Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lettuce discuss men that 'enjoy' preparing food

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Shirley it's because yore looking for cover to start drinking right?

Were you born that way or did something happen that caused the fixation?

'rare' pepe.jpg

steak pepe.jpg

junk food and snack cakes pepe.jpg

America 1st

Founder
I don't pay a ridiculous amount like I would at a restaurant and my ex would struggle to make a frozen fucking pizza.
Gotta find you a well trained woman. Don't gotta ball & chain but if she wants the dick it's gotta come with return benefits.

Belezabro

Elite
I make the menu, grocery shop, and do 99% of the cooking. I get to eat what I want, make sure my sons get proper nutrition, and, yes, drink while I cook.

The rare times my wife has bought the groceries, she comes home with a bunch of junk. No plan, just buys what looks good.

America 1st

Founder
I make the menu, grocery shop, and do 99% of the cooking. I get to eat what I want, make sure my sons get proper nutrition, and, yes, drink while I cook.

The rare times my wife has bought the groceries, she comes home with a bunch of junk. No plan, just buys what looks good.
Did you know about the lack of cooking skills before the kids? Are you raising them to expect their women to cook? I know you enjoy the drinking but what about the cooking?

TJHall1

Legendary
Shirley it's because yore looking for cover to start drinking right?

Were you born that way or did something happen that caused the fixation?

You can't tell me that when you were single the only thing you did was eat out or order out. Never enjoyed preparing your own food? Throw some music on, tell everyone to leave you the fuck alone while you make their meal, and just start throwing shit together. I love doing it, especially the stuff I'm good at.

America 1st

Founder
You can't tell me that when you were single the only thing you did was eat out or order out. Never enjoyed preparing your own food? Throw some music on, tell everyone to leave you the fuck alone while you make their meal, and just start throwing shit together. I love doing it, especially the stuff I'm good at.
Besides a steak or pork chops? No.

America 1st

Founder
A better thread would be one discussing men who don’t like to cook. Jbfc
Steak and pork chops is fine. I'll even leave smoking in bounds but lets not get crazy.

America 1st

Founder
Who doesn't enjoy deciding what they eat and cooking it?
Why wouldn't someone be able to decide what they are eating? Why would I want to spend the time cooking it unless it is a steak?

Nape

Elite
Founder
Growing up the ladies of the family cooked. I enjoyed the fuck out of eating what they made and was a little curious how they did it. I’d help a little bit didn’t go out of my way.

Fast forward to my days at the Merc as a pit trader. Our pit closed at 2:00p and a lot of days I’d leave early if I did well. The stress there was palpable so I found that shopping for something, cooking it for my wife and I, having a cocktail, beer, wine, bourbon, or some green while doing it, was a tremendous stress reliever.

It still is to this day.

BoiseGator

Poster
Founder
About 12 years ago my oldest son told me I made the best wings ever and asked if his friends could come over and can I make them wings. I was not very good at all with the grill or in the kitchen at that time. I think because he was so proud of his dad I decided to spend more time grilling/cooking for the family.

Next thing I know grilling/cooking became about making friends and family happy and hanging out. I grew up that day and officially became an old...Feelsgoodman

And since we are memeing...

BFFC1F59-D249-485B-B66D-7A2980AACADC.jpeg

Nape

Elite
Founder
About 12 years ago my oldest son told me I made the best wings ever and asked if his friends could come over and can I make them wings. I was not very good at all with the grill or in the kitchen at that time. I think because he was so proud of his dad I decided to spend more time grilling/cooking for the family.

Next thing I know grilling/cooking became about making friends and family happy and hanging out. I grew up that day and officially became an old...Feelsgoodman
That’s exactly what it is all about. I do it not for me but for my family and friends as I know they appreciate it. I have a little bit of cooking chops but that pales to what I have in family and friends.

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
All the senses are active during the cooking process. Touch, sight, sound, smell, and taste. When you are dicing the onion, your mind is totally focused on that one thing. The resistance of the knife and the crisp sound of the slice. The process involves all your attention and gives you a break from dwelling In your mind. The mind is a terrible place to hang out in.

With all the ingredients, you create something greater than the sum of its parts. Your creation can then be shared with others. Having others consume, enjoy, and be nourished by your creation is the most any one person could do for another.

My friends/family want me to cook sometimes and I don’t feel like it. So then we make a reservation. But home Cooking was their first choice.

TJHall1

Legendary
Steak and pork chops is fine. I'll even leave smoking in bounds but lets not get crazy.
Now you're just trying too hard.
tenor.gif

America 1st

Founder
imagine going to eat at a friend’s house and the wife is doing the grilling...she probably does the driving too
I'm 27 bro. Most of my friends can't afford houses. They always come to my house when they want to get together and I definitely ain't cooking for them cuz I want them to leave eventually.

I clarified that I do the grilling and meat cooking (I'm even known to do bacon from time to time) but when somebody doesn't have family get togethers or whatnot it keeps life simple 😎

Last edited:

Belezabro

Elite
I'm 27 bro. Most of my friends can't afford houses. They always come to my house when they want to get together and I definitely ain't cooking for them cuz I want them to leave eventually.

I clarified that I do the grilling and meat cooking (I'm even known to do bacon from time to time) but when somebody doesn't have family get togethers or whatnot it keeps life simple 😎
Speaking of bacon...put bacon on a rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, then place a smaller sheet on top of the bacon and gently press down. Place the bacon in a cold oven then set the temp to 400. Check at around 20 minutes. Continue baking until desired crispness.

Tip: put tinfoil on the rimmed sheet and on the bottom of the top sheet. Less mess to clean.

JuliusLeRoy

Elite
Founder

was your original premise about what you do or what men do....there’s a difference...😎

BoiseGator

Poster
Founder
I cook to maintain a budget. Feeding a family of six gets expensive if you don’t have a plan and just eat out/order food all the time.
We just took our grown kids and their gf/spouses on a vacation to Mexico. We sit down at dinner and I said I was buying the middle son (22) asks me what his and his girlfriends budget is. I looked at him and busted out laughing.

Raising four teenagers taking them out to eat was a fortune. I realized early on before we entered a place I had to assign a budget for each kid. McDonald’s was $6, Chili’s $12, etc... It gave them the autonomy to put any combination of food, beverage and dessert together they liked. It was fun to watch them each order and leverage their budget. On occasion I’d surprise them with a $20 budget and it was like Christmas.

Anyways, thought I would share that story. We also allowed them their own shelf in the pantry. Each week they could get $20 of their choice from the grocery store. It was funny to see how they managed it and how they traded with each other.

I know it sounds crazy, but 4 teenagers and their friends can eat you out of house and home.

Best of luck!

Top Bottom