Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I went off today on people trying to make me wear a mask

Dinkis14

Poster
Founder
You couldn't live without those?? Weird, because millions, and millions of people can. And you claim to have common sense? Hahaha jackass.
I’m sure I do many things millions do or don’t do. It’s funny how some of you off the rails when someone has a difference in opinion.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Stock people loading shelves are just doing their jobs. Truckers who transport are just doing their jobs. Cashiers who check people out are just doing their jobs. All on that exact same scale. It’s people scanning tickets/ushering as a job to help get income to their family. They were told to make sure people have masks on and it’s a nightmare because they don’t want to do it, and especially don’t want to do it and be attacked by assholes. That’s why they do a shitty job, they don’t want to do it just as much as you don’t want them to do it. All you did today was make their mundane job and day worse. Congrats.

no, I wasn’t bitching at the people scanning tickets. I was bitching at the people whose only job was to make sure everyone was wearing a mask.

I didn’t enjoy it at all and took no pleasure in chewing their asses about the mask stupidity. But they are running point, so unfortunately they have to catch it first.

TheGratefulReb

Neanderthal in Chief
Founder
Amazing the difference in states. The only place in town really keeping up with the theater of it all is Ole Miss. But even then, it's just mask for entry (which i still didn't wear, no one said anything). The security guard in our area (black dude, his name is Q) said they don't work...he just has to wear it for the job (around his chin). I'd say about 1% of people put them on while walking around the stadium, and that's probably because they were visiting from lockdown areas. We're pretty normal around here now. Its nice.

Even the corporate chains like Kroger and Walmart have the sign out front, but no one is enforcing it. I asked one employee pushing the carts about it. He said he ain't a snitch and doesn't get paid enough to be a mask cop.

4n6tox

Poster
NC is really embarrassing at this point. There is actual data at this point with many states fully opened. The populace in the metro areas love the masks though so it empowers the governor. They are following the "science" even though everyday more and more "science" is being released that refutes masks, social distancing, and maybe even the vaccine efficacy against variants.

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
I respect your decision, but I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t live without Costco, Target, Walmart, Kroger, or Amazon. Good for you though.
Neve wore a mask into any of those places. They say something I say I dont wear a mask. My choice and I do not want to wear one. I dont use the excuse BS. I say straight up Nope. and keep moving

Ghost Hawg

Poster
Founder
I love purposely walking into stores without a mask on so I can watch some idiot bolt out from behind the counter to tell me I need to be wearing one to enter. It’s like they can’t wait to pounce on someone for stepping foot inside the premises without a masks on. It’s just so pathetic it’s hilarious!

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Neve wore a mask into any of those places. They say something I say I dont wear a mask. My choice and I do not want to wear one. I dont use the excuse BS. I say straight up Nope. and keep moving

2wd5bb.gif

RKirkD

Legendary
Founder
I’m with you man. I walk around hoping someone says something so I can argue
I was thrown out of 2 different Austin area Costco’s today over the mask issue. After being harassed by multiple store workers, the lady who identified herself as the manager was actually pretty cool. She started with “if it were up to me I wouldn’t ask you to wear it and I wouldn’t wear it either” and she lowers her voice a little she says “and politically, I think we are on the same side but they will fire me if I let you stay without the mask and I need this job.”

I was calm but firm with her until her male asst manager started popping off. I laid into that bastard like nobodies business. Texas has no mask mandate and I will not comply. Loudly told him to stick his mask up his pansy ass. It was crowded as hell and got a few positive responses and a high five from some guy on the way out. Unfortunately not one other person took off their mask. Fuck Costco.

FYI beef prices are waaaay up (even at Costco). Still surprised I got that far at the first one. They even make their employees wear the mask when outside....in Texas....wtf?

RKirkD

Legendary
Founder
I love purposely walking into stores without a mask on so I can watch some idiot bolt out from behind the counter to tell me I need to be wearing one to enter. It’s like they can’t wait to pounce on someone for stepping foot inside the premises without a masks on. It’s just so pathetic it’s hilarious!

it’s even better when you tell them “no that I won’t put that diaper on my face” and then telling them they KNOW it not only doesn’t help but has quite the opposite effects. Or my personal favorite, only ugly people, evil people or sheep still want masks...which one are you?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I was thrown out of 2 different Austin area Costco’s today over the mask issue. After being harassed by multiple store workers, the lady who identified herself as the manager was actually pretty cool. She started with “if it were up to me I wouldn’t ask you to wear it and I wouldn’t wear it either” and she lowers her voice a little she says “and politically, I think we are on the same side but they will fire me if I let you stay without the mask and I need this job.”

I was calm but firm with her until her male asst manager started popping off. I laid into that bastard like nobodies business. Texas has no mask mandate and I will not comply. Loudly told him to stick his mask up his pansy ass. It was crowded as hell and got a few positive responses and a high five from some guy on the way out. Unfortunately not one other person took off their mask. Fuck Costco.

FYI beef prices are waaaay up (even at Costco). Still surprised I got that far at the first one. They even make their employees wear the mask when outside....in Texas....wtf?
You have to tell the workers no, so they can tell the managers. Put the managers in an awkward position often enough and they will talk to corporate. The more people that push back the faster this ends.

Let them call the cops for someone not wearing a mask lol

RKirkD

Legendary
Founder
Also BTW, we are gonna have a new shop up tomorrow - and there are masks. I told him that you guys would make fun of me for having masks on there, but.... they are there
Your loss. Costco is great. I hope you don’t watch tv, as Disney, Microsoft, and Fox Corp (not sure about CNN) require masks to enter their building. I wouldn’t want you to come off as a hypocrite.
You sell masks for a living or something?

RKirkD

Legendary
Founder
You have to tell the workers no, so they can tell the managers. Put the managers in an awkward position often enough and they will talk to corporate. The more people that push back the faster this ends.

Thats how it went down. I was never rude nor disrespectful until assistant manager twat waffle started bumping his gum and he was the one that I directed my comments too. I know the manager was actually on my side...she told me as much. We have to push back to help end this madness.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder

Thank you. This is exactly what I am saying.

yankmenoodle

Elite
I think about telemarketers, how much I hate them calling, but realizing how bad they need a job to do it, and try to be civil. I'm the same way with masks. A couple of coworkers are very scared of covid, and I wear one around them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom