Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is this good?

BigBucnNole

Elite

He urged Congress to allow Medicare to negotiate across the board — not just the most expensive drugs, as some lawmakers have proposed — and said that the negotiated prices would reflect the drugmakers' costs of research and development and would still provide a "significant profit" to the pharmaceutical companies.

"We don't do it," he said. "Why? Because of the drug companies."

Democrats have wanted to give Medicare that power at least since 2003, when the Medicare drug benefit law was passed — but the Republicans have always blocked it.

The Democrats, including the 2016 presidential candidates, support Medicare drug negotiations, and President Barack Obama has called for that policy in his budgets.

The pharmaceutical industry, a major player on Capitol Hill, has blocked such proposals.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Oh yeah now he is worried about drug prices after he squashed the EO Trump put in that forced drug companies to sell drugs to Americans at the same price as other countries. Basically he wants Medicare to get drugs cheaper which will force everyone else to make up the difference.

QuanChi

Elite
Homosexual rape is literally the straightest sex you can have. Think about it. Liking cocks is gay. If you have sex with a woman, she likes cocks, which is gay. If you have consensual sex with a dude, well obviously that’s gay. But dominating another man into submission against his Will is the most masculine thing a man can do.

REMESSIS

Poster
Founder
Pharma doesn’t give a fuck about selling overpriced pills anymore. The government is forcing people to take multiple experimental vaccines, with Uncle Sam footing the bill. They can afford to let the old cash cow die and sell you booster shots every 6 months for the rest of your life. Jim is just following his orders like a good communist.

BigBucnNole

Elite
No funding to make more drugs here. Shocker.

I guess it’s better than nothing tho which is what I expected from Puddin and the swamp.

told an enthusiastic crowd of about 1,000 people packed into a high school gymnasium Monday night in Farmington, N.H., that Medicare could “save $300 billion” a year by getting discounts as the biggest buyer of prescription drugs.

Sounds pretty fuggin rock solid to me.

CurtOFD78

Elite
I don't really care what party proposes prescription drug price reduction, and who backs or blocks it. Big Pharma is a VERY powerful lobby in Washington and I doubt that much of anything will change. Honestly, it's a shame because there are some drugs that are way too expensive. I would like to see the price of these medications come down but I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
told an enthusiastic crowd of about 1,000 people packed into a high school gymnasium Monday night in Farmington, N.H., that Medicare could “save $300 billion” a year by getting discounts as the biggest buyer of prescription drugs.

Sounds pretty fuggin rock solid to me.
Nice to see Puddin willing to publicly push for some of Trump’s America 1st policies.

Would be nice if he would support more of them.

BigBucnNole

Elite
I don't really care what party proposes prescription drug price reduction, and who backs or blocks it. Big Pharma is a VERY powerful lobby in Washington and I doubt that much of anything will change. Honestly, it's a shame because there are some drugs that are way too expensive. I would like to see the price of these medications come down but I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.

Interesting you brought that up about not caring which party and the pharma lobby. The article is about Biden, but nobody is going to bother reading the article here. So I went ahead and took Trump quotes from other articles talking about the exact same policy change and pretended they were Biden. Like clockwork and the NPC's they are, they bash Biden based on the quotes. lolz

CurtOFD78

Elite
Interesting you brought that up about not caring which party and the pharma lobby. The article is about Biden, but nobody is going to bother reading the article here. So I went ahead and took Trump quotes from other articles talking about the exact same policy change and pretended they were Biden. Like clockwork and the NPC's they are, they bash Biden based on the quotes. lolz
I didn't read it bro. I'm about 5 "toddies" into the evening and frankly about to go to bed. My entire point in making the post was that regardless of who is pushing to lower prescription drug prices (which I am COMPLETELY in favor of) I doubt that the most expensive medications will really be reduced much due to the influence of the big pharma lobby.

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
Is this the same thing that Trump was already doing? On top of the EO he signed making drug companies sell our drugs at the same price other countries pay? Is this a Joke? My lib buddy lost it when dummy erased the EO Trump put in place for his kids diabetes meds. I do not have to read some BS lies about Jim Biden.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder

He urged Congress to allow Medicare to negotiate across the board — not just the most expensive drugs, as some lawmakers have proposed — and said that the negotiated prices would reflect the drugmakers' costs of research and development and would still provide a "significant profit" to the pharmaceutical companies.

"We don't do it," he said. "Why? Because of the drug companies."

Democrats have wanted to give Medicare that power at least since 2003, when the Medicare drug benefit law was passed — but the Republicans have always blocked it.

The Democrats, including the 2016 presidential candidates, support Medicare drug negotiations, and President Barack Obama has called for that policy in his budgets.

The pharmaceutical industry, a major player on Capitol Hill, has blocked such proposals.
Did you say this was good when trump did it?

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
This is not a request to make all prescription drugs cheaper, only to make it cheaper for Medicare which will mean increased prices for everyone else.

They need regulations across the board on prescription prices which is what trump did that Biden revoked and insulin instantly went up 200% or more.

Other countries pay a fraction of what we do for the same drugs from the same company.

BigBucnNole

Elite
This is not a request to make all prescription drugs cheaper, only to make it cheaper for Medicare which will mean increased prices for everyone else.

They need regulations across the board on prescription prices which is what trump did that Biden revoked and insulin instantly went up 200% or more.

Other countries pay a fraction of what we do for the same drugs from the same company.

Or they just need market competition. Why do these fake conservatives push for more regulation and bigger government?

Nature of being a faggot?

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Or they just need market competition. Why do these fake conservatives push for more regulation and bigger government?

Gee can't argue a point without resorting to name calling.... I am wearing my shocked face right now.

No one said we needed more govt, but the drug companies have been screwing Americans for years. No different than regulating price gouging. If Canada is paying $100 for a vile of insulin it should not be legal to charge Americans $300 for the same vile of a life saving and required drug to live.

Not a hard concept but I understand that all you are trying to do is have a friday troll so carry on peasant

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
Damage has already been done. Pharma been out of control for decades and DC turns it's eyes. Too many pharma lobbyists on congress payrolls.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder

There is a reason conservatism is dying.

It’s not good policy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom