Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nom Nom a RINO?

Jtrain80

Legendary
After reading the article, I am not sure. It's a bunch of telling us what it says with out actually quoting the peice of legislation.

So.....none of us are intelligent enough to understand it, we will just take everyone's word for it?

Sikness23245

Elite
After reading the article, I am not sure. It's a bunch of telling us what it says with out actually quoting the peice of legislation.

So.....none of us are intelligent enough to understand it, we will just take everyone's word for it?
It's pretty straightforward.

"As Margot Cleveland detailed in these pages Monday, the South Dakota legislature sent Noem a bill that would have forbidden males from playing in female sports from kindergarten through college in South Dakota, including mechanisms for verifying student-athletes’ biological sex and allowing for legal redress against anyone who broke this would-be law.

Noem sent the bill back to the legislature, demanding significant changes in a veto message. Her desired changes would allow men to compete in women’s sports at the college level — and potentially K-12, based on birth certificate rules — and eliminate penalties for violating it. Essentially, Noem’s changes would make the law toothless."

Jtrain80

Legendary
It's pretty straightforward.

"As Margot Cleveland detailed in these pages Monday, the South Dakota legislature sent Noem a bill that would have forbidden males from playing in female sports from kindergarten through college in South Dakota, including mechanisms for verifying student-athletes’ biological sex and allowing for legal redress against anyone who broke this would-be law.

Noem sent the bill back to the legislature, demanding significant changes in a veto message. Her desired changes would allow men to compete in women’s sports at the college level — and potentially K-12, based on birth certificate rules — and eliminate penalties for violating it. Essentially, Noem’s changes would make the law toothless."

She said she didn't agree with how it was written. I would tend to take her word over a bunch of other people....until she proves me definitively wrong.

They are not quoting the bill or amendments, just giving their interpretation of what the legal documents say. I dont trust journalist to win court battles. Sorry, not sorry.

Edit: nor do I trust the courts to logical make decisions. Nor do I trust the NCAA to do anything remotely good.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
She said she didn't agree with how it was written. I would tend to take her word over a bunch of other people....until she proves me definitively wrong.

They are not quoting the bill or amendments, just giving their interpretation of what the legal documents say. I dont trust journalist to win court battles. Sorry, not sorry.

Edit: nor do I trust the courts to logical make decisions. Nor do I trust the NCAA to do anything remotely good.
She was on the record as saying she thought these sorta of laws were losers in court so I'd buy that she wanted legitimate changes.

The point that needs to be made here though is the the governor of a Dakota isn't setting legal precedents EVER. She was already in a following position to other states and the bill for her state was less radical than others passed.

She should have shut her mouth, sold the cultural war aspect, and signed it.

Let the lawyers do lawyer shit. That shit is beneath her (especially with this law in a state like that). Shows that she is a little out of touch.

Hopefully she will find a good advisor to let her know what she needs to do moving forward (I'm free to work remote on a consultation basis).

Last edited:

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Its my understanding that she wants it written differently so that when they go to court with the ncaa they actually have a chance to win. If passed as written it would only heart her state and everyone else would keep on keeping on. Win the case and people can follow suit.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Its my understanding that she wants it written differently so that when they go to court with the ncaa they actually have a chance to win. If passed as written it would only heart her state and everyone else would keep on keeping on. Win the case and people can follow suit.
She could have signed it and said the same thing.

Could have taken two victory laps then.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
Politicians say stupid shit. It's what they do and they do it well. If she was a liberal you wouldn't hear about it.

Top Bottom