Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Masters Thread

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
I know I am early, but spending the weekend in Aiken with 3 other TFSF members and looking forward to Monday’s practice round.

I plan to spend min $1500 in the pro shop.

Will miss @tgsio by a few days. We aren’t that fancy. Have a great time.

Fingers crossed for a Masters Scotty Cameron putter on Monday.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
I know I am early, but spending the weekend in Aiken with 3 other TFSF members and looking forward to Monday’s practice round.

Nice. When I went, we stayed in a 10 or 12 bedroom house on the Savannah River in Aiken. Chef cooked breakfast and formal dinner each morning and night. Driver to and from the course. I was working for a global technology consulting firm and was fortunate enough to bring a client who was also a friend. We went Saturday and Sunday in 2015 when Spieth won it. We had a blast. I plan on going back in a non work environment at some point in the future.

On Saturday, I ate I think 6 egg salad sandwiches. I also spent about $1500 in the gift shop. Loaded up and then Fed Exed the loot home all right there. Everything they do there is process oriented and streamlined, including the Men's restrooms. It's such a magical place. I always said if we truly wanted to achieve world peace, we would send all world leaders to Augusta, GA for Masters week.

Have a blast, man!

tgsio

Legendary
Founder

Just got home from our last ever senior spring break. Thank you sweet baby Jesus.

The entire class....and I managed to keep the boys with us from spending a week puking drunk on the beach. Max doesn't drink..yet. But his friends do. (He'll have his first ever sip of alcohol with me on may30 if he wants it. Post graduation. He's got a bet with me he's going to win. I'm going to happily hand over that cash.) I also managed to avoid (for the most part) the equally as drunk parents (make no mistake, I was not sober, just had no interest in winding up in their pictures. At least I was getting tanked with my husband.. To his benefit 😉)

Have fun @GatorOK. Enjoy. It's beatiful and hillier than it seems. I'm not kidding. Wear comfy, grippy shoes...golf shoes are perfectly acceptable and recommended. The traction helps. I don't play golf...and I'm taking my golf shoes (husband bought them for me in hopes....). Get there early to buy merch and have it shipped home.

I have only been once...25 years ago. Kuch was the amateur and O'Meara won. The first year my husband and I were married. (2 years ago, my daughter walked the first 2 holes with Matt's mama. Lovely lady). We're flying in early Friday morning to spend the day in Charlotte and having lunch at the hotel where we vowed better or worse (keeps getting better) before heading to Augusta. And I'll probably never go again and never the way Max is going this year (He's been 3 times). When I'm reincarnated, I'm coming back as my son. 😂 We asked he and his friend where they are staying and all they know is 'a house'. I have a feeling my husband might wind up being a little jealous and a tad pissy.

The boys know to get their butts in line early and buy me a gnome. That's all I want. Got enough pullovers and hats. I drove 18 hours (should have been 15 at worst) yesterday through a complete shitshow while they slept, watched Peaky Blinders and farted in my car without bothering to roll down the window. I'm getting a fucking gnome. (I might have a gnome issue) They just asked, WHAT? i may have glared at them.. and then they said "yes ma'am". 😂

Seriously..enjoy. I can't wait to hear what you think the second you walk in and see it. Well, if won't be the second. No phones. But you know what I mean.

Max swears the chicken biscuit is to kill for. And I've raised that boy right. We know every bojangles to Dallas and Florida...and well, I'm his mother and the boy knows good food.

I'm really excited to go. There's a reason I haven't been in 25 years. All I ever had to do was tell my husband I was going. It's always my bday weekend (I'll be 50 Thursday, 30 in Merlin years, which is how I started 'aging' when I hit 40). I wanted my husband to take family and friends who would never get the chance to go otherwise. I don't appreciate golf enough to deprive others who love it the chance to go even though golf is catalyst of our entire life. <<<(Not kidding)

Last edited:

9Mounties07

Elite
Just got home from our last ever senior spring break. Thank you sweet baby Jesus.

The entire class....and I managed to keep the boys with us from spending a week puking drunk on the beach. Max doesn't drink..yet. But his friends do. (He'll have his first ever sip of alcohol with me on may30 if he wants it. Post graduation. He's got a bet with me he's going to win. I'm going to happily hand over that cash.) I also managed to avoid (for the most part) the equally as drunk parents (make no mistake, I was not sober, just had no interest in winding up in their pictures. At least I was getting tanked with my husband.. To his benefit 😉)

Have fun @GatorOK. Enjoy. It's beatiful and hillier than it seems. I'm not kidding. Wear comfy, grippy shoes...golf shoes are perfectly acceptable and recommended. The traction helps. I don't play golf...and I'm taking my golf shoes (husband bought them for me in hopes....). Get there early to buy merch and have it shipped home.

I have only been once...25 years ago. Kuch was the amateur and O'Meara won. The first year my husband and I were married. (2 years ago, my daughter walked the first 2 holes with Matt's mama. Lovely lady). We're flying in early Friday morning to spend the day in Charlotte and having lunch at the hotel where we vowed better or worse (keeps getting better) before heading to Augusta. And I'll probably never go again and never the way Max is going this year (He's been 3 times). When I'm reincarnated, I'm coming back as my son. 😂 We asked he and his friend where they are staying and all they know is 'a house'. I have a feeling my husband might wind up being a little jealous and a tad pissy.

The boys know to get their butts in line early and buy me a gnome. That's all I want. Got enough pullovers and hats. I drove 18 hours (should have been 15 at worst) yesterday through a complete shitshow while they slept, watched Peaky Blinders and farted in my car without bothering to roll down the window. I'm getting a fucking gnome. (I might have a gnome issue) They just asked, WHAT? i may have glared at them.. and then they said "yes ma'am". 😂

Seriously..enjoy. I can't wait to hear what you think the second you walk in and see it. Well, if won't be the second. No phones. But you know what

Attachments

• 20230403_074241.jpg
    20230403_074241.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Few things are as cool as Chi Chi Rodriguez and his caddie at The Masters.

rlz5nxu5b4351.jpg

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
Walked a hole with Gary Player inside the ropes years ago at Sr US Open at Prairie Dunes. Talked the entire time to his playing partner telling him the money is made on and around the greens, not off the tee box. I still have a doz pro v’s that we’re hit once on the driving range.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Walked a hole with Gary Player inside the ropes years ago at Sr US Open at Prairie Dunes. Talked the entire time to his playing partner telling him the money is made on and around the greens, not off the tee box. I still have a doz pro v’s that we’re hit once on the driving range.
Putting is definitely important, no doubt. however in the modern game, driving for show is not really a thing any more. Your distance off the tee is really important to your success in most cases.

Top Bottom