Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Identity Theft

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Dude had my fucking DL w his pic on it. He also had a supposed voided check w one of my accts.

Cocksucker was trying to bump my cell phone and replace the sim card to attempt to raid my acct.

UNTIL I sent the long arm of the law down to arrest him.
Many of us have been touched by identity theft. Not as bad as this in my case. Good luck.

Once touched with this you learn quickly to guard info you put out. For instance, I never put my SSN on any application and restrict whom I let photocopy my driver's license. Some companies get twisted when those blocks are left blank. I ask, "Have you ever been touched by identity theft? If not, someday you'll understand."

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
Many of us have been touched by identity theft. Not as bad as this in my case. Good luck.

Once touched with this you learn quickly to guard info you put out. For instance, I never put my SSN on any application and restrict whom I let photocopy my driver's license. Some companies get twisted when those blocks are left blank. I ask, "Have you ever been touched by identity theft? If not, someday you'll understand."
I'm super diligent. I run two businesses.

Rare instance where I had to present a check and DL simultaneously. Thinking my municipality for a parking permit. Will hopefully find out shortly.

Good news..... I got this mother fvcker arrested in the act.

Bad news is he had multiple IDs on him. Definitely a much bigger operation.

Roarrrrrr

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

Rare instance where I had to present a check and DL simultaneously. Thinking my municipality for a parking permit. Will hopefully find out shortly.

Roarrrrrr
How did you actually catch him?

champsballs

Elite
Founder

Roarrrrrr

Spill the beans pizza boy.
My dumbass wife got got a few months ago by Amazon acct scam. She got an email that the acct had been hacked and she needed to give a bunch of info to get to account unlocked. Gave them her debit card info AND my card info, she wouldn't admit it but I know she gave her ss#. Couple hours later she called me crying after she had realized what she had done. Luckily I already had her on lifelock cuz this isn't the first retarded thing shes done and they're pretty easy to deal with just gave them a heads up and they said they already had seen suspicious activity. Also lucky we have a good bank that i've been with forever and made sure we got every penny back that was pending.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Yeah, I want to hear how you caught them also. Not an easy task to catch someone red handed with multiple ID's. And then to get the cops to actually pay attention and do something about it.

@TheNJNole

Long story to type. We should just do a party line. Plus I'm much more animated
I’ll set up a conference call later

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
Received a text notice from cell carrier that a change to my account was in progress and it may impact my bill. I was like, wth!. I thought it was my wife trying to pay the bill or something, so I texted her. She was at work, so I paid no mind to her nonreply.

Minutes later I received a text requesting approval for a change of sim card. Immediately I knew this was fraud and declined it. Right away I called the cell carrier. The rep told me the transaction was actually still in progress at a location several hundred miles away. I emphatically, as a Sicilian / Irish kid would do, demanded she get the store on the phone and stop the transaction.

She conferenced the store on the line. I spoke with a rep who stated the person at the counter was upgrading to an IPhone 14 and wanted a new sim card. I asked how did you verify him WITHOUT MY PIN CODE? She replied that he presented a NJ DL with my name. She confirmed my name and that the DL was from NJ. I asked the description of the tortfeasor and she stated he was a black male. Clear lee not me. Holy fvcking shit!

I screamed for the store manager to get on the line. At the same time, I called that local PD with the cell carrier and the store manager on the line. The dispatch asked several questions of the local store manager. In attempts to stall him at the counter, the store rep attempted to reprocess the sim card request again, which of course I denied. I also asked if the store could confiscate the DL until the police arrived. These fuckers would not oblige.

Within 5-6 minutes several police arrived. This cocksuck was engaged and taken to the back of the store. I gave one of the officers the details of what transpired and I sent her a picture of my real NJ DL.

Ten minutes it was communicated to me that this fvcker had been arrested. He was in fact in possession of my NJ DL, however, it had a picture of a Black dude on it. Secondly, he was in possession of multiple ID's. So, definitely not a good day for him.

Two hours later the officer called me back and stated this POS had a copy of a voided check with my information in his possession. I confirmed the institution and the account number. I'm totally blown away at this point. Now, this has taken an even more sinister turn.

I'm in the due diligence process of trying to identify where the breech occurred and of course I immediately ensured my financials, SS#, etc were on lock down.

This has also been forwarded to the US Secret Service.

Mr.Fitzwell

Legendary
Received a text notice from cell carrier that a change to my account was in progress and it may impact my bill. I was like, wth!. I thought it was my wife trying to pay the bill or something, so I texted her. She was at work, so I paid no mind to her nonreply.

Minutes later I received a text requesting approval for a change of sim card. Immediately I knew this was fraud and declined it. Right away I called the cell carrier. The rep told me the transaction was actually still in progress at a location several hundred miles away. I emphatically, as a Sicilian / Irish kid would do, demanded she get the store on the phone and stop the transaction.

She conferenced the store on the line. I spoke with a rep who stated the person at the counter was upgrading to an IPhone 14 and wanted a new sim card. I asked how did you verify him WITHOUT MY PIN CODE? She replied that he presented a NJ DL with my name. She confirmed my name and that the DL was from NJ. I asked the description of the tortfeasor and she stated he was a black male. Clear lee not me. Holy fvcking shit!

I screamed for the store manager to get on the line. At the same time, I called that local PD with the cell carrier and the store manager on the line. The dispatch asked several questions of the local store manager. In attempts to stall him at the counter, the store rep attempted to reprocess the sim card request again, which of course I denied. I also asked if the store could confiscate the DL until the police arrived. These fuckers would not oblige.

Within 5-6 minutes several police arrived. This cocksuck was engaged and taken to the back of the store. I gave one of the officers the details of what transpired and I sent her a picture of my real NJ DL.

Ten minutes it was communicated to me that this fvcker had been arrested. He was in fact in possession of my NJ DL, however, it had a picture of a Black dude on it. Secondly, he was in possession of multiple ID's. So, definitely not a good day for him.

Two hours later the officer called me back and stated this POS had a copy of a voided check with my information in his possession. I confirmed the institution and the account number. I'm totally blown away at this point. Now, this has taken an even more sinister turn.

I'm in the due diligence process of trying to identify where the breech occurred and of course I immediately ensured my financials, SS#, etc were on lock down.

Wholly CHIT man! 😲

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
Wholly CHIT man! 😲
This cocksucker was going to initiate a new sim, thus effectively terminating MY phone. Likely attempt to breach one of my accounts as banks now send authentication codes to a cell phone.

May be hard, but I'm sure they have something figured out. The mere fact these folk's can be sophisticated, I'm sure they have thought through some scenarios I didn't even consider.

HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE TO PROVIDE YOUR PIN AUTHENTICATION ANY TIME YOU CHANE YOUR ACCOUNT.

Cell carrier stated that because a physical ID was presented, they DO NOT REQUIRE A PIN AUTHENTICATION.

I CALLED THE CARRIER AND HAD NOTES PLACED ON THE ACCOUNT FOR THE FUTURE AS TO NOT PROCEED WITHOUT PIN AUTHENTICATION.

Seriously, they hassle you nonstop about security code, but they don't use it for the MOST IMPORTANT aspects! UN FUCKING BELIEVABLE

Last edited:

Mr.Fitzwell

Legendary
This cocksucker was going to initiate a new sim, thus effectively terminating MY phone. Likely attempt to breach one of my accounts as banks now send authentication codes to a cell phone.

May be hard, but I'm sure they have something figured out. The mere fact these folk's can be sophisticated, I'm sure they have thought through some scenarios I didn't even consider.

HOW CAN YOU NOW HAVE TO PROVIDE YOUR PIN AUTHENTICATION ANY TIME YOU CHANE YOUR ACCOUNT.

Cell carrier stated that because a physical ID was presented, they DO NOT REQUIRE A PIN AUTHENTICATION.

I CALLED THE CARRIER AND HAD NOTES PLACED ON THE ACCOUNT FOR THE FUTURE AS TO NOT PROCEED WITHOUT PIN AUTHENTICATION.

Seriously, they hassle you nonstop about security code, but they don't use it for the MOST IMPORTANT aspects! UN FUCKING BELIEVABLE
Goddamn dude...scary shit for sure! Glad you were able to take care of it!

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder

JFC......prayer scents to TFSF. You just opened OUR DOOR to the worst criminals of all.

Leave yore house immediately and head to off grid location asap bro.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
I would have loved to have seen the look on his face when the Police arrived.

One bad guy down. Hope they bust the ring!
Worse than that would have been if you followed them to the police station.......

The look on yore face when said POS is immediately release with NO BAIL.

:mad:🤬🤬

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

Thanks for taking the time to type it out. Hell of a story that others might be able to learn from

Hope we can get a picture of the perp

champsballs

Elite
Founder

That is one hell of an operation this guy was involved in. Glad you got this cocksucker before he did some serious damage. We have recently had issues with fuel theft because the card scimmers and that kinda stuff has gotten popular and really easy to get, but nothing close to the type of stuff you just had happen it's a little scary to be honest.

Also, couldn't help myself when I read the part about the picture on the ID.
maxresdefault.jpg

eb102993

Poster
Wow these stories are crazy.
Yesterday my SIM card went bad but before that I thought there was something wrong with my phone itself.
I called Verizon and they would not help me because my pin was invalid. I could not remember my pin so I angrily hung up because they couldn’t help.
I went to the Verizon store and got a new SIM card with just my drivers license.
I think that’s a good idea to have the special note on there for no new SIM card without pin.
It all makes sense now

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
Damn @TheNJNole, much respect for getting the cops there at the same time as having the store on the phone. Any idea how that asshole got a copy of your ID?
My though is it had to be a situation where I presented both a DL and a check simultaneously, which is extremely rare. The check the Brother had was from 2019 and was a very very small amount.

I don't write many physical checks.

I'm thinking my municipal parking authority for a parking permit. Still on going... Ordered a copy of the check from my bank. Any day

Top Bottom