Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Joe Rogan: I'll quit podcasting if I have to "walk on eggshells"

TJHall1

Legendary
Meh, Tim Pool called his bluff tonight. He isn't going to quit. They already deleted over a hundred of his shows and he has been silent on that. He was either behind the episodes being deleted, or doesn't care. To me, that doesn't exactly scream I'll quit if you censor me.
Ya, he's full of shit also. He's big talk, tho.

BigBucnNole

Elite
Rogan had a chance to go to Rumble after Spotify deleted (censored) several of his episodes. I agree that he’s talking out of his ass here.

Rumble can't pay worth a shit. He can go independent if he absolutely had to.

Their market cap is 540mm. They'd have to leverage half the company and take a fraction of the viewers without a way to podcast and stream simultaneously.

CDDP

Legendary
Founder

Their market cap is 540mm. They'd have to leverage half the company and take a fraction of the viewers without a way to podcast and stream simultaneously.
Fair point on the money but it would be nice if he went full anti-censorship

TTUcamper

Elite
They offered him $100mm for 4 years.

With what strings? I doubt it was a straight up deal and I doubt he can easily back out of his Spotify deal.

Also the dude has a family he's very careful about. Do you really think someone wouldn't threaten them? He even has a step daughter trying to break into the music industry. You think they'd use that against him? because I do.

If it was my daughter, I'd back down and so would most.

TTUcamper

Elite
When you make $25mm a year you don’t have to back down from anyone. I don’t have a dog in the fight but Rumble CEO penned the letter and made a public offer that Rogan rejected.

That's just not true. You are assuming the offer had no strings attached and Rogan can even leave his Spotify contract (trust me he can't)

Rumble just did that for PR.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
When you make $25mm a year you don’t have to back down from anyone. I don’t have a dog in the fight but Rumble CEO penned the letter and made a public offer that Rogan rejected.
Look at what Brady ties himself two four the money. Even people that make that kind of money have two back down from thyme two thyme.

Detective John Kimble

Stop whining!
Founder

They offered him a shit ton. Plus, you don’t think Rumble’s revenue wouldn’t drastically increase with his popularity? Of course it would.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Never listened to one second of any Joe Rogan content. I will take a guess on him though. He is in it for himself and doesn't care about any censorship of anything as long as he makes bank??
Spot on.

TTUcamper

Elite
Anything other than this to explain why I am wrong?

You could listen to some of his episodes. That'd be the easiest way.

Dude had Milo on, Gavin McGinnis on, Alex Jones multiple times, Majid Nawaz, Eddie bravo, Jordan Peterson, tim Dillon, Dr Malone, Dr Peter McCullough...

Most of these guys are either banned completely or at least heavily censored. He lets them all say their piece and I can promise you Spotify would prefer the opposite

Latest posts

Top Bottom