Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to build a submarine

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Nothing compares to this bad boy
602c8a732edd0f001a8d60bc

Attachments

• HITH-the-hunleys-daring-submarine-mission-150-years-ago.jpg
    HITH-the-hunleys-daring-submarine-mission-150-years-ago.jpg
    868.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

mrt

Elite
Nothing compares to this bad boy
602c8a732edd0f001a8d60bc
You needed exceptional leg strength and arm strength because the small crew was the engine. One thing I notice on this photo is that center tower has what appears to be a large weld around it. It had to be a blacksmith type weld since there was no welding back then. I doubt it would be a soft packing of any type, it does stand out tho. I like the old wooden ship of England, the Mary Rose. My brother was a reader and he told me about the history of the Mary Rose, it left the mooring and raced out into the harbor to engage the enemy then promptly capsized drowning everyone onboard. It was said the enemy was taunting the English from their ships shooting them the bird and laughing which is what made the Mary Rose grossly overweight with a large number of men and weapons, it was top heavy. She too was raised and housed to be saved recently. It was quite a story ;0) Everyone was whupping the Brits ass back then.

mrt

Elite
He was in charge of building our Nuclear powered Navy. He did a pretty good job of it, only one sub has been lost which was the Thresher but it was not due to power plant problems.

Top Bottom