Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Niece is now a product of higher education 😩

Crich73

Poster
She's a lib, but of course, but we had a interesting conversation last night. Typical young person, voted twice for Bernie, 2016 and 2020, and is majoring in liberal studies. (Some type of social work as a career)

Conversation progressed to talking about whether trump incited the "riot" on the capital. And said it was more egregious than any protest that took place over the summer.

She stated how bad it was that these people stormed the capital and took pictures in the offices belonging to Pelosi and so on. I told her how could she compare what happened in one day, one event with little to no damage to government property (which we pay for with our taxes) to the destruction and theft of private property belonging to citizens?

Of course the talk went to BLM and then she rolled up her sleeves to talk about what she's learned in her advanced culture studies classes along with the lectures required. I told her how I felt, that the issue isn't with AAs, but rather the issue is with a culture that is stunting the growth of their community with an overall lack of value for the staples of modern civilization. I mentioned how BLM had on their mission statement that the dissolution of the nuclear family is a key point. How the lack of father figures 70% of AA households dont have a dad. How an overarching attitude of victim mentality stunts accountability and hinders growth as persons, both within the family and the community.

One interesting point was how hip hop culture has set the standard for overall attitudes towards women and others. Basically how women are whores, and other people arent a consideration relative to oneself.
I compared this to (we are latino) a phenomenon happening within our community, the glorification of
narco culture. I personally feel both of these (hip hop, narco) stem from a distorted desire for grandeur, respect and percieved power. What's appealing to both is that little is required to achieve status other than ruthlessness and a total disregard towards the dignity of others. She couldn't say much since shes a feminist and see that while she likes and listens to hip hop there are many within that community that do infact glorify such abhorrent behavior.

Lastly, she started talking about institutional racism. How since the discovery of this nation let alone its founding that racism has been a mainstay of the western world. Africans captured and sold and so on. I stopped her to remind her how while extremely bad slavery was somewhat confined to southern states and how infact at the onset of slavery rivals or hostile tribes would invade neighboring tribes, and sell them to merchants. It was at this point that she had to stop and correct me, saying that first, slavery has been in all parts of the united states and not just the south.

Second, how I was wrongly educated. How K thru 12 does teach about africans selling each other to the white man, but this is infact wrong. That for ages, prior to Columbus Blacks have been enslaved and sold as property. That her studies have tought her that at every step, even up to today that laws and regulations have been put in place to oppress AAs. After the revolution the prison system was set up as a means and an extension for forced labor. And how even now, the numbers in terms of percentages are disproportionate for AAs in prison. When I ask about personal responsibility, don't commit crimes and you wont go to jail, well, everything is staked against AAs, so it's much easier for them to land in jail. That was her answer.

Rusty Strings

Poster
She's a lib, but of course, but we had a interesting conversation last night. Typical young person, voted twice for Bernie, 2016 and 2020, and is majoring in liberal studies. (Some type of social work as a career)

Conversation progressed to talking about whether trump incited the "riot" on the capital. And said it was more egregious than any protest that took place over the summer.

She stated how bad it was that these people stormed the capital and took pictures in the offices belonging to Pelosi and so on. I told her how could she compare what happened in one day, one event with little to no damage to government property (which we pay for with our taxes) to the destruction and theft of private property belonging to citizens?

Of course the talk went to BLM and then she rolled up her sleeves to talk about what she's learned in her advanced culture studies classes along with the lectures required. I told her how I felt, that the issue isn't with AAs, but rather the issue is with a culture that is stunting the growth of their community with an overall lack of value for the staples of modern civilization. I mentioned how BLM had on their mission statement that the dissolution of the nuclear family is a key point. How the lack of father figures 70% of AA households dont have a dad. How an overarching attitude of victim mentality stunts accountability and hinders growth as persons, both within the family and the community.

One interesting point was how hip hop culture has set the standard for overall attitudes towards women and others. Basically how women are whores, and other people arent a consideration relative to oneself.
I compared this to (we are latino) a phenomenon happening within our community, the glorification of
narco culture. I personally feel both of these (hip hop, narco) stem from a distorted desire for grandeur, respect and percieved power. What's appealing to both is that little is required to achieve status other than ruthlessness and a total disregard towards the dignity of others. She couldn't say much since shes a feminist and see that while she likes and listens to hip hop there are many within that community that do infact glorify such abhorrent behavior.

Lastly, she started talking about institutional racism. How since the discovery of this nation let alone its founding that racism has been a mainstay of the western world. Africans captured and sold and so on. I stopped her to remind her how while extremely bad slavery was somewhat confined to southern states and how infact at the onset of slavery rivals or hostile tribes would invade neighboring tribes, and sell them to merchants. It was at this point that she had to stop and correct me, saying that first, slavery has been in all parts of the united states and not just the south.

Second, how I was wrongly educated. How K thru 12 does teach about africans selling each other to the white man, but this is infact wrong. That for ages, prior to Columbus Blacks have been enslaved and sold as property. That her studies have tought her that at every step, even up to today that laws and regulations have been put in place to oppress AAs. After the revolution the prison system was set up as a means and an extension for forced labor. And how even now, the numbers in terms of percentages are disproportionate for AAs in prison. When I ask about personal responsibility, don't commit crimes and you wont go to jail, well, everything is staked against AAs, so it's much easier for them to land in jail. That was her answer.
Is she familiar with Yuri Bezemenov?

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
When I ask about personal responsibility, don't commit crimes and you wont go to jail, well, everything is staked against AAs, so it's much easier for them to land in jail. That was her answer.
Tell her that attitude just reinforces the victim mentality that helps squelch success and upward mobility.

If there is an example of systemic racism, teaching that to kids would be it.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder

Very close army buddy of mine did this. Not social work but sociology. We used to debate a lot.

What they do is teach kids these theories that use cherry picked data to back up the theory then they teach them as fact.

If you dig into the actual statistics and arguments they use you can debunk a lot of it and often times others have already done the leg work. The problem is that even after you show them they just state it’s not true or that you don’t understand the stats and the underlying social issue at hand.

Once you’re done with Bezmenov take a deep dive into the Frankfurt School.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder

Did this surprise you somehow?

What am I missing here?

Tell_Sackett

Poster

She focuses on feelings rather than truth. You can't have an honest debate with anyone that believes their feelings are a foundation for truth.

Prov 14: 6-8....A scoffer seeks wisdom in vain, but knowledge is easy for a man of understanding. Leave the presence of a fool, for there you do not meet words of knowledge. The wisdom of the prudent is to discern his way, but the folly of fools is deceiving.

Crich73

Poster
Did this surprise you somehow?

What am I missing here?

Honestly it did, a little. We (tMb) always joke or comment about it, but I felt it was exaggerated for a better story. But nope, I was dead wrong. This shit is fucking lunacy.

Seems to me that the puppeteer in all this are the Marxists. As of late all the people in my life, family and friends have adopted socialist ideologies more or less and it's a scary fucking thing.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Honestly it did, a little. We (tMb) always joke or comment about it, but I felt it was exaggerated for a better story. But nope, I was dead wrong. This shit is fucking lunacy.

Seems to me that the puppeteer in all this are the Marxists. As of late all the people in my life, family and friends have adopted socialist ideologies more or less and it's a scary fucking thing.
She is tame by most standards. I'm amazed she had the conversation with you and didn't just call you a fascist shortly after starting.

It's all students too BTW. Not just the humans studies and social majors. This is why them bombard students with woke reading and other bullshit in the GE classes.

CurtOFD78

Elite
She focuses on feelings rather than truth. You can't have an honest debate with anyone that believes their feelings are a foundation for truth.

Prov 14: 6-8....A scoffer seeks wisdom in vain, but knowledge is easy for a man of understanding. Leave the presence of a fool, for there you do not meet words of knowledge. The wisdom of the prudent is to discern his way, but the folly of fools is deceiving.
So in other words, you cannot really have an honest debate with most females and most liberals...

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
I basically tell libs to read a book, a real book like from Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell or Dennis Prager and try not to cry when their World starts to crumble

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder

ya she’s blue pilled and outcome based, maybe spreading the seeds of doubt and living in the real world will bring her around.
Ask if she likes wars like dems and pubs support with the support of the press.
As far as slavery see if she’ll read Debt the first 5000 years. Goes into detail on slavery. She’s right on all parts of parts of the US if you consider native Americans owned slaves.
you should ask her if whites were still in slavery after blacks were freed in the US.
Also ask her thoughts on primordial debt.
Lastly see if she’ll read cynical theories.
BTW in the end not worth arguing over these things... the wealthy ruling class wants this division while they clean up on transferring wealth, etc.

Jweast2486

Poster
How come Japanese Americans aren’t treated as victims like AA’s? What if back in the 1940’s FDR confiscated all the wealth of every black American and put them in camps with armed guards? How come they’ve rebuilt their communities after being erased and put back at zero in regards to wealth and property? Certainly not because they’re not discriminated against since Harvard just got busted for discrimination against Asians, hell they’re a minority and get treated as whites on any government form. Maybe because their culture doesn’t cultivated victim hood and dependence.

Your niece is an idiot

The_Goose

Poster
Founder
index.php

Who dis?

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
How come Japanese Americans aren’t treated as victims like AA’s? What if back in the 1940’s FDR confiscated all the wealth of every black American and put them in camps with armed guards? How come they’ve rebuilt their communities after being erased and put back at zero in regards to wealth and property? Certainly not because they’re not discriminated against since Harvard just got busted for discrimination against Asians, hell they’re a minority and get treated as whites on any government form. Maybe because their culture doesn’t cultivated victim hood and dependence.

Your niece is an idiot

Hmm. It's almost like there are other factors besides systemic racism at work here. Crumbling family structure, perhaps? Lack of emphasis on education maybe?

...nah, easier to just scream muh racism than look in the mirror.

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
My BIL is a tMBer, don’t think he’s made the jump over here. Pretty sure he’s adopting socialist ideals as we speak. Sickening.

Top Bottom