Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Inflation protected ETFs

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
I put some stuff in gdx, gdxj, straight gold and silver. Those are all good hedges.
Already own some miners - Basically looking to where to put my liquid cash "savings" so its not sitting in the bank losing value every day

TTUcamper

Elite
Already own some miners - Basically looking to where to put my liquid cash "savings" so its not sitting in the bank losing value every day

You could always put it in crypto that's backed by gold. I currently have some of that.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I am looking to move some of my extra cash savings over to a short term inflation protected ETF. Any reason I shouldn't do this?

i don’t see any reason that you shouldnt do it. Don’t think it can hurt, inflation numbers have been coming in higher than expected. Maybe the fed manages it and it works out well, but then again maybe they loose control of it. A LOT of money has been printed and I don’t think there are any guarantees

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
i don’t see any reason that you shouldnt do it. Don’t think it can hurt, inflation numbers have been coming in higher than expected. Maybe the fed manages it and it works out well, but then again maybe they loose control of it. A LOT of money has been printed and I don’t think there are any guarantees
That’s what I’m thinking. It’s not really an important play for me at all, just felt like it made best sense to hold my more liquid funds in something like that for now

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
I don’t get it. Investing in equities is a protection against inflation. Why would you want a safe ETF. With reduced returns? The returns are the offset of inflation.

Invest for long term. If you want a short term haven against inflation, then you are over thinking it. Because what is short term? 6 months? 12? How much is your fear?

If you think you will need quick access to your investment, then Gold. But don’t reduce the upside potential in individual equites during a peak in inflation. Sales revenue increases and profit increases. As the metrics of year over year sales are measured in dollars.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
I don’t get it. Investing in equities is a protection against inflation. Why would you want a safe ETF. With reduced returns? The returns are the offset of inflation.

Invest for long term. If you want a short term haven against inflation, then you are over thinking it. Because what is short term? 6 months? 12? How much is your fear?

If you think you will need quick access to your investment, then Gold. But don’t reduce the upside potential in individual equites during a peak in inflation. Sales revenue increases and profit increases. As the metrics of year over year sales are measured in dollars.
Its really not complicated. I own plenty of equities in my retirement accounts. This is a matter of my "savings". I just wanted an alternative to a savings account right now.

QuanChi

Elite

Yeah equities SHOULD do well, but what happens if the fed starts ratcheting up the interest rates faster than everyone expects?

Latest posts

Top Bottom