15ish
Then hated the cold and loved the heat.i do steel welding and rebar fabrication for a living so in SC in July im drinking 2 gallons of water a day.
Past yr or so ive found im going back to not liking the heat and enjoying the cold more and more. But down here the cold is not crisp. It cuts you up lower than 40 and windy

Taggart

Elite
Founder
Big nor'easter on the way... have seen anywhere from 2-10" for my area (that's what she said). Looks like those in the I-95 corridor may get a thumping...

tenor.gif

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Getting hammered. Up to 12” by the time it’s done. 6-8” for sure.
View attachment 4847
View attachment 4848
It started snowing like hell here, but that temp line moved about 15 miles north, so now we have a lovely mix of rain, freezing rain and snow.

Supposed to get 5 inches. I don't think we'll get that. We'll see, I guess. Dayton always seems to be the 'we have no idea what is actually going to happen' line. Sunny and clear forecast? Oh, don't mind that lake effect snow that just blew through from Michigan. Gonna get dumped on with snow? Eh... never mind. Enjoy this crappy freezing rain. 🤣

I mean.. just look at this ridiculousness...

Screenshot_20210131-010057_WeatherBug.jpg

Last edited:

Nape

Elite
Founder
We are getting at least an inch an hour...probably closer to 1.5 - 2”. It typically doesn’t snow like this here but once every 5 or 10 years we get an ass kicker. Heavy heart attack snow. Good thing we ended dry January early. The snow blower is going to be busy here in an hour or so to get ahead a bit.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
We are getting at least an inch an hour...probably closer to 1.5 - 2”. It typically doesn’t snow like this here but once every 5 or 10 years we get an ass kicker. Heavy heart attack snow. Good thing we ended dry January early. The snow blower is going to be busy here in an hour or so to get ahead a bit.
And now we're back to snowing like hell.

And yep, it's heart attack snow. Heavy and wet.

My husband 'sold' our snow blower to our lawn guy (who happens to be a good friend).

Hubs is always, without fail, traveling when nasty weather hits and I'm not dealing with it. Case in point, the man hasn't had to travel for almost a year. He leaves Monday morning for Houston. And my driveway and jeep will be snow free before I roll out of bed. 🤣

Screenshot_20210131-012851_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Yep00

Poster
And now we're back to snowing like hell.

And yep, it's heart attack snow. Heavy and wet.

My husband 'sold' our snow blower to our lawn guy (who happens to be a good friend).

Hubs is always, without fail, traveling when nasty weather hits and I'm not dealing with it. Case in point, the man hasn't had to travel for almost a year. He leaves Monday morning for Houston. And my driveway and jeep will be snow free before I roll out of bed. 🤣

View attachment 4853
You live in Ohio why in the world would he 'sell' your snowblower? As crazy as it sounds I miss those crazy snow days.

MeridianOSU

Legendary
Founder
You live in Ohio why in the world would he 'sell' your snowblower? As crazy as it sounds I miss those crazy snow days.

A few years ago we had 50 inches where I live. 20 hit in one storm and people that had 2 wheel drive couldn’t leave home for 3 weeks. Turned cold and froze like huge pot holes. 25 percent of onions ruined due to roof collapsed.

Bought a snow blower that year online and used once since. There is a reason we average 10 inches of snow. Many years we get under 10 inches and melts before noon.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Because he's rarely here on the few occasions we would need to use it, we have a friend who owns a landscaping company who also does snow removal, and at no point in time in my life am I ever going to shovel snow, never mind drag out a snowblower. 😊

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Because he's rarely here on the few occasions we would need to use it, we have a friend who owns a landscaping company who also does snow removal, and at no point in time in my life am I ever going to shovel snow, never mind drag out a snowblower. 😊
Good for you!

The puppy broke two nails this morning on the cement he was so excited to go out and play in the snow. He'd be out there for hours if I'd let him. Had to get out the styptic powder he was bleeding so bad. Felt awful but my wife does one of their paws each day on an 8 day rotation and I was the back paw so 🤷‍♂️

ajcgn

Poster
I think that’s the 2nd Nor’easter this winter that has been too far south to hit us here in Toronto.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Expecting ice, sleet and snow in Huntsville starting tonight. Wish we would get some snow because my girls haven’t been able to experience a good snow day yet.

Top Bottom