Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I went off today on people trying to make me wear a mask

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
I have had it with this shit. I’m fixing to turn the asshole meter up to 10 and leave it there until Roy fucking Cooper is dead and buried.

short story- went to a lacrosse game at UNC and had it out with the poor security people who were charged with enforcing mask compliance. It really got ugly when I got one of them to admit that the only reason anyone cared was because the game was on TV.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I have had it with this shit. I’m fixing to turn the asshole meter up to 10 and leave it there until Roy fucking Cooper is dead and buried.

short story- went to a lacrosse game at UNC and had it out with the poor security people who were charged with enforcing mask compliance. It really got ugly when I got one of them to admit that the only reason anyone cared was because the game was on TV.
I’m with you man. I walk around hoping someone says something so I can argue

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Those people are making minimum wage working the door to support their family. You’re yelling at the wrong people.

no, I’m not. And first off- this is the same defense (albeit on a different scale ) that Nazi concentration guards made “I was just doing my job”

Second, if they don’t want me to get in their face, then back the fuck off. Do you think some ticket office person is going to be fired for not noticing someone wasn’t wearing a mask?

finally, if they are going to make it about safety, then do your goddam job. Example- I went into the men’s room and every other urinal was taped off. However you could stand right next to someone at the sink, because none of those were taped. Tell me why that’s ok

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
I respect your decision, but I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t live without Costco, Target, Walmart, Kroger, or Amazon. Good for you though.

I quit going to Costco and I don’t wear one anywhere else. If anyone said anything to me, I would leave.

I am able to shop from Amazon from my computer though. You should try it- pretty easy.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Keep up the good fight OP. Fuck the mask clowns

here’s my thing- if you want to say the mask is for safety- make sure everything else is in line before you ask me to put on a mask.

at one point when I was bitching at security (there were 3 of them) I made them all move 6’ away from me because those are the rules.

I really absolutely verbally pulverized another kid who was probably 22 or 23. I didn’t enjoy it one bit (and my wife(50) and dad(72) who were with me(50) were embarrassed for her), but if she can’t handle the push back, then she needs to call someone who can. This shit has got to stop and if you are trying to fuck with me about it, better be ready to go.

PinkelsVisor

Elite
Founder
There is a meat market owned by a buddy of mine nearby. No masks and he sells tons of alcohol as well. I’ve been going there a lot the last year.

The gas station near my house doesn’t enforce masks either, and none of the workers wear them (QuickTrip).

Also have found about 3-4 restaurants near us that don’t require them. Workers still in them but some half adding it.

These are places I choose to frequent now. I haven’t stepped foot inside a big box store in about 6 months, with the exception of Lowe’s recently and I was surprised to see it was about 50/50 on the masks.

Hoping that was a sign of things to come. Regardless what happens, I’ll continue supporting the small businesses near us that didn’t go overboard with the mask bullshit.

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
There is a meat market owned by a buddy of mine nearby. No masks and he sells tons of alcohol as well. I’ve been going there a lot the last year.

The gas station near my house doesn’t enforce masks either, and none of the workers wear them (QuickTrip).

Also have found about 3-4 restaurants near us that don’t require them. Workers still in them but some half adding it.

These are places I choose to frequent now. I haven’t stepped foot inside a big box store in about 6 months, with the exception of Lowe’s recently and I was surprised to see it was about 50/50 on the masks.

Hoping that was a sign of things to come. Regardless what happens, I’ll continue supporting the small businesses near us that didn’t go overboard with the mask bullshit.
STL or KC area?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Also BTW, we are gonna have a new shop up tomorrow - and there are masks. I told him that you guys would make fun of me for having masks on there, but.... they are there

Dinkis14

Poster
Founder
I quit going to Costco and I don’t wear one anywhere else. If anyone said anything to me, I would leave.

I am able to shop from Amazon from my computer though. You should try it- pretty easy.
Your loss. Costco is great. I hope you don’t watch tv, as Disney, Microsoft, and Fox Corp (not sure about CNN) require masks to enter their building. I wouldn’t want you to come off as a hypocrite.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Your loss. Costco is great. I hope you don’t watch tv, as Disney, Microsoft, and Fox Corp (not sure about CNN) require masks to enter their building. I wouldn’t want you to come off as a hypocrite.
Are you trolling or just stupid?

Those you mentioned are private corporations. The University of North Carolina is a public facility and I had all rights to be there.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
still a law in NC.
Went to our cabin in Lake Lure last year for tits bday and didn't have any real problems with people hassling us. Came home and at our local bar had tourist get on us saying, "are you immune to the corona virus?' my response?
734001bfc6513fa0589f93c6963180d7.gif

Dinkis14

Poster
Founder
I didn’t bring up Costco you moron. You did. But I did bring up UNC in my OP.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
I never brought up the OP...moron. I quoted someone else, before you started your gibberish. It’s a shame how far the UNC education has actually fallen. Once upon a time, it was considered a public Ivy League. Now people just laugh.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
I never brought up the OP...moron. I quoted someone else, before you started your gibberish. It’s a shame how far the UNC education has actually fallen. Once upon a time, it was considered a public Ivy League. Now people just laugh.

congrats for making the ignore list. It’s a short list of 2.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
Are you trolling or just stupid?

Those you mentioned are private corporations. The University of North Carolina is a public facility and I had all rights to be there.
This is correct, especially if it’s an outdoor event. Follow the science, there’s no reason outside to wear a mask unless at a riot,

Seagulls

Poster
no, I’m not. And first off- this is the same defense (albeit on a different scale ) that Nazi concentration guards made “I was just doing my job”

Second, if they don’t want me to get in their face, then back the fuck off. Do you think some ticket office person is going to be fired for not noticing someone wasn’t wearing a mask?

finally, if they are going to make it about safety, then do your goddam job. Example- I went into the men’s room and every other urinal was taped off. However you could stand right next to someone at the sink, because none of those were taped. Tell me why that’s ok
Stock people loading shelves are just doing their jobs. Truckers who transport are just doing their jobs. Cashiers who check people out are just doing their jobs. All on that exact same scale. It’s people scanning tickets/ushering as a job to help get income to their family. They were told to make sure people have masks on and it’s a nightmare because they don’t want to do it, and especially don’t want to do it and be attacked by assholes. That’s why they do a shitty job, they don’t want to do it just as much as you don’t want them to do it. All you did today was make their mundane job and day worse. Congrats.

Dinkis14

Poster
Founder
Stock people loading shelves are just doing their jobs. Truckers who transport are just doing their jobs. Cashiers who check people out are just doing their jobs. All on that exact same scale. It’s people scanning tickets/ushering as a job to help get income to their family. They were told to make sure people have masks on and it’s a nightmare because they don’t want to do it, and especially don’t want to do it and be attacked by assholes. That’s why they do a shitty job, they don’t want to do it just as much as you don’t want them to do it. All you did today was make their mundane job and day worse. Congrats.
There is no room for common sense in this thread.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder

They didn't really show the fans much, anyway. I watched the game (good win after a sloppy start). I think I noticed them showing the fans twice.

Don’t try to use logic...there is none and there has never been any sort of logic used throughout this entire process. The funny thing is most libs like to believe they are the smarter side, but have these fucktards ever taken a course in philosophy or some sort of logic? I thought it was required for just about every field at least on an introductory level. Its like they are completely void of logic. It truly baffles me.

TJHall1

Legendary
I respect your decision, but I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t live without Costco, Target, Walmart, Kroger, or Amazon. Good for you though.
You couldn't live without those?? Weird, because millions, and millions of people can. And you claim to have common sense? Hahaha jackass.

Top Bottom