Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Iowa Fans Welcome Penn State Fans to Iowa City This Weekend

khael-hawk

One of the Main Maniacs for Sure
Founder
Don't worry, I picked it of tMB - they've seen it. Besides, I'm somewhat opposed to continuing to rake PSU fans over the coals for their mistakes. I hope their school learned its lesson and this sort of thing will never happen again.

That being said, this is a genius sign.

BTAvenger

Elite
Confident eh?
I am…IF we(Clifford) doesn’t turn it over. Iowa is good but The number of turnovers that they have generated in the first five games is unsustainable. And they have feasted on short fields off those turnovers. Statistically the offense is pretty pedestrian if they have to go the full length of the field. The PSU defense is strong and our secondary is outstanding. I certainly could be proven wrong but I don’t think Iowa is going to have a whole lot of success offensively.

Iowa is stout defensively and will probably control the LOS. We have struggled running the ball this season and unfortunately there’s not much reason to expect differently on Saturday. So like I said it all boils down to Sean Clifford. If he turns it over multiple times we probably lose. If he takes care of the football we probably win. If he is extremely sharp we probably win bigger than expected. I say that because if Clifford is very sharp PSU has better athletes top to bottom than Iowa. If he sucks (which certainly is not out of the realm of possibility) our advantages athletically are mitigated.

TJHall1

Legendary
I am…IF we(Clifford) doesn’t turn it over. Iowa is good but The number of turnovers that they have generated in the first five games is unsustainable. And they have feasted on short fields off those turnovers. Statistically the offense is pretty pedestrian if they have to go the full length of the field. The PSU defense is strong and our secondary is outstanding. I certainly could be proven wrong but I don’t think Iowa is going to have a whole lot of success offensively.

Iowa is stout defensively and will probably control the LOS. We have struggled running the ball this season and unfortunately there’s not much reason to expect differently on Saturday. So like I said it all boils down to Sean Clifford. If he turns it over multiple times we probably lose. If he takes care of the football we probably win. If he is extremely sharp we probably win bigger than expected. I say that because if Clifford is very sharp PSU has better athletes top to bottom than Iowa. If he sucks (which certainly is not out of the realm of possibility) our advantages athletically are mitigated.
Every game this year everyone says the iowa defense can't keep producing turnovers like they did the game before, and 5 games in a row they've done it. It's not luck.

BTAvenger

Elite
Every game this year everyone says the iowa defense can't keep producing turnovers like they did the game before, and 5 games in a row they've done it. It's not luck.
I didn’t say it was luck. I said that number of turnovers forced is not sustainable over the course of a season.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I know that were “Free Shoes U” and “crab legs” and shit, but I swear, the pedophilia at Penn State jokes and Notre Dame camera death jokes will never get old. Ever.

CadetHawk

Elite
Founder
I'll be there and can't wait to watch Iowa win. Kinnick will be rocking. Iowa will turn Clifford over and Iowa's special teams are better. Charlie Jones will return a punt for a td.

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
Who has penn st played? Brock Purdy is 1st team big twelve qb last year. Tagovailoa was playing like a top 10 qb in the country before the iowa game.
I legitimately don't know nor am I a Penn State supporter. I'll take your response as nobody good.

BTAvenger

Elite
I'll be there and can't wait to watch Iowa win. Kinnick will be rocking. Iowa will turn Clifford over and Iowa's special teams are better. Charlie Jones will return a punt for a td.
Well…our kicker hasn’t had a kickoff returned all season. And he is probably the 1st team all B1G punter right now too. Not sure how your STs can be better than that.

And with Jahan Dotson as our PR…I’ll take my guy in that matchup there.

BTAvenger

Elite
I legitimately don't know nor am I a Penn State supporter. I'll take your response as nobody good.
Regardless of what has happened since playing Wisconsin in Madison in week one is no joke. And we’ve also beaten Auburn. We have a common opponent in Indiana who we essentially both beat by the same margin.

TJHall1

Legendary
Both played Indiana and won easily.

PSU beat Wisconsin and Auburn. Those two are easily better than anyone Iowa beat. Hope this helps.

Wisconsin is 1-3 and and has the worst qb I've ever seen LOL. Iowa st would throttle them and will contend for big 12 championship.

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
The big 12 is garbage. But iowa st has a top 10 defense, a top 10 qb, and top 3 running back in the country. If you think they're garbage you're a fuckin moron.
And they've also played UNI, UNLV, Baylor and Kansas. A true murderers row.

TJHall1

Legendary
And they've also played UNI, UNLV, Baylor and Kansas. A true murderers row.
They returned 20 of 22 starters from a team that went 9-3 and beat oklahoma and Oregon in the Fiesta bowl. Like I said, if you think that's garbage you're a fuckin moron.

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
They returned 20 of 22 starters from a team that went 9-3 and beat oklahoma and Oregon in the Fiesta bowl. Like I said, if you think that's garbage you're a fuckin moron.
Wow man, you're really taking this hard. Were you the guy who said you boycotted Iowa bc of BLM?

TJHall1

Legendary
Wow man, you're really taking this hard. Were you the guy who said you boycotted Iowa bc of BLM?
Taking what hard? I'm perfectly fine. Since when is calling someone a moron taking something hard?

And no, I never said I boycotted anything. I said I only watched like 2 or 3 full games last year because of the kneeling for the anthem.

BTAvenger

Elite
The big 12 is garbage. But iowa st has a top 10 defense, a top 10 qb, and top 3 running back in the country. If you think they're garbage you're a fuckin moron.
Top 10 against who? They are dogshit. Purdy is mediocre. Breece Hall has flopped this year. I take it you bought into the Breece Hall preseason Heisman talk. Imagine asserting that he is a top 3 TB in the country 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Hell…Goodson is better than he is. Maybe you need to watch some other teams play that are outside the state of Iowa. Because if you think Iowa State is good…wow.

TJHall1

Legendary
Top 10 against who? They are dogshit. Purdy is mediocre. Breece Hall has flopped this year. I take it you bought into the Breece Hall preseason Heisman talk. Imagine asserting that he is a top 3 TB in the country 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Hell…Goodson is better than he is. Maybe you need to watch some other teams play that are outside the state of Iowa. Because if you think Iowa State is good…wow.
Purdy was 1st team in a league that churns out nfl qbs. Look at any qb stat or metric this year and Purdy is up there. Hall was 1st 2nd in rushing in the country and an all American. A flop this year? 110 yds a game is a flop? You really are a moron aren't you?

TJHall1

Legendary
And holy fucking shit if you think Goodson is better than hall. Im an iowa fan, love Goodson, but that is one of the most ridiculous things I've read. Idiotic. Hall is a for sure first 2 day draft pick if he leaves this year. Goodson would be lucky to get drafted ever.

Top Bottom