Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Republicans realize abortion is a losing issue and are upset about the timing of this decision

“This is not a conversation we want to have,” said John Thomas, a Republican strategist who works on House campaigns across the country. “We want to have a conversation about the economy. We want to have a conversation about Joe Biden, about pretty much anything else besides Roe … This is a losing issue for Republicans.”

In Republican circles, a consensus has been forming for weeks that the court’s overturning of a significant — and highly popular — precedent on a deeply felt issue will be a liability for the party in the midterms and beyond, undercutting Republicans to at least some degree with moderates and suburban women.

Before Roe came down, said a former Republican congressman familiar with the party’s campaign operation, “Everything was going our way. Gas is above $5. Inflation is a giant problem.”

“The only thing [Democrats] have got going for them is the Roe thing, which is what, 40 years of settled law that will be changed that will cause some societal consternation,” said the former congressman, granted anonymity to speak candidly. “And can they turn that into some turnout? I think the answer is probably ‘Yes.’”

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Nothing is outlawed. The political document the provided universal abortions was overturned. No law. So anything not expressly cited in the constitution is delegated back to the states. 1oth ammendment.
Those are never Trumpers who are really just the uniparty of the swamp

TJHall1

Legendary
That is the end result of this court decision, yes.
You can still get an abortion and probably easier and later term than before this ruling. So stop acting like it’s some kind of victory.
It's a victory for you and your future whore daughters. They'll be able to get wasted and plow randoms and have no worries. And we can kill all the possible downs babies too since they're harder to take care of.

catreaper

Master Baiter
Regardless of how anyone feels, the proper thing was done. Overturned and giving states rights back. If you truly believe in the literal foundation this country was built around, then you know this was the correct decision.

Nothing describes America right now more than the outrage we’re seeing. Complete inability to take any responsibility for your own actions. Fuck the government for not letting me kill my baby in certain states.

Pineapple

Legendary
“This is not a conversation we want to have,” said John Thomas, a Republican strategist who works on House campaigns across the country. “We want to have a conversation about the economy. We want to have a conversation about Joe Biden, about pretty much anything else besides Roe … This is a losing issue for Republicans.”

In Republican circles, a consensus has been forming for weeks that the court’s overturning of a significant — and highly popular — precedent on a deeply felt issue will be a liability for the party in the midterms and beyond, undercutting Republicans to at least some degree with moderates and suburban women.

Before Roe came down, said a former Republican congressman familiar with the party’s campaign operation, “Everything was going our way. Gas is above $5. Inflation is a giant problem.”

“The only thing [Democrats] have got going for them is the Roe thing, which is what, 40 years of settled law that will be changed that will cause some societal consternation,” said the former congressman, granted anonymity to speak candidly. “And can they turn that into some turnout? I think the answer is probably ‘Yes.’”

catreaper

Master Baiter
Nothing triggers me more than hearing people scream about how conservatives not caring about babies once they are born. I have witnessed for the last 3 years my sister trying to adopt a baby nobody wanted. She’s payed tens of thousands of dollars just to make it happen.

How about instead of funding abortions, you make adoption more easy. The adoption just went through btw and I couldn’t be a more proud Uncle.

Last edited:

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Maybe watch the news. It absolutely is a victory for life. The demons are shrieking.
Ok. But several blue states will loosen abortion restrictions to alllw much later term abortions.

Again, read my comments above, I think scotus got it right. Doesn’t mean it’s a victory for anyone though.

Pineapple

Legendary
Nothing triggers me more than hearing people scream about how conservatives not caring about babies once they are born. I have witnessed for the last 3 years my sister trying to adopt a baby nobody wanted. She’s payed tens of thousands of dollars just to make it happen.

How about instead of funding abortions, you make adoption more easier. The adoption just went through btw and I couldn’t be a more proud Uncle.

View attachment 113294
My sister and her husband, don’t have much money, but basically adopted a kid that a mom kicked out. Woman is on drugs and kicked him. My sister? Live with us. Had to go to court after the mom found out and tried to get the kid back. Kid is a friend of my nephew. And for the moron libs that call all whites racist? The kid happens to be black. Has lived with them for two years. And they pay for everything for him.

We absolutely care about all life.

Pineapple

Legendary
Ok. But several blue states will loosen abortion restrictions to alllw much later term abortions.

Again, read my comments above, I think scotus got it right. Doesn’t mean it’s a victory for anyone though.
It’s a victory man. There is another facet coming for the “trust the science” group. The fetal rights case will establish that. This was the first step. My suspicion, based on the biological science, is that abortion after 21 days is murder.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
It’s a victory man. There is another facet coming for the “trust the science” group. The fetal rights case will establish that. This was the first step. My suspicion, based on the biological science, is that abortion after 21 days is murder.
Well it will be up to the states. If you think New York is going to say 21 days we will just have to agree to disagree.

Some of the southern states you may be correct.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
I don’t disagree that it’s not the most important issue for most people.

That being said Republicans are also on the wrong side of the issue with most people. The mental gymnastics it would take to argue otherwise are significant.
This shouldn't be a political issue it's a moral issue.. people need to stay in their fucking lane and out of other peoples business

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Regardless of how anyone feels, the proper thing was done. Overturned and giving states rights back. If you truly believe in the literal foundation this country was built around, then you know this was the correct decision.

Nothing describes America right now more than the outrage we’re seeing. Complete inability to take any responsibility for your own actions. Fuck the government for not letting me kill my baby in certain states.
You are 100% correct. If this was such an important issue to demonstrate they should have codified it in the past 40 years. There is no right to an abortion in the constitution so it falls to the State to regulate it

Last edited:

catreaper

Master Baiter
Because they fucking want one..and why do you even care? How does someone across the country killing a baby change your life. Who cares if you think its right or wrong who made you the God of morality
Because i truly believe it is murder. Does that explain it enough for your simple mind? I’m not the “God of Morality”, but you can GFY if you want to kill babies.

Simple as that.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Because i truly believe it is murder. Does that explain it enough for your simple mind? I’m not the “God of Morality”, but you can GFY if you want to kill babies.

Simple as that.
Noone gives a fuck what you truly believe. You're not special

I've got no problem killing babies that's something I gotta live with not you.. so you GFY

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I don’t disagree that it’s not the most important issue for most people.

That being said Republicans are also on the wrong side of the issue with most people. The mental gymnastics it would take to argue otherwise are significant.
I think you are wrong. More people are against abortion in USA than for it. When gas is 8bucks a gallon no one is voting for the party in power anymore.

Top Bottom