Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is it possible to get a thread push pinned at the top for all videos 10 minutes or longer?

Shaun52

SCAR Cawk Connoisseur
Founder
@Croot_Overlord

Just a thread for videos not any other Twitter posts and the like that way we can reference back to one thread that has the long videos because it’s a pain in the ass trying to search through the Fraggle thread for them

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Who watches a ten minute video unless it’s Jeremy Clarkson driving a new German car around a track? Weird.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Who watches a ten minute video unless it’s Jeremy Clarkson driving a new German car around a track? Weird.
jeremy-clarkson-sometimes-my-genius.gif

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
@HiddenLakes one of the big things we want to do with this site is 1. Present information better, 2. Archive it better so it is easier to find

So as far as presentation, that’s why we created the homepage. We link videos and articles on the homepage to where the my are in DYCA. But problem is, once they fall off the homepage they are gone.

We are working on keeping a backlog of everything that cycles through and giving it some tags that make it searchable. Not through the forum, but from our own interface. And then the links from that interface will take you to a spot on the forum.

So we are working up a system where people can tag @TFSF News on articles/videos they want posted. Those articles/videos will go in the homepage, and the homepage link will take you to a spot on the forum where the media was pasted.

And as things fall off the homepage, they will go into our own searchable/sortable database. Xenforos search function is awful, so having our own archive we can display things much easier

Thoughts?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
So go to the homepage (I know a lot of people don’t even realize it exists) and click the text/links below the videos/thumbnails and they will take you to the specific spot in DYCA. Like I said though, the problem currently is once they go off the homepage they are gone.

We want to just move those posts to a searchable database. Basically our own search engine that sources its information directly from the forum.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
So go to the homepage (I know a lot of people don’t even realize it exists) and click the text/links below the videos/thumbnails and they will take you to the specific spot in DYCA. Like I said though, the problem currently is once they go off the homepage they are gone.

We want to just move those posts to a searchable database. Basically our own search engine that sources its information directly from the forum.
Attempting to hit the forum and not see the homepage, feels so amazing when you can pull it off.

1642824790140.gif

Top Bottom