Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NASCAR guys: Busch Clash about to start

STL_22

Poster
Probably gonna be a boring one since it’s on the road course and a lot of great drivers aren’t in this race.

But this should be a great year with the new teams, new tracks and the rookies are as good as any year I can remember. Plus Larson is back. Some incredible talent in the field.

Nape

Elite
Founder
The spring race in March at Bristol is gonna be a dirt track race: they’ve brought in hundred of tons of dirt. Cup is sold out but I’m planning on going for the trucks saturday night.
Holy shit!! I hadn’t heard that. Been out of the loop. Grew up going to Eldora, Sante Fe here in Chicagoland, and all of the Iowa tracks (Knoxville, Dubuque, Davenport, etc). The best racing there is IMO.

STL_22

Poster
Yeah Tony Stewart is pissed that NASCAR chose Bristol instead of Eldora for their first Cup dirt race. Surely they’ll make that right in the near future.

Back to the Clash right now though. I stand corrected as this has been very entertaining. Gonna be a great finish with Truex yeeting himself into the wall for no reason while he was leading

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Love any kind of racing. Patiently waiting for the big boys next week and F1 to fire em up next month.

Im an F1 guy, but promised tMB last year that I’d give NASCAR another shot. Even asked so many questions.

Are the rules different again this season?

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Well, that was more entertaining than I was expecting.

Waiting for Gordon and Boyer to throw down. 😅

STL_22

Poster
Im an F1 guy, but promised tMB last year that I’d give NASCAR another shot. Even asked so many questions.

No rules changes this year I don’t think, other than very minor things. Next year is when they introduce the new car so would expect some then maybe.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
No rules changes this year I don’t think, other than very minor things. Next year is when they introduce the new car so would expect some then maybe.
Wait so NASCAR is getting a new car as well?

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Correct. No big changes this year.

Nape

Elite
Founder

I’ve been to busy to connect. I think there is a new package this year. I just watch the racing and don’t get too into the particulars.

F1 is gonna be interesting for sure. I wish they still went to Indy. I went once and couldn’t believe what I was seeing with those machines. Absolutely incredible.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I’ve been to busy to connect. I think there is a new package this year. I just watch the racing and don’t get too into the particulars.

F1 is gonna be interesting for sure. I wish they still went to Indy. I went once and couldn’t believe what I was seeing with those machines. Absolutely incredible.

That’s wild coming from you. You always pay attention to detail. And I’m super curious what Mercedes is going through right now to prep for the w13/2022 car while their vehicle wins this season again. I love the detail.

STL_22

Poster
Wait so NASCAR is getting a new car as well?
Was supposed to be this year but was delayed to next year because of COVID.

They’ve only shown the base model thus far but supposed to show the different manufacture versions in March

nascar_next-gen_gen_7_car.jpg

Last edited:

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
They technically didn’t. I believe Tony Stewart pulled it after NASCAR didn’t go to Eldora for Cup.
You’re right. Smoke is my favorite driver ever and I can’t believe I didn’t know that. Anyway, his and Ray evernhams series looks prettt cool, and they’re racing some dirt too I believe

Nape

Elite
Founder
That’s wild coming from you. You always pay attention to detail. And I’m super curious what Mercedes is going through right now to prep for the w13/2022 car while their vehicle wins this season again. I love the detail.
Watching racing is an escape for me. I “race” every day on our expressways in my Audi. Love having less traffic for higher speeds but more traffic makes it more fun. 😎

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Watching racing is an escape for me. I “race” every day on our expressways in my Audi. Love having less traffic for higher speeds but more traffic makes it more fun. 😎
R8? S7? What Audi? I wanna crawl through my phone in anticipation of the answer.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Racing is the one sport I have never really understood. I have tried numerous times and it just bores me to tears.

Nape

Elite
Founder
My work car is the older model Q7 with the S-line package. Supercharged. My pleasure car is an S6. Love the RS7 but too big. An R8 or an RSQ8 is next if my daughter would get off her ass and sell some hot sauce.🤪

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
My work car is the older model Q7 with the S-line package. Supercharged. My pleasure car is an S6. Love the RS7 but too big. An R8 or an RSQ8 is next if my daughter would get off her ass and sell some hot sauce.🤪

That’s it. You’re going to have to adopt a 35 year old son. One that will properly teach you how to drive. 🤣

And give any German auto what it deserves.

Nape

Elite
Founder
That’s it. You’re going to have to adopt a 35 year old son. One that will properly teach you how to drive. 🤣

And give any German auto what it deserves.
I’ll keep you in mind when I wanna truly learn....🤔

Nape

Elite
Founder
L

I thought I’d hate driving the Lambo SUV. I drove it and was completely surprised.
I haven’t driven the Urus but have the regular Q8, which is still the same frame, etc....just lacking a bit of that Lambo oomph under the hood. It still sounds throaty tho.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
And funny little thing about me, the first two vehicles I ever drove were a Nissan Pathfinder and a Lamborghini Countach. Heaviest clutch ever.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I haven’t driven the Urus but have the regular Q8, which is still the same frame, etc....just lacking a bit of that Lambo oomph under the hood. It still sounds throaty tho.

Well the engine is pure engineering entertainment. I could pull up that motor and simply listen to it to fall asleep. Or make me hard. Either way, that sound is amazing.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
I stopped watching last season when they went woke and of course my favorite driver won. As a Georgia fan I can’t win for the sake of losing.

You’re right. Smoke is my favorite driver ever and I can’t believe I didn’t know that. Anyway, his and Ray evernhams series looks prettt cool, and they’re racing some dirt too I believe
I'm a Newnan girl. Always have been. We have a good friend who was the the front right tire guy for Newman and he's who got me interested in Nascar.

He's come a long way since then (now with Penske) but I'm still sticking with Newnan.

Mildly amusing story...we were at Barrett Jackson (my husband is in the auto auction business and his company not named Manheim is a big sponsor) and I was on the stage and got to talk to Mike Joy for a while. My one tipsy request was that there be more Newman coverage. (I've had a few moments, including offering to teach Bubba Watson to drive a stick after wearing him out on live TV to get him to bid again. What man can't drive a stick?!? That's why he didn't buy Bumblebee🤣) My husband was dying laughing at me. Sure enough, the next season, there was a bit more broadcasting attention paid to Newman. He's cool and it's nice that no matter how ridiculous, he paid attention and took my request seriously.

The only reason Newman is alive after that horrific crash last season is because of the Newman bar. He had engineering students at Perdue design it years ago after one of his early horrific crashes when he wound up on his roof with turf in his lap.

Another fun tidbit: Humpy Wheeler taught me how to drive a stick in a Toyota MR2. (Manual transmission, you pervs). This was before I had any interest in NASCAR. I worked for Bruton Smith for a short time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom