Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Most iconic food for each state

TheGratefulReb

Neanderthal in Chief
Founder
Steamed crawdads?

Don't get me wrong, I love a spring crawfish boil...but the yank who made this is dead wrong for my state. And its CRAWFISH you dumb fucking hack. Also, who the fuck steams some mudbugs? Supposed to be boiled in all kinds of zesty/spicy good shit. Its also legally wrong for any state other than Louisiana to claim crawfish in any form.

Mississippi is BISCUITS

Last edited:

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Lol at the Virginia fags and their coke and peanuts
Don't hate on a cold glass bottle of coke filled with salty nuts.

SC?
source.gif

Edit: didn't know you made this list, but SC is the home of BBQ.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
SC: Beaufort Stew/Lowcountry Boil might be it, but it's more likely Shrimp and Grits.

Also pulled pork BBQ is far more iconic in the Carolinas than in Missouri. Ribs would be my pick for Missouri, but I've only visited a handful of times.
For the Carolinas i'd be okay with either, but if a mother fucker says grit cake for shrimp and grits i'll kill'em.

Spc311

Poster
Saltwater taffy for NJ is horrendous. I've lived my entire life at the beach in jersey and have had that trash maybe a handful of times. It's for tourists in cape may and Atlantic city.

Should be pork roll or some Italian food.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
SC: Beaufort Stew/Lowcountry Boil might be it, but it's more likely Shrimp and Grits.

Also pulled pork BBQ is far more iconic in the Carolinas than in Missouri. Ribs would be my pick for Missouri, but I've only visited a handful of times.
Id even say boiled peanuts over lowcountry boil. If you consider the entire state.

Alpha_Cock

A Real A Hole
Founder
I think it is a pretty good list. But, they gave up on VA with peanuts and coke. Most of my family is from there, if we didn't have a salt-slapped ham for every family meal, we weren't in the state. So, they should have changed to "Virginia Baked Ham with Red Eye Gravy". With a side of green beans, slaw, and rolls.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I can get onboard with lowcountry boil/Beaufort/Frogmore stew for SC. I could also say BBQ. Maybe chicken bog...it is very much a low country thing, but then so is Frogmore stew, really. Pulled pork BBQ is probably the most commonly eaten regional food here, and many argue that it all started in South Carolina.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
It's where bbq originated from. The Indians in the low country.

Always heard it originated with slaves, who got the shitty cuts of meat and would cook them low and slow for many hours to make them more palatable...I'd be interested in more info on indians & bbq if you have any. You learn something every day.

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
Always heard it originated with slaves, who got the shitty cuts of meat and would cook them low and slow for many hours to make them more palatable...I'd be interested in more info on indians & bbq if you have any. You learn something every day.
I doubt it has a single origin. Using natural fire to slow cook meat to tenderness is one of those things that anyone skilled in the art could accomplish.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I doubt it has a single origin. Using natural fire to slow cook meat to tenderness is one of those things that anyone skilled in the art could accomplish.

This is true. It is why so many regions claim to be where BBQ started...they probably all did come up with it on their own, way back when. Hell, the 1st BBQ likely came about the same time that man began cooking his food over fire, thousands of years ago.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
soul food yes. the slaves did bring that over. As you said it's been going on for a while, but the first bbq recorded in America was in the low country of SC. I'll try to find more.

1680e51a4c5999e9d9ad69cb3ca9b306.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom